once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complex´s THE 100 GREATEST HIP-HOP BEATS OF ALL TIME

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Erebus View Post
    anybody who thinks Dre and Snoop's version of Deep Cover is better is lying to themselves........or is anti-Latino

It's hard to deny either, they're both classics. While I appreciate the lyrics on Dre and Snoop's version and grew up listening to that song, one of the greatest lyrical moments in the history of hip hop had to be this...

"Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
    that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily"

YOU KNOW, your jaw hit the floor the first time you heard that. YOU KNOW you rewound it fifty times. Don't front.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
    i think its a great list, they even throwed "showbiz & a.g.- next level (nyte time mix) " in it , so i have no problem with it.

I dare anyone to tell me a wack or not important beat on that list.
    my thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    it's hard to deny either, they're both classics. While i appreciate the lyrics on dre and snoop's version and grew up listening to that song, one of the greatest lyrical moments in the history of hip hop had to be this...

"dead in the middle of little italy little did we know
    that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily"

you know, your jaw hit the floor the first time you heard that. You know you rewound it fifty times. Don't front.
    indeed

THE REAL PCP

Niggas in Paris? Hahah, yeah anyway it's a decent list, not great by any means but pretty much what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Niggas in Paris? Hahah, yeah anyway it's a decent list, not great by any means but pretty much what I expected.
    like I said, it might not be what underground hip-hop fans listen at home, but you cant deny its importance.

100 is too many to go thru and what i saw was a bunch of classics mixed with new beats which will draw young readers, flawed. but its whatever, just another 'greatest of all time' list that falls short

the only really important beat I think is not on the list is "Cold As Ice" from MOP.

maybe also "Its All Good" from De La Soul.

wheres fu-gee-la???