once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man With The Iron Fist

PRODIGAL SUN

I Wonder who was the martial arts actor. who left the silver lion part. i'll just speculate and say donnie yen.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

I saw on the local news tonight that this was #4 on top openers for this weekend.

I dont know if they were talking nationally or just for my state though. If they even do it by state
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Byron Mann's "Silver Lion" reminds me exactly like a classic Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa bad guy. He even sounds & acts like Cary

Peace CT

Yeah you are correct Food. I just saw on IMDB it came in #4 with 8.22 million bucks. Peace

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Yeah you are correct Food. I just saw on IMDB it came in #4 with 8.22 million bucks. Peace
    Thanks

1. Wreck-It Ralph $49.1M
    2. Flight $25M
    3. Argo $10.2M
    4. The Man with the Iron Fists $8.22M
    5. Taken 2 $6M
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

It was what I expected. I enjoyed it. Damn the movie starts off with fighting, Hahahahah!!

saw it. loved it.
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

#WorldClass #OlympicClass IronSheik's Avatar

Default VIBE: 5 Kung-Fu Flicks That Inspired RZA

RZA gave the Wu-Tang Clan a very distinct sound when he began incorporating samples from some of his favorite kung fu movies in their music. But it was more than just cool soundbites and swords swinging and clashing that served as preludes to some of the grittiest rhymes ever composed. RZA and many of the Clansmen adopted a lot of the philosophies and ideas behind these classic movies to create their own world of allies and foes, battles and victory.

In support of The Man With The Iron Fists, VIBE asked RZA about his top 5 influences when it comes to kung fu flicks. Unable to name the top five influential movies due to the high volume of movies he takes in, he did agree to name five in no particular order. He earned a lot from these movies mostly that when his talent is properly used... it's almost invincible.

1) The Five Deadly Venoms (1978): A tale of a dying teacher who instructs his final student to check on five former pupils, each of whom he taught a unique and special style of kung-fu to: The Centipede, Snake, Scorpion, Lizard, and Toad. His final student, who knows a little of each style must team up with one of the other good students to defeat the evil ones.

2) The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin (1978): During a brutal Manchu attack, Lui manages to escape and devotes himself to learning the martial arts in order to seek revenge. In a short period of time he masters the deadly art of fighting. With his learning complete, he takes on the Manchus.

3) The Mystery of Chessboxing (1979) : Young Ah Pao wants to avenge his father's death at the hands of the Ghost Faced Killer. Ah Pao learns from several teachers until he makes the link between chess and fighting. He teams up with his boy and together they take on the Ghost Faced Killer.

4) World Of Drunken Master (1979): After thirty years apart, two old heads meet up and begin reminiscing about the good old days when they worked at a winery. Eventually the owner they work for teaches the two young men the art of drunken style. After long months of training the two master the style. Then something transpires that informs the viewer why they were apart for 30 years and how it was they linked back up.

5) Once Upon A Time In China (1991): Rza said the setting for this film takes place 40 years after TMWTIF. It was during a time in Canton where the Eastern and Western worlds were colliding. Based on legendary Kung Fu hero Wong Fei-Hung, the story takes us through the plundering of China by Western forces. Eventually Fei-Hung is forced to stand against these outside forces, even if it means using his kung fu against guns.

Default RZA: Lucy Liu & Pretty Girls Inspired Kanye

RZA Says Kanye's 'White Dress' Resonates In 'Iron Fists'

"With Kanye, it was a little different because he was invited into the editing room very early," the Wu-Tang vet told MTV News, explaining that West actually got a chance to see some of the film before recording.

"When I had the scene done with Lucy Liu and all of these pretty girls, I reached out to him and said, 'I want you to come to the editing room and see this scene and potentially give me a song for it.' So he came in, watched the scene and he loved it, and all he had was a demo of the music. I told him, 'You could take this music, add to it and flip it, because I know how good you are at what you do. But the main thing is that I want it to be a female-based song.' "

The end result was just as good as he'd hoped for. "He went and came back with 'White Dress,' which is a female based song," RZA said. "[In the movie scene], Lucy Liu walks in not with a white dress but she does come in with a gown, and somehow his lyrics really resonate with the scene."

After doing his part for the 'Iron Fists' soundtrack, Kanye has been back in the studio working on another album, and RZA might end up working on that too. "There's been some emails back and forth. My schedule has been crazy I'm quite sure his has been crazy as well but if I get a chance to do some stuff before he finishes the record, I'd love to go in and add some energy," he said of potentially appearing on the LP. "But if not, I'll just be a fan, buying it and enjoying it like the rest of us.

Peace CT

Saw it on Tuesday night. Not bad, wasnt expecting much since I am not a kung-fu movie guy. Smart that RZA spread the screen time so he wasnt the main character. Crowe was solid as was the Silver Lion character. Action and special effects were good minus the obvious poor quality CGI blood. And I might get hate for this but I wasnt blown away by the score. Thought Ghost Dog was much better. Overall the movie is in the 7 range. Support this kids! N last thing, glad RZA got the hottie. Peace

i bet there will never be any better score that the ost of ghost dog!!!
    that ghostdog ost is a classic rza from the golden era

Default RZA: On Fighting Styles Used In The Film

Universal Studios will re-coup their investment in RZA's film just off the USA box office. Every penny they take in from International box office, DVD/Blu-Ray, Cable Television , NetFlix, iTunes will be pure PROFIT.

There is no doubt that he will be making another film very soon...

He's directing a Genghis Kahn biopic.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -