once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: now THIS is how you sample a record...

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyrecord View Post
    It seemed RZA had more talent when he couldn't read music or play instruments...manipulating vinyl was his gift
    I totally agree.

that sample is sweet!

simply brilliant.. once again creativity knows no bounds..

that is dope, takes me back...
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

hears another one. its not wu-tang but this is some more crazy sampling from havoc of mobb deep.

original song

its not if...but HOW..
    Last edited by THE W; 03-10-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

can anyone please put it online as mp3?
    i'm not allowed to listn to that shit because of any disagreement with the lable...
    thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    Im more curious about Glaciers of Ice sample than any other sample used on any Hip Hop beat.
    I wanna say i heard somewhere that he sampled the castlevania video game for that beat. not sure though

Got the title of the track, or the Castlevania game?
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Quote Originally Posted by patriquino View Post
    I totally agree.
    I can't cosign that. Rza was more prolific back then, but I think making beats like "Chamber of Fear" shows more talent than any of his earlier beats.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyrecord View Post
    It seemed RZA had more talent when he couldn't read music or play instruments...manipulating vinyl was his gift
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    I can't cosign that. Rza was more prolific back then, but I think making beats like "Chamber of Fear" shows more talent than any of his earlier beats.
    No, it takes more practice. If you really think RZA is a better producer now than when he didn't know shit about music, you're just one in a million..Kinda like sitting on the special bus, but even more special!

RZA still drops heaters from time to time though.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    Well that song is really the baseline from ain't nuttin t fuck with, even the same finger snaps, so he is recycling his earlier shit.
    He was also fucking with lots of live instruments on forever, reunited for instance.

No one stays relevant forever. Few for longer than 10 years, including other greats like timbaland, neptunes, primo, dre, kanye etc... including the fucking beatles. Paul Mccartney was probably one of the most important musicians in the world between 1964-1974, but a few years later, no one followed his lead, despite him growing musically. That you conduct an orchestra doesnt make you a better musician. In 94-98, everyone wanted to sound like RZA, because he was the best. Now no one, despite the orchestra. So evidently, he was a more important musician back than, than now, ergo he was better than, than now.