once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: If You Are Not 100% Healthy,

  1. #16
    ...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Within the ALL...
    Age
    34
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    if theres no insanity how can sanity exist. opposites depend on eachother. its hard to explain.

    but try and think if theres no left. can u go right.
    This is not true. Opposites do not always depend on each other and if they do then insanity and sanity are not opposites.

    Complementary or interdependant opposites exist as the neccessary foundation of the universe. They interplay in such a way so as to achieve balance and therefore COMPLETE order in the universe. They are opposites such as left/right, up/down, hot/cold, light/dark, masculine/feminine etc.

    Sanity has no complementary opposite because it is a word used to describe this very balance and complete order within the universe. In the example of the word "sanity" it is describing the mind when it is in a balanced state.

    Other words that have no complementary opposite are HEALTH (describing the balanced state of usually the physical body, but also sometimes the mental, emotional and spiritual bodies as well) and in particular RIGHTEOUSNESS or GOOD, which describes the complete balanced state of the entire Universe both on a macro and microcosmic level.

    Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    it can many different things. depends who ur asking. health is generally the well being of ur mind body and spirit.

    some people might think 100% sanity isnt good for people. u need that tiny bit of insanity. the pressure of trying to be totally sane can make some people crack.
    If people place pressure on themselves to be 100% sane or healthy and they "crack" then it was the incorrectly perceived pressure (which would fall under the definition of insanity) that lead to them cracking, not being 100% sane or healthy because if they were 100% sane/healthy they would not have cracked!

    Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    theres certain cultures that allow people 2 have a set period of madness. to let everything out of their system. such festivals can therefore be said to be healthy
    Those festivals cannot be said to be healthy if the people are engaging in unhealthy acts (assuming this is what you mean by madness, otherwise it wouldn't be madness). How can doing something unhealthy be healthy?

    Req Em Ab



  2. #17
    Non Ignorant Math Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    This is not true. Opposites do not always depend on each other and if they do then insanity and sanity are not opposites.

    Complementary or interdependant opposites exist as the neccessary foundation of the universe. They interplay in such a way so as to achieve balance and therefore COMPLETE order in the universe. They are opposites such as left/right, up/down, hot/cold, light/dark, masculine/feminine etc.

    Sanity has no complementary opposite because it is a word used to describe this very balance and complete order within the universe. In the example of the word "sanity" it is describing the mind when it is in a balanced state.

    Other words that have no complementary opposite are HEALTH (describing the balanced state of usually the physical body, but also sometimes the mental, emotional and spiritual bodies as well) and in particular RIGHTEOUSNESS or GOOD, which describes the complete balanced state of the entire Universe both on a macro and microcosmic level.
    but balance depends on the idea of imbalance. if someone knows what balance is then theyll know what imbalance is. how can you understand 1 without understanding the other.

    im not saying that insanity and sanity balance with eachother. they dont. but they depend on eachother because if you know 1 you know the other.

    i think my vie on the universe is very different from yours.

    i dont think that things balance out or that they make the universe ordered.

    i dont think the universe reaches a complete balanced state.

    i think this is an illusion people see. a good example is evolution. its a chaotic event but it looks like it has order cuz every animal seems to be so complex that an inventor must have created them with a set orderly plan and that these animals couldnt have came from such a chaotic thing as natural slection.

    same way people look at the universe. they believe it should be ordered and balanced



    If people place pressure on themselves to be 100% sane or healthy and they "crack" then it was the incorrectly perceived pressure (which would fall under the definition of insanity) that lead to them cracking, not being 100% sane or healthy because if they were 100% sane/healthy they would not have cracked!
    i hink u may b right on this 1



    Those festivals cannot be said to be healthy if the people are engaging in unhealthy acts (assuming this is what you mean by madness, otherwise it wouldn't be madness). How can doing something unhealthy be healthy?
    my point was that insanity or madness isnt necessarily always unhealthy. sometimes its good to let out ur frustration


    NON-IGS

  3. #18
    ...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Within the ALL...
    Age
    34
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    but balance depends on the idea of imbalance. if someone knows what balance is then theyll know what imbalance is. how can you understand 1 without understanding the other.

    im not saying that insanity and sanity balance with eachother. they dont. but they depend on eachother because if you know 1 you know the other.
    Just because your understanding of either of these two concepts (sanity and insanity) depend on your understanding of it's "oppostite" does not mean that "sanity" as an actual real "thing" depends at all on "insanity". You're confusing your understanding of reality with reality itself. I suspect this is because you believe that reality is completely subjective.

    Your original statement was that "sanity depends on insanity". Which is not true. An intellectual understanding of sanity as a concept depends on having also an intellectual understanding of insanity as a concept.

    Whether or not you have an intellectual understanding of sanity has no bearing on sanity as a reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    i think my vie on the universe is very different from yours.
    I'd say so. Which means we may not get very far in this conversation, but it's interesting none the less.

    Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    i dont think that things balance out or that they make the universe ordered.

    i dont think the universe reaches a complete balanced state.

    i think this is an illusion people see. a good example is evolution. its a chaotic event but it looks like it has order cuz every animal seems to be so complex that an inventor must have created them with a set orderly plan and that these animals couldnt have came from such a chaotic thing as natural slection.

    same way people look at the universe. they believe it should be ordered and balanced
    Things are ordered though. It's what makes them "things". A true understanding of chaos can only be one of complete chaos. You cannot have a little bit of chaos or 80% chaos etc. either it's chaos or it isn't. The Universe will allow there to be an element of disorder, but even then the intelligence and capacity of the universe to adapt merges that disorder into the cosmic plan.

    You say people believe that it should be ordered when it is ordered. It is objectively observable.

    or·der/ˈôrdər/


    Noun:The arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.


    This is all that that is seen in the universe. Order.

    If you don't think that there is an intelligence behind this order, fine, but there is order.

    Assuming macroevolution is a viable theory on the order of things (I would say it has to many holes for that to be so) how is it a chaotic event? How can you say it is a chaotic event but "looks like it has order". Which one is it? How do you decide which one it is? Do you live your life assuming your senses are incorrect simply because they are not always 100% accurate?

    Peace.

    Req Em Ab



  4. #19
    Non Ignorant Math Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post
    Just because your understanding of either of these two concepts (sanity and insanity) depend on your understanding of it's "oppostite" does not mean that "sanity" as an actual real "thing" depends at all on "insanity". You're confusing your understanding of reality with reality itself. I suspect this is because you believe that reality is completely subjective.

    Your original statement was that "sanity depends on insanity". Which is not true. An intellectual understanding of sanity as a concept depends on having also an intellectual understanding of insanity as a concept.

    Whether or not you have an intellectual understanding of sanity has no bearing on sanity as a reality.
    yes i do believe reality is completely subjective. ur view on reality seems more kantian.

    mine is more like schopenhauer/nietzsche

    u call sanity a "thing" but how do we know this "thing" we know it through our own senses or our own subjective means.

    how can u possibly know "sanity" as an objective "thing". u cant. its impossible. u can only understand what it means personally to you. therefore to argue about "objective sanity" cant be done. its an impossible task.

    how can u know "objective reality"

    I'd say so. Which means we may not get very far in this conversation, but it's interesting none the less.
    true



    Things are ordered though. It's what makes them "things". A true understanding of chaos can only be one of complete chaos. You cannot have a little bit of chaos or 80% chaos etc. either it's chaos or it isn't. The Universe will allow there to be an element of disorder, but even then the intelligence and capacity of the universe to adapt merges that disorder into the cosmic plan.

    You say people believe that it should be ordered when it is ordered. It is objectively observable.

    or·der/ˈôrdər/


    Noun:The arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.


    This is all that that is seen in the universe. Order.

    If you don't think that there is an intelligence behind this order, fine, but there is order.

    Assuming macroevolution is a viable theory on the order of things (I would say it has to many holes for that to be so) how is it a chaotic event? How can you say it is a chaotic event but "looks like it has order". Which one is it? How do you decide which one it is? Do you live your life assuming your senses are incorrect simply because they are not always 100% accurate?

    Peace.
    u can measure chaos.

    if the sequence or pattern seen in a system is a coincidence is that system still said to be ordered?

    people believed they saw a completely orderly creation because animals were very complex and that it had to be done with a purpose in a perfect way.

    evolution isnt completely chaotic but it isnt as ordered as intelligent design because evolution has no set direction.

    i think nothing is real and that everything is imagined.

    also what if there was a mathematician so intelligent that he could see a sequence or pattern in every event.

    do you think that everything relative to this mathematician is a completely ordered system


    NON-IGS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •