Thread: Jack White (White Stripes) writes solo album because Rza stood him up

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

Default Jack White (White Stripes) writes solo album because Rza stood him up

Many Jack White fans have been waiting for a solo album from their hero for years, and they'll finally get their wish later this month when he releases Blunderbuss. Well, here's something you might not have known about the forthcoming album: it's only thanks to Wu-Tang Clan's RZA that Jack even made it at all.

In the New York Times' recent interview with the former White Stripes leader, it's revealed that Jack had booked a recording session with RZA, presumably for one of White's many collaborative seven-inches. The session was due to take place at Jack's home studio in Nashville, TN, but the rapper was a no-show.

While waiting on RZA with nothing else to do, White apparently decided to work on his own songs. Before long, this writing blossomed into Blunderbuss.

White had previously mentioned that the album began when an artist didn't turn up for recording, but he referred to the other party only as "someone," and didn't reveal that it was RZA.

White also gave the New York Times the scoop on his separate male and female live bands. When he takes both on tour, only one will perform each night and no one -- not even the players themselves -- will know who until the morning of. What's more, the two bands aren't allowed to listen to each other, because the leader wants them to remain musically distinct.

Blunderbuss is due out April 24 via Third Man/Columbia/XL. The video for "Sixteen Saltines" came out today (April 5). Watch it below.

cool about the solo but too bad no Rza colabo went down
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Id like to see rza work w revelations more/some... Not sure how involved he,was in those projects
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

so rza is still being a douche? nothing new

jack white is awesome tho
    bring back begongo!!

rza and one half of the white stripes? hmm the only time i have seen or heard the two anywhere near each other was in Jim Jarmusch's coffee and cigarettes
    'Bill Groundhog-Day, Ghostbustin'-ass Murray!

GZA: Want some tea?
    RZA: Yea, splash me.
    GZA: It's all herbals, man. No caffeine.
    RZA: That's what I'm talking about. No caffeine. Caffeine is ridiculous right now, man.
    GZA: Tell me about it.
    RZA: Caffeine leads to depression, makes you all irritable, have your heart beating fast. Faster heart rate, you know what I mean? And worse than anything, you drink that coffee, it gives you the shits, you know what I mean? So I try to stay away from that.
    GZA: I'm off that shit, anyway.
    RZA: Crisp and clean. No caffeine.
    Last edited by silent_whistler_uk; 04-08-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: -

Wow - RZA delays and an lp happens!

Can u imagine if this happened in the world of the Wu?

Banned

why is the Wu retarded when it comes to working with amazing rock artists? first they ditch Rage Against the Machine, and now Jack White? stupid as fuck

RZA drove to Jack Black's house by accident...they recorded a never to be released banger though...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    RZA drove to Jack Black's house by accident...they recorded a never to be released banger though...
    damn.

i wanna hear that shit.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    damn.

i wanna hear that shit.
    Ringz has heard it, he says RZA won't release it though...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
    Ringz has heard it, he says RZA won't release it though...

mother FUCKER!!!!!!!
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell