once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Preparing for Tekken Tag Tournament 2

  1. #1
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Preparing for Tekken Tag Tournament 2

    TTT2 will be arriving on September 11 (US) and its shaping up to be one of the best fighting games of the year. This game is the total package. One of the few that are worth every penny of your $60.

    Here is why:
    Over 50 characters.

    Over 27 Stages.

    Free DLC's. They will be release sometime after the game, but you can get some of them on the first day with pre-order.


    Snoop Dogg stage and song

    This is not a selling point for me, Im just letting you know this crap is part of the DLC deal too.

    Many options and many modes.




    You can even change the music of the game.

    Character customizations.

    The amazing new tag and gameplay mechanics. You can play 2v2, 2v1 and 1v1.



    I made this thread, because most fighting games have great gameplay, a good multiplayer, but always disappoints on offline content. And I think TTT2 is gonna deliver on what other games lacked.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 08-24-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  2. #2
    Dr. Rosenpenis JASPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    white culture
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,679
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Going with DoA5 this year. Was really disappointed in Tekken 6. Those girls in bikini's look like transvestites or some shit. What the hell. If they gonna copy DoA do it right.

    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #3
    Hidden Warrior KATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brit Reid's guest house
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ^ I was never one for DOA, I always had trouble mastering the counter effect mechanisms, and aside from Hayabusa I wasn't a big fan of their character roster.......although that special forces dude was pretty sick.

    I've always been a Tekken head, and that's why I'm more itnerested in this; also, Tekken used to be a PS exclusive which is why I always liked it as well.......plus Forrest/Marshall Law was the closest you'd get to playing Bruce Lee in a game....always imitated, never duplicated

    BTW, is both Forrest and Marshall in this? My cpu at the moment won't let me play vids for some reason.....and if so, will they have the same move-set???


  4. #4
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    @ KATO
    Yes, both characters are on the game, but Forrest will be a free DLC. As for the moveset it'll probably be the same as Asuka and Jun, where the majority of the move are similar with some differences. Speaking of Jun, Unknown makes a return as the final boss too. You fight ogre as the first boss, then move on to the next stage where you fight Jun, once defeated she transforms into Unknown. Is freaking awesome!

    @ IKEA
    Sorry man! I tried to get into DOA a couple of times. For some reason it never got me interested. Though, I like watching other people play, and I fucking love how hyped the fights looks with the stage interaction.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 08-24-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  5. #5
    Dr. Rosenpenis JASPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    white culture
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,679
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KATO View Post
    ^ I was never one for DOA, I always had trouble mastering the counter effect mechanisms, and aside from Hayabusa I wasn't a big fan of their character roster.......although that special forces dude was pretty sick.

    I've always been a Tekken head, and that's why I'm more itnerested in this; also, Tekken used to be a PS exclusive which is why I always liked it as well.......plus Forrest/Marshall Law was the closest you'd get to playing Bruce Lee in a game....always imitated, never duplicated

    BTW, is both Forrest and Marshall in this? My cpu at the moment won't let me play vids for some reason.....and if so, will they have the same move-set???
    Jann Lee is the Bruce Lee character in DoA. He's great. The counter system is really hard to master, but if you learn it, you can do some serious damage. In DoA5 they nerfed it a little and made the counters a bit easier.



    Look at all these tag throws. Tekken better step up it up in TT2.

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post

    @ IKEA
    Sorry man! I tried to get into DOA a couple of times. For some reason it never got me interested. Though, I like watching other people play, and I fucking love how hyped the fights looks with the stage interaction.
    I really like the fluidity of DoA, moves really blend nicely into each other and the combos are smooth as shaved balls. Now I played the piss out of Tekken 5 and 6 and Tekken 3 back in the day. Compared to DoA, the moves in Tekken are kind of robotic and it seems the Tekken series are getting worse and worse...
    Storyline makes no damn sense anymore, it's more and more button basher friendly than ever (that easy fucking 10 hit Baek combo for instance), the outfits are getting more and more ridiculous (Yoshi has no good outfits anymore), scenario mode is horrible, new bounce system causing even more juggling.
    The juggling is one of the things that turns me off the most about Tekken. It's so unrealistic and breaks the game for me. Once you get launched, which isn't that hard, your opponent can land retarded long combos on you without you being able to counter, pull out or even fight back.
    Last edited by JASPER; 08-24-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #6
    DrunkenMasta303
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    @ KATO
    Yes, both characters are on the game, but Forrest will be a free DLC.
    forest law is not DLC

    p.jack, tiger jackson, alex and forest are playable from the start
    i played the shit out of TTT2 at gamescom last week and they were all selectable

    michelle, angel, ancient ogre and kunimitsu are free DLC tho

    IMO this will be the best fighting game ever! its alot faster than Tekken6, many new moves per character, online play will be better i heard..etc

    cant wait to rock my lei wulong / yoshimitsu team!

  7. #7
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I'll be using Jun and Asuka as my main bring the pain team
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  8. #8
    Hidden Warrior KATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brit Reid's guest house
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Is the whole "I have 2 characters, but if one dies, then I lose a round even though I have a single character left with a decent amount of health" in effect?

    I always hated that concept......why would they incorporate something like that?! Doesn't make sense to me......That's why the Capcom vs Marvel approach was much superior IMO


  9. #9
    Hidden Warrior KATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brit Reid's guest house
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    yo whats the story with the young looking heihachi????




    I'm assuming this game isn't cannon???


  10. #10
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Tag Tournament games are not cannon. Thats why Harada (Director) takes the liberty to add character that haven't been on the series for a long time like Jun, Kunimitsu, Michelle, Angel and for the first time a young Heihachi.
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  11. #11
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IKEA View Post
    I really like the fluidity of DoA, moves really blend nicely into each other and the combos are smooth as shaved balls. Now I played the piss out of Tekken 5 and 6 and Tekken 3 back in the day. Compared to DoA, the moves in Tekken are kind of robotic and it seems the Tekken series are getting worse and worse...
    Storyline makes no damn sense anymore, it's more and more button basher friendly than ever (that easy fucking 10 hit Baek combo for instance), the outfits are getting more and more ridiculous (Yoshi has no good outfits anymore), scenario mode is horrible, new bounce system causing even more juggling.
    The juggling is one of the things that turns me off the most about Tekken. It's so unrealistic and breaks the game for me. Once you get launched, which isn't that hard, your opponent can land retarded long combos on you without you being able to counter, pull out or even fight back.
    While a lot of people are turned off by the juggle system, that system is what give you more freedom in doing combos. With the inclusion of the spike(Ground bounce) and tag combos you even have more freedom to create different combos. Besides, every game have juggles, it just that Tekken combo mechanics are based on it. Story wise almost all fighting game story sucks. The game is noob friendly, but it does have some depth in it for high level play. Tekken games are well animated and they don't look robotic at all. The only instance where it looks funny is when players are doing the wave dash technique.

    Level Up Your Game Tutorials

    Last edited by RagnaroK; 08-25-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  12. #12
    DrunkenMasta303
    Guest

    Default

    yeah korean backdash cancels /wavedashing n shit can look funny at times

    as for launchers n all...thats what i like about tekken, it forces both players to play more careful and dont just throw out random moves that are unsafe... also button mashers have no chance cos most the time u can just hopkick them... most launchers are launch-punishable themselves etc

    so this really makes u "think" while fighting... this shit is like chess sometimes!

  13. #13
    Dr. Rosenpenis JASPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    white culture
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,679
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    While a lot of people are turned off by the juggle system, that system is what give you more freedom in doing combos. With the inclusion of the spike(Ground bounce) and tag combos you even have more freedom to create different combos. Besides, every game have juggles, it just that Tekken combo mechanics are based on it. Story wise almost all fighting game story sucks. The game is noob friendly, but it does have some depth in it for high level play. Tekken games are well animated and they don't look robotic at all. The only instance where it looks funny is when players are doing the wave dash technique.
    Compared to DoA and a bunch of other fighters, the moves sometimes look choppy like they're missing some frames. I don't mind how juggles were in Tekken 3, but since Tekken 5 you'll easily loose 60% of your health once you get juggled. Even more so in Tekken 6 since launching is even easier now plus the fucking bound system. Once you're getting juggled, you're not playing the game, you're watching it.
    This wouldn't have been a problem if Tekken had breakers. This is what I like about DoA, yes you can get juggled, but you can escape or even counter the combo if your opponent doesn't mix it up or plays too predictable.
    To not sound like a complete hater, I must admit I like the Rage thing Tekken 6 has. Have seen some great comebacks from near dead opponents.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

  14. #14
    Strider Hiryu RagnaroK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Island Of death
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    North America pre-order bonuses

    DLC characters Angel, Ancient Ogre, Kunimitsu and Michelle

    Collectible Girl Power poster

    Exclusive avatars and themes

    Big Bikini Bundle

    Tekken Takes Tokyo documentary

    20 pieces of original artwork in the Tekken Art Gallery

    Snoop Dogg exclusive stage



    Europe pre-order bonuses

    It was reported by EuroGamer that it depends on where you pre-order from certain retailers to get certain DLC characters. ShopTo get Michelle Chang and Angel DLC. Pre-orders at Zavvi get Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre.

    DLC characters Ancient Ogre and Michelle or Angel and Kunimitsu

    Snoop Dogg exclusive stage

    Big Bikini Bundle

    Exclusive Lili costume, can be seen here in action

    Exclusive avatars and themes

    ----------------------------------------------------


    We Are Tekken Edition

    Special metal game case

    Original soundtrack

    Remixed Soundtrack

    200 page The Art of Tekken Artbook

    Tekken Takes Tokyo documentary


    Human Instrumentality Project

    Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

  15. #15
    Dr. Rosenpenis JASPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    white culture
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,679
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Day 1 DLC and pre order bonuses...

    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •