once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Raekwon: "Our Solo Careers Hurt The Wu-Tang Clan"

Default Raekwon: "Our Solo Careers Hurt The Wu-Tang Clan"

nice video. first time one of them said something on this matter.

I dont agree. The early solos ARE basically another fucking Wu-Tang album, only slightly more focused on 1 member, fully produced by RZA ADDING to their & RZA's legacy in hip-hop. I dont see how say...CL2 hurt the Wu, universally praised & brought back interest in both the Wu & Raekwon. Same could be said about SC in 2000 when the Wu were in their slump. I mean Meth's a fucking GRAMMY winner for one the songs on HIS solos, but do you ever see that get to his head?

Extreme amounts of jealousy errupted in the solos (at least the solos that actually sold & did well). But you cant be mad at them, so what if 1 man works harder then you? His work is paying off and the public sees it, it should MAKE you want to be in the "friendly rivalry" state of mind, not bitter & hateful because your brother is succeeding where you are failing. Hes a fool if he really thought RZA was going to keep producing the same Wu album again & again. RZA's sound was destined to change and Rae already proved it by disliking 8D. What if his 8D style came earlier say if RZA let no one else produce on a Wu album? Rae would of still hated his direction and opted for a different sound or a new producer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    I mean Meth's a fucking GRAMMY winner for one the songs on HIS solos, but do you ever see that get to his head?
    Meth needs to gloat about that more often haha. deep down, I bet some of the Wu generals feel a little jealous about that, but overall, I'm sure they're happy for him

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    Meth needs to gloat about that more often haha. deep down, I bet some of the Wu generals feel a little jealous about that, but overall, I'm sure they're happy for him
    Probably Ghostface Killah due to the fact that he is the most marketable, commercial appeal having, major label signed member of the Generals; I have often wondered why a Grammy has eluded him for so long; he has all of the right attributes but just cannot pop off..

Peace CT

Well said Jin, peace

Veteran Member

Well we all got to remember that all the fingers are not equal, some are taller than others and you cannot do without others, that is life and we all have to accept it as such.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Peace CT

My feelings on Wu losing their strength. RZA not producing as much of the solo work. They took too long after 'Wu Forever'. The next General album was Meth almost a year and a half later. When they were touring with Rage, Wu was extremely popular. Wu merchandise at f#cking Hot Topic and at that time they didnt sell rap stuff. Too many Wu-Fam members using the name. I love Sunz of Man, Killarmy, LA the Darkman too. But I could do without Wu-Syndicate (at least take the Wu part out of name) and Cream Team. And lastly Raekwon has to take som blame since 'Immobilarity' used very little Wu influence and in the end it was a decent album but had not much of a Wu feel to it. Just my thoughts for now, peace.