once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Masta Killa - Selling My Soul [SNIPPETS]

"if the snippets play in correct order, PArt 2 sounds like 9th Wonder to me. and again if that all plays in series Math killed All Natural, thats shits crazy"

I think I figured out some of the problems in the snippets/tracklisting. Track 06 "Part II" is not produced by 9th Wonder at all, if you listen closely to it the beat is the same one used by Mathematics on Track 02 "Intro" only this track also happends to have Kurupt on it (from 2:35-3:01). Part II is a sequel to the Intro, so both are done by Mathematics & Kurupt is featured twice on the album. Also if were going by the snippets, no one has yet to hear Mathematic's last song on the album Track 16 "Wisdom" since they end at "Dirty Soul"

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "if the snippets play in correct order, PArt 2 sounds like 9th Wonder to me. and again if that all plays in series Math killed All Natural, thats shits crazy"

I think I figured out some of the problems in the snippets/tracklisting. Track 06 "Part II" is not produced by 9th Wonder at all, if you listen closely to it the beat is the same one used by Mathematics on Track 02 "Intro" only this track also happends to have Kurupt on it (from 2:35-3:01). Part II is a sequel to the Intro, so both are done by Mathematics & Kurupt is featured twice on the album. Also if were going by the snippets, no one has yet to hear Mathematic's last song on the album Track 16 "Wisdom" since they end at "Dirty Soul"
    I noticed this. Wisdom will probably be quite the gem, given it was withheld from the snippets.

I've loved what the Wu have done in the past couple years with their solo stuff. 2013 is going to be a great year and it's already started early with Wu-Block, Masta Killa is following it up with what could be some of his best solo work yet, Raekwon is announcing another project today, ANOTHER Ghost LP with Adrian Younge, Cappa has been killing all this features lately so i'm really looking forward to Eyrth Wynd and Fyre...

Shit it'd be so easy for all the generals to just get LP's ready and sit on them until Ghost or Rae put something nice out, then just release yours and cash in on the aftermath.

Havent listened to the snippets off this, is it sounding any good? I heard a song from it a while ago and it sounded fuckin shit. The box set looks dope though

Quote Originally Posted by MILHOUSE View Post
    Havent listened to the snippets off this, is it sounding any good? I heard a song from it a while ago and it sounded fuckin shit. The box set looks dope though
    I enjoyed most of what I heard, other than maybe 1 or 2 cuts.

Uey's Key Note Speaker is supposed to drop in early 2013 I believe. This next year could be great for Wu.

This is one of the reasons I have faith in LIR....MK's dedication to it

"Now, I’m not trying to make you wait too long before the other project, because it’s been so long. So within a time frame, if it feels right for Loyalty, it’ll be Loyalty. If not, it might be something else, but whatever it is, I’m gonna put my dedication into it to come as close as a CLASSIC album that I can produce."

This is one of the reasons I have faith in LIR....MK's dedication to it

"Now, Iím not trying to make you wait too long before the other project, because itís been so long. So within a time frame, if it feels right for Loyalty, itíll be Loyalty. If not, it might be something else, but whatever it is, Iím gonna put my dedication into it to come as close as a CLASSIC album that I can produce."

If the album is as good as Made In Brooklyn (don't know how it has been received, but it has nice cuts) then I'm happy.

This sounds real dope Masta Killa is better than ever, even that R&B joint "Divine Glory" sounds bangin. Lookin foward to this.

looking forward to gettin the deluxe set. i believe they ship out today

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    If the album is as good as Made In Brooklyn (don't know how it has been received, but it has nice cuts) then I'm happy.
    agreed.. "Made in Brooklyn" was generally not very well received on this forums, personally i thought it was very dope save for a few songs. i don't listen to snippets but judging from the singles i've heard and looking at the tracklist/producers, i have a feeling that this will be more "M.I.B."-esque than similiar to "No Said Date".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

got an email today

deluxe set aint shippin till the 20th.

dont let me down Killa

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post

good call, amazon has snips up and theres no Wisdom. gotta hear that Math brought the heat on his others
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Just got this on Itunes, LP is absolute fire. Don't skip on this! Best Wu-General LP since Only Built 2.

quick question then, does "Part 2" feature both Kurupt & MK or only Kurupt?