Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro tools was a better album than it receives credit for

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post

paper plates beat is incredibly wack... nigga may as well have rhymed over a doorbell and white noise... shit was WACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ^ FAG

PAPER PLATES IS CLASSiC

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

album is average

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

majorly disappointed by this album.... a Dreddy Kreuger scam tape wrought large

Gza rapped like someone made him do it against his will. lyrically the album is great but its like listening to an audiobook. dude had absolutely no personality on the mic.

paper plate lyrically is brilliant but the beat sucks donkey balls and Gza sounds like he's about to fall asleep.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Peace CT

My least favorite GZA album by far. But I will say "Pencil" is insane. Love RZA on this and I could debate it is best Wu track in years. "Columbian Ties" is a gem too but the weak tracks outnumber the strong tracks. Peace

I think this album is an example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. If you listened to random tracks on your ipod or whatever on shuffle you wouldn't feel them as much as listening to the album from start to finish imo...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

^ see i think it works the other way around...when 'colombian ties' or something comes on during shuffle, i'm fine...but i can't listen to the album for more than 10 minutes without losing interest.

This is an average album ?? uninteresting?? Very Surprising to think that somebody can listen to tracks like 0%finance or Alphabets and call the shit average.
    If you find Gza's lyrical content boring or uninteresting than you prolly just a young nigga involved in frivolous shit cause the gza is rapping about politics, family, and violence. The nigga aint just rapping hes schooling you man. And when he aint doing that he hits you with complex driven metaphor raps. ART raps, not that tracer shit either you here in 99% of hip hop.
    I understand some cant understand or appreciate the niggas flow for what it is, but trust me when you grow up you will.

^either your reading comprehension skills are lacking or you're just trying to be an elitist contrarian.

most of the criticism for the album comes from the production, mixing, length, and gza's monotone non-flow. no one's saying his lyrics are weak (probably everyone on this forum would say he's one of the coldest pure writers in hiphop)...but gza's vocals sounded completely unenthused and dead.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

paper Plates is the dopest Gza track in awhile what are people talking about!

im with pandemic, gzas flow is pretty much unlistenable to me on that album

paper plates beat is mad repetitive to me with uninteresting drums

If you read carefully shit like "but i can't listen to the album for more than 10 minutes without losing interest." "album is average" "dude had absolutely no personality on the mic" are written here, and not only here, but other protools threads, check it out.
    Don't these comments imply the fact that Gza rapping is boring or uninteresting? I mean Gza's content is his personality, isnt it??
    Gza's album being average is another ridiculous statement. 0%finance yes is brilliant lyrically and people here agree. It elevates the track to superior at least just on the strength of the insane word play, no? Thats what i think, in fact i think that was the rap song of the decade. What song competes in terms of lyrical, storytelling wordplay at 100 bars and 100bpm??
    So if YOU cant listen to the album for more than ten mins without loosing interest than you are obviously either indifferent to what the Gza is saying (which is key) or you are just listening for good beats and mixing. which is it?
    Pardon the elitism, i cant help it.

Its his EFFORT in his own lyrics which is LACKING. When you heard "Labels" for the first time, you didnt wanna skip one syllable because GZA MADE YOU pay attention to what he was saying especially with his 1-Topic Descriptive songs. By the time 2008 hits and he does 0%, not only is he lazy for reusing a previous beat from an old album, his lyrics, while great, dont show a passion or energy. He just doesnt have that on Pro Tools, and no matter how GREAT lyrically the album is, its not enough to save it due to his mic prescence. It's that simple.

i thought grandmasters was dope and didnt deserve as much hate as it did. pro tools got the hate it should of lol
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP BLOODSHOT View Post
    So if YOU cant listen to the album for more than ten mins without loosing interest than you are obviously either indifferent to what the Gza is saying (which is key) or you are just listening for good beats and mixing. which is it?
    Pardon the elitism, i cant help it.
    well you should try to help it because you sound ignorant

if i were to read gza lyrics from his album on paper id be like damn thats some dope ass writing
    if i were to hear him spit them like he just woke up over mediocre beats ill find it boring
    music is suppose to be entertaining too you know

not to mention this is like arguing that i should like the same flavor ice cream as you