once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evil Dead - Official Red Band Teaser Trailer 2013

full red band trailer just out, lookin forward to this!

Poet Of The Streets

Did quite a few fist pumps while watchin that trailer.

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

Just got back an hour ago from seeing this and I got to say, I'm quite impressed...shit loads of blood and gross shit and they stuck with the original story as much as possible. Watching this I sort of understand why they didn't bring back the ash character cuz nobody can do that character better than Bruce Campbell. not to mention it probably would've sucked major ass if they went that route. i didn't know that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell took part in producing this movie as well So it explains why it turned out better than I expected it to... Definitely a must see I dug that shit out of this flick. Rumor has it that Sam and Bruce are planning to do a fourth installment to the evil dead series.
    Last edited by JIGSAW45; 04-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.

"stuck with the original story as much as possible"

Not really, the whole "demon needs 5 souls" thing was made up entirely by the director. Lots of other things went south from the original, still good though. Cant wait for "Evil Dead II", "Army of Darkness II" & the Evil Dead film with Mia & Ash

.....yea i gotta go back n see the original again. Im a tad rusty,lol. But it was dope...I especially like how they placed items like the shotgun and chainsaw in there, the chick sawing her arm off and mia losing her hand n rockin the chainsaw in homage to the god ash. The mia n ash thing sounds pretty exciting, look forward to that.

Veteran Member

I'm not gonna see without Ash.

He's hilarious.

Veteran Member

Are you guys not sick of the unoriginal movies coming out though? A lot of things are either remakes of old movies or old cartoons/comics made into movies or something like that. It's sickening. Rarely is anything new being brought to the screen!

I was kinda hatin on it when i saw the trailer but it was cool as shit. But u got a good point...shit tons of remakes its like dudes got nu shit writers block.

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Are you guys not sick of the unoriginal movies coming out though? A lot of things are either remakes of old movies or old cartoons/comics made into movies or something like that. It's sickening. Rarely is anything new being brought to the screen!
    Well I'm sort of sick of unoriginal movies coming out; and trust me, I've seen loads of moves. I swear Hollywood is on such a downpoint, the only other movie I've seen recently that people say they liked is "The Call' and even that was somewhat disapointing.

We need less remakes, we need less sequels and we need more inspiration. Come on Writers, come up with something that entertains me.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW45 View Post
    Just got back an hour ago from seeing this and I got to say, I'm quite impressed...shit loads of blood and gross shit and they stuck with the original story as much as possible. Watching this I sort of understand why they didn't bring back the ash character cuz nobody can do that character better than Bruce Campbell. not to mention it probably would've sucked major ass if they went that route. i didn't know that Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell took part in producing this movie as well So it explains why it turned out better than I expected it to... Definitely a must see I dug that shit out of this flick. Rumor has it that Sam and Bruce are planning to do a fourth installment to the evil dead series.
    Sounds good, I'd forgot all about this tbh! Gonna see if I can check it out this weekend, totally agree about Ash too.