once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64

Thread: where do emotions come from?

  1. #16
    Non Ignorant Math Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    mental experience

    or

    experience for the mental?
    mental experience


    NON-IGS

  2. #17
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    emotions come from feelings. you won't express emotion over something you have no feelings for, but if you have feelings for something then you could/would express emotion over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  3. #18
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    what causes feelings ?

  4. #19
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    fear and love, but not always at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  5. #20
    Rum Ham ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MAFIA LAND
    Posts
    13,214
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    feelings and emotions are the same thing i thought.

    anyway an emotion is a reaction to something. when you think about it, its what makes us human. the ability to feel something strongly, to be aware of our situation and that of others. the feeling of mutual love between two people is the most important thing in life. emotions can also often destroy people though because something happens and they can't get over that pain.

    one thing thats interesting to me is whether women are more emotional than men or if perhaps society forces men to not show their emotions as much.

  6. #21
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    an emotion is an expression of how you feel inside. people can feel all sorts and supress their emotion because they don't want others to know how they feel. people can also express all sorts of emotions to hide how they actually feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  7. #22
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    in other words, laughing is an emotion, crying is an emotion, but you won't have those emotions if there is no feeling there. you might laugh or smile if you're feeling happy and you might cry if you're feeling sad.
    Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 08-27-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  8. #23
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    have you ever laughed while feeling sad and cried when feeling happy ?

  9. #24
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    yes to both
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  10. #25
    Rum Ham ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MAFIA LAND
    Posts
    13,214
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    in other words, laughing is an emotion, crying is an emotion, but you won't have those emotions if there is no feeling there. you might laugh or smile if you're feeling happy and you might cry if you're feeling sad.
    laughing and crying are not emotions. they are actions that may be caused by emotions. your grasp of english is kinda sloppy lol. read much?

  11. #26
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    it's an expression an emotion is an expression of how you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  12. #27
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    why do you think emoticons are called emoticons?

    emoticons of smiley faces, sad faces, etc, etc? they enable a user to express how they feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  13. #28
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    laughing and crying are not emotions. they are actions that may be caused by emotions. your grasp of english is kinda sloppy lol. read much?
    then what is an emotion?

  14. #29
    Rum Ham ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MAFIA LAND
    Posts
    13,214
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    e·mo·tion (-mshn)
    n.
    1. A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.
    2. A state of mental agitation or disturbance: spoke unsteadily in a voice that betrayed his emotion. See Synonyms at feeling.
    3. The part of the consciousness that involves feeling; sensibility: "The very essence of literature is the war between emotion and intellect" (Isaac Bashevis Singer).

    okay you are unlikely to cry unless you're emotional. but the act of crying is not the emotion. the emotion is what you feel.

  15. #30
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    e·mo·tion (-mshn)
    n.
    1. A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.
    2. A state of mental agitation or disturbance: spoke unsteadily in a voice that betrayed his emotion. See Synonyms at feeling.
    3. The part of the consciousness that involves feeling; sensibility: "The very essence of literature is the war between emotion and intellect" (Isaac Bashevis Singer).

    okay you are unlikely to cry unless you're emotional. but the act of crying is not the emotion. the emotion is what you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    it's an expression an emotion is an expression of how you feel.

    i already said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •