Thread: Obie Trice / Eminem / Statik Selektah - "Richard"

Default Obie Trice / Eminem / Statik Selektah - "Richard"

from Obie Trice's upcoming album "Bottoms Up". goddamn, Em MURDERED this shit. always good to hear him on some real hip-hop beats, he needs to bring some shit like this for his next album. Obie was always pretty underrated too, i need to dust off his debut album - i remember it was pretty damn dope and also had Eminem's best production.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Never heard this before, thanks for posting. It's ok, dunno about Em murdering it though! When's the album out? Definatly right about his first album being dope though, Em murdered these tracks on Obie's debut, think he produced both of them too -

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    lol, damn forgot to post the link to the actual track.. thanks man, haven't found a download link yet so if anyone got it pls post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    Never heard this before, thanks for posting. It's ok, dunno about Em murdering it though! When's the album out? Definatly right about his first album being dope though, Em murdered these tracks on Obie's debut, think he produced both of them too -

it's not the best Em verse i've heard but i think his flow was sick as fuck on this and it's always a blessing to hear him on more traditional hip-hop beats than we heard on "Recovery" and without all the gimmicks we heard on much of "Relapse" (which had incredible production btw).

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Thought this song was pretty aimless and messy constructed flow wise. Beat isn't all that either although I'm glad he is aware of Statik selektah's production (which is usually brilliant).

I can't even remember a post-recovery song where he actually came up with a decent concept for a song and executed it properly. He needs to get rid of this whole Shady persona and start expanding his mind a bit for a while... Honestly, there is a million songs about women and lately quite a few of them has been awful.

Better than his verse on Yelawolf's album but that's not saying much, sadly.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    without all the gimmicks we heard on much of "Relapse" (which had incredible production btw).

that album is severely underrated. one of the better albums to come out in the past 5 years.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Banned

WACK beat and one of the worst eminem verses of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember when em could flow like this!?!?!?!!?!?!!?

still wanna hear this obie album obie is dope...

CHEERS >>> slaughterhouse and yelasuck

i like this. not a typical statik selektah beat if you ask me. obie trice went for a bread and potatoes flow, where em went with his rapid fire shit. i fucks with it though -- the rhyme scheme is intricate enough that it makes up for some of the weaker lines. but word, if em spit like this on his new album, i definitely wouldnt be mad (i mean, i probably would be, but less mad than after recovery).

and on relapse, the beats on that album are crazy and there's some good straight up eminem tracks on that bitch. but it's still nothing more than a decent/mediocre album

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post

that second track was one of the hardest tracks I've heard in a minute, hadn't heard it before thanks for the link dude
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

why does Obie sound exactly like wackass Jay-Z?
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

when did em turn into silkk the shocker?
    C OF TRANQUILITY DROPPING OCTOBER 5TH 2010

lol jay-z ft. silkk the shocker - richard
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!