Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 117

Thread: GZA announces next album Dark Matter

  1. #16
    Veteran Member TheFunkyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMSTERDAMN!
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laolu View Post
    Would like to hear Canibus on this, doubt it will happen.
    I'd rather hear Gift of Gab, One Be Lo or K-Rino, cause they're more lyrical and their flow is still good. Canibus is trying to sound intelligent too much.

  2. #17
    Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    24
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Canibus is trying to sound intelligent too much.

  3. #18

    Default

    What do you know about black hole, nigga? What do you know about water, nigga? I smell an album with pyroclastic flows in it.

    This sounds interesting though, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If his delivery has more energy and he's backed by good production then this could potentially be a certified banger. Looks like plenty of thought must've gone into the making of this album since it seems highly conceptual from what's written.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiggity_ace View Post
    i wonder if he'll get some mf doom production on a king geedorah style, that wouuld be dope for this album
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

    GZA better go dig out all his old Silver Surfer comics for this shit.

  5. #20
    SupaSelekta tekunique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    TransFixedST8
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    cheaaaaaah

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiggity_ace View Post
    i wonder if he'll get some mf doom production on a king geedorah style, that wouuld be dope for this album
    Bitchboy

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiggity_ace View Post
    i wonder if he'll get some mf doom production on a king geedorah style, that wouuld be dope for this album
    N yo what the fuck is that footsteps into gangland shit? is it some warrior boyz part 2 shit? stop making our community look bad, how about making a video on the positives instead of the negatives, just for that u owe me a fair one

  8. #23
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,345
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ain't no LS II dropping lol niggaz really thought that was gonna happen???? lol hahaha.....I'll believe this album when i see tracklisting and hear audio, I'm one of the few wu fans who is throwing in the towel early. Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Killah Priest are the only niggaz from Wu worth my time, and Hell Razah after he recovers......

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Ain't no LS II dropping lol niggaz really thought that was gonna happen???? lol hahaha.....I'll believe this album when i see tracklisting and hear audio, I'm one of the few wu fans who is throwing in the towel early. Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Killah Priest are the only niggaz from Wu worth my time, and Hell Razah after he recovers......
    I understand the pushing back of LSII, RZA has been working on a movie and will probably be busy for the next year. GZA should put out this album first THEN move onto Liquid Swords II with RZA on full production.

  10. #25
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,345
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post
    I understand the pushing back of LSII, RZA has been working on a movie and will probably be busy for the next year. GZA should put out this album first THEN move onto Liquid Swords II with RZA on full production.
    LMAO WOW!!!!!! LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're talking like the shit bout to really drop lol hahaha oh god. Come on fam, if Wu Tang was lying about a shitload of albums dropping when they were in their PRIME, WHAT ALBUMS ARE REALLY COMING OUT WHEN THEY'RE AT THE END OF THE ROAD?????? Like for real, Like I said I'll believe it when i get a tracklisting and mp3 with it. And after listening to Protools I don't anticipate any new Gza album, it's not happening...

  11. #26
    SupaSelekta tekunique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    TransFixedST8
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    hollow just erased the word 'hope' from the wu-fan dictionary...LOL

  12. #27

    Default

    "Did I miss summin or wasnt Liquid Swords 2 suppose to be his next album"

    Yes, although LSII:ROTSB was originally announced 1st by both GZA & RZA, later on an announcement was made where GZA said the delaying of LSII & that in the mean time he would be focusing on a entirely new LP with a special kind of concept. We were never told the name of the album or subject matter, but that after it dropped then he would return to the writing for LSII

  13. #28
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,345
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    hollow just erased the word 'hope' from the wu-fan dictionary...LOL
    LOL Let's keep it 100 though, Method Man announced crystal meth how many years ago??? lol He's not even directing movies like Rza and Rza's supposed to be sending out beats.....
    Look at this shit.....

    Rza sent this nigga, to tell us that we have to listen to this other niggas mediocre albums until he gets back LOL please!!!!

    I'm bout to start a group, I see this Non-ignorant shit, no hate here, all love for those niggaz, my group is gonna be called "Wu-Realist" niggaz that realize this shit is coming to and end, Wu-Tang will always be forever, and that's what we have the music for, but these niggaz are at the end of the road, There's probably no more 5 star albums coming from the camp (except Priest), and when they drop a superior 4.5/5 hip-hop albums its shitted on by the core fans (supposedly) as average lol hahahaha, bottom line is are you buying a new U-God album????!! Lol hahahahahaha
    The Wu-tang killa beez are even sadder, niggaz are straight wack now, it's seems like after 2002 niggaz straight lost it. 2003-2008 are some of the worst years to be listening to wu, hoping for a gem and getting a dud.
    And I dare a nigga say i'm hating, ive been supporting wu for years and years, i bought every album from the clan solo and group.......Like I said Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest, Hell Razah = instant cop. anything else, if it's worth my money i'll cop....

  14. #29
    SupaSelekta tekunique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    TransFixedST8
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    LOL Let's keep it 100 though, Method Man announced crystal meth how many years ago??? lol He's not even directing movies like Rza and Rza's supposed to be sending out beats.....
    Look at this shit.....

    Rza sent this nigga, to tell us that we have to listen to this other niggas mediocre albums until he gets back LOL please!!!!

    I'm bout to start a group, I see this Non-ignorant shit, no hate here, all love for those niggaz, my group is gonna be called "Wu-Realist" niggaz that realize this shit is coming to and end, Wu-Tang will always be forever, and that's what we have the music for, but these niggaz are at the end of the road, There's probably no more 5 star albums coming from the camp (except Priest), and when they drop a superior 4.5/5 hip-hop albums its shitted on by the core fans (supposedly) as average lol hahahaha, bottom line is are you buying a new U-God album????!! Lol hahahahahaha
    The Wu-tang killa beez are even sadder, niggaz are straight wack now, it's seems like after 2002 niggaz straight lost it. 2003-2008 are some of the worst years to be listening to wu, hoping for a gem and getting a dud.
    And I dare a nigga say i'm hating, ive been supporting wu for years and years, i bought every album from the clan solo and group.......Like I said Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest, Hell Razah = instant cop. anything else, if it's worth my money i'll cop....
    nah i hears you and its completely true on the negative tip. but on some positive side shit, theres been some bangers put out in recent years..

    startin with Ghost, he been puttin out quality shit consistently probably the cat that stayed relevant straight thru outta the clan.

    no need to mention Rae with Lynx 2, after all the hype and delays still managed to put out a near classic plus the quick follow up Wu-Massacre didnt dissapoint.

    @ your comment on if niggaz would cop a new Uey LP, yo i'd def cop his new shit lol Dopium was tuff son.. far from flawless but def. wu-material.

    top of that the compilations like Chamber Music & Legendary weapons were solid and got plenty spins in my whip.

    and about Crystal Method, im still waiting for Cliff Notes ! lol obviosly Mef aint inspired lately but im sure the final LP by Method would be blazin..

    p.s. Digi Snacks was awful yo..lol

  15. #30
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,345
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    nah i hears you and its completely true on the negative tip. but on some positive side shit, theres been some bangers put out in recent years..

    startin with Ghost, he been puttin out quality shit consistently probably the cat that stayed relevant straight thru outta the clan.

    no need to mention Rae with Lynx 2, after all the hype and delays still managed to put out a near classic plus the quick follow up Wu-Massacre didnt dissapoint.

    @ your comment on if niggaz would cop a new Uey LP, yo i'd def cop his new shit lol Dopium was tuff son.. far from flawless but def. wu-material.

    top of that the compilations like Chamber Music & Legendary weapons were solid and got plenty spins in my whip.

    and about Crystal Method, im still waiting for Cliff Notes ! lol obviosly Mef aint inspired lately but im sure the final LP by Method would be blazin..

    p.s. Digi Snacks was awful yo..lol
    LOL true.
    Raekwon revived the clan in 2009 like Ghost did with SC, peep the names you mentioned. RAE & GHOST......peace be with you

    Let's review the Good shit Wu-tang has dropped since Raekwon revived them......

    1) Cuban Linx 2 - RAEKWON
    2) The Exorcist - PRIEST
    3) Heaven Razah - RAZAH
    4) Apollo Kids - GHOST
    5) School For The Blindmen
    6) The Pilgrimage
    7) Shaolin vs Wu-Tang - RAEKWON
    these are undeniably at least 4 star albums (for wu standards) from the wu-camp......who names do you see?????? Peace be with you............

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •