once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: i just listened to apollo brown & O.C. new LP and its a classic thats destroys

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

THIS CD MADE ME BURN MY BURNED CD OF BRONZNAZ

AND OC SHITS ON THOSE GAS MASK GUYS

BUT OC HIMSELF LOOKS UP TO JAY ELEc

i could care less if there's a few beats on here that was on "Clouds"... if all beats were from that album then it would've felt more like a mixtape but this is as official as it gets. the instrumental versions and the vocal versions with OC are two different entities. this and "The Kolexxxion" are the illest albums of the years so far, and those two + Ganggrene are the only three i've felt been worthy of spending money on so far.

the deluxe 2xLP version of "Trophies" has a Gatefold Cover, are pressed on white vinyl and features a bonus 7" single that features the two songs "Prestige Of A King" and "The Biggest Loser" btw. OC just dropped, Lord Finesse got plenty of projects on the way, Diamond D is working on his self produced album, Show & AG got "Mugshot Music" and "M.M.: Preloaded" on the way... plus Showbiz just dropped an instrumental LP the other day which I'm banging at the moment.. DITC is more relevant than Wu-Tang at the moment.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

This shit is dope. No doubt about it. Nobody agrees that a lot of the beats are really similar on this though? I seem to not want to listen to the whole album at once because of this. Quality tracks here all the way through the album. Just wish it was a little more diverse production-wise. Nobody agrees?

i dont, personally. some of the qualities of the beats may be similar, but to me it comes off more as album cohesion than repetitive songs.

Banned

when i hear primo banger after primo banger on gangstarr LP's it doesnt bother me...

when i hear apollo brown banger after banger on O.C. LP it doesnt bother me....

this is O.C. best album next to word...life and jewelz...

rap is so fucking bad now when LPs like this drop i cant do anything but gas em up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beats are hot...
    concepts are tight...
    raps are crazy....
    and the flow is BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.C. = most underrated emcee of all time

my ears were right... THE ALBUMS CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm def not on par with Word...Life but def tied IMO so far with Jewelz

i think this might be OC's best work to date. i'm gonna obviously have to let this shit sit before i know for sure, but i cant find a skippable track, and OC has that veteran swag on the mic where he's just pouring out jewels left and right.

Banned

i dont know about this being better than word...life and jewelz man... thats crazy...

but i will say theres times on this record where OC becomes THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

example: THE FORMULA

OC pen game is crazy... his style is timeless... 3rd verse on THE FORMULA stops time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ima feel cheated if these dudes dont drop a follow up LP...

40 year old rap legends spitting gospel >>> fresh faced fag rappers spitting drivel

CLASSIC ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OC catalog is lethal he has one misstep and he owns up to it...

rappers admitting one of their albums sucks >>> rappesr getting mad on twitter when you say their album sucks

also LOL @ OC continuing the trend of emcees snitching on themselves with drunk driving bars yall niggas man... gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"example: THE FORMULA

OC pen game is crazy... his style is timeless... 3rd verse on THE FORMULA stops time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

agreed 100%, Formula is always on repeat & love the verses O.C. drops on this song. Is that Rev. Run as the sample in the chorus by chance?