Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's "good kid m.A.A.d city"

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

MODERN DAY CLASSiC

i agree that this is as mediocre as My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Nowhere near kanyes magnum opus classic top 5 album of all time that shits on every other rappers life.

OG-18* WAT

No classic
    La Connoisseur Life

Quote Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
    Nowhere near kanyes magnum opus classic top 5 album of all time that shits on every other rappers life.
    Which kanye album to you is his best?

College Dropout was by far, far his best. He was actually good on there. Very good production (no one can front on him producing back in the day) and rapping was ok, not bad but nothing special

its a very gay album that makes kids that only listen to rap think they are listening to truly good music...

i also strongly suspect kendrick lamar is a homosexual rapper...

all his girl shit is narrative 3rd person story shit about a cpl lendrick is commenting on and he has a real gay flair... add that to the fact the gay rap don of the industry andre young dr.gay himself thought the kid was worth "investing" in

hes got one of the worst voices ive ever heard his sing songy shit is very gay his beats suck his buddies cant rap and his fans are half gay weenies that shower together and say ratchet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good kid fag city

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    First off. Don't merge this with any other kendrick thread because its a totally different take on the album and we all know most threads aint shit past the 1st page because of derailment.

So i got this album in the mail 2 days ago which brings me to my first point...

1. People who checked for individual tracks off this album before the entire thing dropped LOST!

People who waited like myself to hear it in its entirety (preferably after copping it) WON!

It obvious that this is an album you need to hear the whole way through especially the 1st 3 spins at least till you get familiar with the storyline.

2. Fuck waiting to call it a classic. This is classic to me and i have no doubt that this will be regarded as an important album 10 years from now by a great artist. This is genius not only beacause of the tracks but because of the little details in the story telling like how the beat from "Sherane" sneaks up on you after "poetic justice" to tell you were at the part of the story were the guys in hoodies are waiting to fuck with Kendrick. There are many more examples of similar great moments in the story telling.

3. I can't explain how glad i am that lady gaga (i feel stupid writing that cunt's name) wasn't on here. This would literally have lowered the album significantly for me. Phew, we dodged that bullet!

4. What does the m.A.A.d part in the title mean/stand for?

5. People who like this album and didnt cop should hang themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

good kid, m.A.A.d city is the greatest album this year to come out since R.A.P Music. nothing else will be able to touch it this year.

people who dont want to listen to King Kendrick, your loss.....

Black Hippy taking over

Last edited by Mcthuggin99; 11-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Wu Vatican

its got potential to be a classic depending on how it holds up. but it is good man, its that good that with time its possible. but its not sure thing.

just enjoy it.

bitch, dont kill my vibe is my shit tho. on some outkast/devin the dude shit.
    Last edited by whitey; 11-02-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

no gkmc is not a classic. a tribe called quest - the low end theory is classic, digable planets - blowout comb is classic, souls of mischief - 93 til infinity is classic, the pharcyde - bizarre ride ii the pharcyde is classic, eric b. & rakim - follow the leader is classic, lil b - i'm thraxx is classic, lil b - 6 kiss is classic. gkmc is above-average. not even the best major label debut of the year. that goes to future - pluto.

Last edited by spammy sosa; 11-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    3. I can't explain how glad i am that lady gaga (i feel stupid writing that cunt's name) wasn't on here. This would literally have lowered the album significantly for me. Phew, we dodged that bullet!
    Lady GaGa was supposed to be on the album?

Or are you just mentioning her because the album came out on an Interscope subsidiary?

Because yes, that would've sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Joey Bada$$'s 1999 mixtape shits on this
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by infinite vagina View Post
    no gkmc is not a classic. a tribe called quest - the low end theory is classic, digable planets - blowout comb is classic, souls of mischief - 93 til infinity is classic, the pharcyde - bizarre ride ii the pharcyde is classic, eric b. & rakim - follow the leader is classic, . gkmc is above-average. not even the best major label debut of the year.
    Edited a bit but I agree with infinite vagina, these are REAL classics.

I'm so glad we've got the genius here to tell us what music to listen to.