Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Lana Del Ray - Born To Die

  1. #16
    Veteran Member GhettoGnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,680
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I listened to the album, and I like her voice. I'd rather see a whole album of mostly somber, melancholy songs from her, instead of some of that pop like Katy Perry/Kesha type stuff that was thrown in there. Though I know that wouldn't appeal to the public as much.
    ^This.
    If you want something somber, slightly similar, you should get your hands on Susanne Sundfør's The Brothel.



    The way I see it, Lana Del Rey is a decent artist with an enormous amount of talent. If she finds her own musical expression instead of becoming another pop sensation riding every trend that comes along (j.lo, britney+, I think she'll have a bright future. Her voice is great (yes, it is that great, wera) and now that her name is huge, she shouldn't really need trends to sell millions(look at Adele, sometimes just making great music is the best way to do it). What slightly ruins the album for me is how uneven it is. It starts of amazing with the first four tracks, then Diet Mountain Dew & National Anthem comes right after each other and at that point I have a hard time continuing listening to the album every time I've tried to listen to it in it's entirety.


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

  2. #17
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,722
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    I don't know

    great voice = christina aguilera, adele,..

    I don't see her in this department. But that's just my opinion.
    bring back begongo!!

  3. #18
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,351
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    ^This.
    If you want something somber, slightly similar, you should get your hands on Susanne Sundfør's The Brothel.



    The way I see it, Lana Del Rey is a decent artist with an enormous amount of talent. If she finds her own musical expression instead of becoming another pop sensation riding every trend that comes along (j.lo, britney+, I think she'll have a bright future. Her voice is great (yes, it is that great, wera) and now that her name is huge, she shouldn't really need trends to sell millions(look at Adele, sometimes just making great music is the best way to do it). What slightly ruins the album for me is how uneven it is. It starts of amazing with the first four tracks, then Diet Mountain Dew & National Anthem comes right after each other and at that point I have a hard time continuing listening to the album every time I've tried to listen to it in it's entirety.
    I like that Brothel song(except for the chorus, it didn't really seem to fit with the song), so I'm going to check out that album.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.





  4. #19

    Default

    I DLed The Brothel, gonna check it later on tonight or tomorrow.


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

  5. #20
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    as an album, meh...handful of good songs tho

  6. #21
    Veteran Member GhettoGnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,680
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I don't know

    great voice = christina aguilera, adele,..

    I don't see her in this department. But that's just my opinion.
    Not as powerful as those two maybe, but she got an uniqueness that makes her more interesting to me than somone like Christina. Without that you're just another singer.

    But that's just my tastes..


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

  7. #22
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,722
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    maybe I was expecting too much from the hype

    there's better music out there, florence + the machine... alison mosshart bands [kills, dead weather]
    bring back begongo!!

  8. #23

  9. #24

    Default

    hyped but talented

  10. #25
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,351
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ---- Lana Del Rey: "I Wish I Was Dead Already"



    Whoa, Lana! "Born to Die" singer Lana Del Rey said in an interview published Thursday, June 12, that she wishes she was already dead. The chanteuse, speaking with The Guardian UK, was discussing her heroes, members of the infamous "27 club" including the late Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain, when she made the bold statement.

    "I wish I was dead already," 27-year-old Del Rey told the writer Tim Jonze, who in response told Del Rey not to say that. "But I do," she countered, adding: "I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am."

    Del Rey explained that "this" wasn't limited to her music. In fact, it encompasses "everything," she told Jonze. "That's just how I feel. If it wasn't that way, then I wouldn't say it. I would be scared if I knew [death] was coming, but…"

    Del Rey (real name Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) had a privileged upbringing in Lake Placid, New York, as the daughter of an entrepreneur and former Grey account exec. "Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!'" she told The Guardian. "And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f---ed-up movie.'"

    In a recent interview with Fader magazine, the "Summertime Sadness" crooner confessed that much of her public breakdowns and haunting lyrics come from an inexplicable illness and troublesome past. "I'd been sick on tour for about two years with this medical anomaly that doctors couldn't figure out," Del Rey told the mag.

    She added in the same interview that she was "never the star" of her own show, especially within her family. "I have a very complicated family life," Del Rey told Fader. "I have a complicated personal life. It's not just my life, it’s everyone else’s in this extended family unit. It’s always about someone else, even with the people I work with."

    While she has the likes of Kimye requesting her presence at their star-studded wedding extravaganza, the vocalist mused in the Guardian interview about why her career hasn't taken off in the same way as Miley Cyrus or Lady Gaga.

    "Well, maybe those people are true provocateurs," she said. "But I'm really not and never have been. I don't think there's any shock value in my stuff – well, maybe the odd disconcerting lyric – but I think other people probably deserve the criticism, because they're eliciting it."
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.





  11. #26

    Default

    Those saying she doesn't have a great voice are insane. She blows away most of your Christina Aguileras because she commands the low range better than any other female vocalist. Plus her falsetto is as high as any I've ever heard sans Mariah Carey. I get goosebumps when I hear her sing. And a boner.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  12. #27
    Attack Ships On Fire Sun Tanama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tannhauser Gate
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Her music is boring and overdramatic, especially as shes singing about a life she hasn't lived. It just seems prosaic and calculated.

  13. #28

    Default

    Um, just about every artist sings about a life they didn't have. But yea, her stuff is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  14. #29
    Attack Ships On Fire Sun Tanama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tannhauser Gate
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crackhead Bob View Post
    Um, just about every artist sings about a life they didn't have. But yea, her stuff is boring.
    Maybe you have a point, even in that case theres degrees of it. It doesn't so much matter if Bruce Springsteen or 2Pac are faking it, as long as it doesn't feel fake. Its just something about her melodramatic songs, retro style and working class imagery that for me smacks of fakeness.

  15. #30

    Default

    She's definitely trying to portray herself as something she's not. The woe is me, I lived in a trailer park for 6 months of my overpriviledged life isn't getting anyone to believe she was from some desperate situation that she elevated herself out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •