once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Hop is the worst thing to happen to this generation.

Default Hip Hop is the worst thing to happen to this generation.

I feel that hip hop has completely destroyed the social fabric of this generation and has led to the ultimate triumph of the dumb and sociopathic over all. Not just the 'ignorant' rap that's about guns, drugs, killing other black people, and degrading women like Gucci Mane, but the 'knowledge' rap that's about guns, drugs, killing other black people, and degrading women like wutang.

Hip hop has completely warped the average youth's perception of reality. It has produced a generation of women who are celebrated for not having shame and men who are cowards that anyone would be ashamed to call a father unless they themselves are cowards.

things that are socially disgusting have now become celebrated and we've officially reached the point where there's absolutely nothing of substance to learn from american culture. That's a huge denigration in western history that most of you don't have the capacity to understand. We have nothing to pass down to our children culturally.

The worst is it has created an environment where people refuse to grow up. the Hip Hop generation is trapped in childhood because their 'adult' role models are large children. Unraised children with no rule or feeling of self worth. The adult world is completely shunned by hip hop and this form of music has festered an America where living is pointless because nobody has the spine to live for anything great than themselves.

The most homicidal and morally bankrupt degeneration of ghetto culture has been packaged to continue poisoning this country and world.

There are a lot of hip hop songs and albums i like till this day, but I'm still man enough to admit that hip hop has had a net negative effect on this generation, blacks in particular.

We're less culturally endowed that 3rd world bush bandits

This is someones father. I know a lot of you are fatherless but just imagine having a dad and still feeling fatherless, this is what i mean by 'this is someone's father'. Disgrace.

Veteran Member

HipHop happened cuz mainstream society did not let a lot of black men be part of it. So some gave voice to the condition of some of us to the world and it was accepted by some. The seeds of destruction in this society was already planted when some people decided to not let the black man be part of it successfully. Oh well.

I grew up in a house that backed onto a alleyway that was full of hookers and dealers. The council erected a large metal fence to keep them from coming in our and our neighbours gardens.

My parents worked hard enough for us to move to a much safer and nicer area of the country.

I thought this was a good thing, until I met Hip Hop fans and realised that I was now a faggit who wasnt keeping it real and was in no way as good as 35yr old men living in basements in shithole areas wearing grimey t-shirts and threatening to shoot people for scuffing their Jordans.

Poet Of The Streets

Not just the 'ignorant' rap that's about guns, drugs, killing other black people, and degrading women like Gucci Mane, but the 'knowledge' rap that's about guns, drugs, killing other black people, and degrading women like wutang.
    I feel your on the right path but misguided a bit. 'Knowledge' rap speaks about guns, drugs, murder etc. because that exactly what makes the ghetto the ghetto. It's a very real issue and I don't get the feeling that you've ever lived in the ghetto so I wouldn't expect you to fully understand that mentality. It's one of helplessness and hopelessness that I'm very familiar with. Having said that there is no conceivable excuse to ever promote negativity, especially to the youth. But I feel that a person who has survived in the ghetto could much more easily take away a positive message from 'Knowledge' rap than one who hasn't. Even though on the surface all rap may seem negative, groups like Wu/Sunz Of Man/Gang Starr/Poor Righteous Teachers/etc have proved time and time again that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

tsa is great fun at parties

America is all about culture isnt it

Wu Vatican

it does make the dumb dumber i feel. if your not smart enough to know most everything they talk about is bullshit, then theres a problem.

people who just take it for entertainment are fine.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
    I feel your on the right path but misguided a bit. 'Knowledge' rap speaks about guns, drugs, murder etc. because that exactly what makes the ghetto the ghetto. It's a very real issue and I don't get the feeling that you've ever lived in the ghetto so I wouldn't expect you to fully understand that mentality. It's one of helplessness and hopelessness that I'm very familiar with. Having said that there is no conceivable excuse to ever promote negativity, especially to the youth. But I feel that a person who has survived in the ghetto could much more easily take away a positive message from 'Knowledge' rap than one who hasn't. Even though on the surface all rap may seem negative, groups like Wu/Sunz Of Man/Gang Starr/Poor Righteous Teachers/etc have proved time and time again that you can't judge a book by it's cover.
    The directly and indirectly make this hopelessness trendy which you wouldn't think is their fault but they do it deliberately. Hip Hop, even for groups like wu and gang starr is a followers game. It's all about following the leader. If the leader is into this, everyone has to be into that and so forth and even the ones that don't follow still make things that everyone else thinks is cool seem cool like being negative hateful and violent.
    the token 'positive songs' are a waste of time. the human animal always wants to hear and see negative destructive shit so the seeds are planted and hip hop didn't plant them, but humans knew this about themselves and went out of their way for making their want to be dog shit a reality.

hip hop has created a nurturing environment for a person to be dog shit and the floodgates have opened

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    tsa is great fun at parties
    usually yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    it does make the dumb dumber i feel. if your not smart enough to know most everything they talk about is bullshit, then theres a problem.

people who just take it for entertainment are fine.
    i agree, if you take it as entertainment it's great but even at that it effects you. I curse more, say nigga more, say bitch more, and im more desensitized to violent ideas and actions as we all are and hip hop is the direct reason. We're bombarded by people talking about killing people to the extent that it becomes completely normal and saying nigga and bitch. Now white kids in the suburbs are fighting each other and calling each other nigga.

even the intelligent ones think twice before notifying authorities about crimes, backing down from fights that aren't worth it, and say 'bitches' all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    We're less culturally endowed that 3rd world bush bandits

This is someones father. I know a lot of you are fatherless but just imagine having a dad and still feeling fatherless, this is what i mean by 'this is someone's father'. Disgrace.
    lol I agree.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Problem is that this assumes that people aren't dumb to begin with. This music is just a reflection of these people rather than actually creating them. The generation is.dumb fullstop. They don't need any help becoming that.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

I agree to a large extent

overall HH has had a negative impact on people and culture especially contemporary rap (Jeezy, Chief Keef, Waka)

it creates a culture of hate and violence

im all for free speech but i think there needs to be more responsibility

at the end of the day its the common people especially blacks that are losing and the corps that are profiteering from zoo antics

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    Problem is that this assumes that people aren't dumb to begin with. This music is just a reflection of these people rather than actually creating them. The generation is.dumb fullstop. They don't need any help becoming that.
    your right. i just think that prior to that it was a cultural norm to at least be ashamed of your stupidity, whereas hip hop has created an environment where if you let it out you're celebrated.

humans are also violent but go out of their way to keep that from being a norm, now people are getting shot over pieces of candy because they spend 68% of their day listening to someone say "If a nigga stay hatin' ama take his fucking life"

it have a desensitizing effect towards violence and psychotic thoughts that make your own violent psychotic thoughts seem more relevant of ok to act on.