Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Thread: What Happened To The Middle Man?

  1. #61
    Be Seeing You hashashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    your examples failed. i don't consider plants and herbs that were freely available a commodity.

    if the groups who were good at hunting ate good and had their own pelts and was able to gather their own plants and herbs, what could a next man offer him? a next man that ain't good at hunting isn't gonna have pelts to trade.
    But one group may have known where to find certain plants/herbs that others didn't or were unable to get to. Just cos they grew wild doesn't mean it was a freely available commodity for everyone.

    As for the pelts, one group could have a very succesful period of hunting and had gathered excess of what they actually needed. Doesn't mean they would always be successful though. If there was times when food was scarse then they would have something to trade with if another group were doing well at that time..... or they could have just massacred the other group and took everything off them!

    None of us can say for certain

  2. #62
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    lol, I meant there wouldn't be arguments around the dinner table you dipshit! I don't think someone would be complaining cos they had to eat a different type of meat sometime. Do you really think they would be sitting there thinking

    'What's this shite? I really fancied a nice juicy buffalo steak tonight' lmao


    When it comes to the trading, maybe you're right about them fighting/killing for food from each other but on the other hand they could easily have traded, just cos there was no law enforcment/rules etc they could still have done trades. Maybe greed etc wasn't as prevalent as it is today

    no, because people never argue or fight over food. have you not seen all the brawls that break out at fast food places?
    Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 12-04-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  3. #63
    Be Seeing You hashashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I didn't think they talked, I thought they just grunted? Not everybody loves steak. Maybe some liked dodo bird better or some didn't like meat at all, so they stuck to plants.
    Maybe but I just don't really think they would have been as fussy as what people are today. With the abundance of different types of food, choice and availability that we have now I think peoples tastes/preferences are hugely different to what they would have been like. When food was scarce you probably would just be grateful for whatever you got to eat

  4. #64
    Be Seeing You hashashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    no, because people never argue or fight over food. have you not seen all the brawls that break out at fast food places?
    Thats what I'm trying to say though Trix, people fight over that shite these days but back then if food was scarce do you not think they would just be grateful for whatever was available?

  5. #65
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    But one group may have known where to find certain plants/herbs that others didn't or were unable to get to. Just cos they grew wild doesn't mean it was a freely available commodity for everyone.

    As for the pelts, one group could have a very succesful period of hunting and had gathered excess of what they actually needed. Doesn't mean they would always be successful though. If there was times when food was scarse then they would have something to trade with if another group were doing well at that time..... or they could have just massacred the other group and took everything off them!

    None of us can say for certain

    so, it's winter and there aren't many plants about, let alone any special ones, and they're not good at catching anything. what do they have to trade with?
    Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 12-04-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  6. #66
    Be Seeing You hashashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    so, it's winter and there aren't many plants about, let alone any special ones about. and they're not good at catching anything. what do they have to trade with?
    I don't know! What other types of things could be considered a commodity back then?

  7. #67
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    Maybe but I just don't really think they would have been as fussy as what people are today. With the abundance of different types of food, choice and availability that we have now I think peoples tastes/preferences are hugely different to what they would have been like. When food was scarce you probably would just be grateful for whatever you got to eat
    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    Thats what I'm trying to say though Trix, people fight over that shite these days but back then if food was scarce do you not think they would just be grateful for whatever was available?


    because people back then didn't have a preference of what type of food they liked?

    because people didn't mind going hungry back then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  8. #68
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    I don't know! What other types of things could be considered a commodity back then?


    you're the one who said they traded. you're the one that said they had a commodity to trade with. i'm asking you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  9. #69
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    giving how hard it is to hunt a buffalo, and with the added danger involved, what could a next man offer you in exchange for a bit of that juicy buffalo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  10. #70
    Be Seeing You hashashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    because people back then didn't have a preference of what type of food they liked?

    because people didn't mind going hungry back then?
    Maybe, but I really don't think it was anything like it is these days, remember how much people have developed since then. I think peoples tastes back then would have been a lot simpler back then

    They probably did mind about going hungry, thats why I'm saying I dont think they would be arguing about what was on the table, Of course some things might have tasted better than others but I think they would just be grateful to have food! Plus they were probably adapted to going for longer periods of not eating than what people are today

  11. #71
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,950
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  12. #72
    Be Seeing You hashashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    you're the one who said they traded. you're the one that said they had a commodity to trade with. i'm asking you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    giving how hard it is to hunt a buffalo, and with the added danger involved, what could a next man offer you in exchange for a bit of that juicy buffalo?
    Well I never claimed to be an expert, I'm just suggesting possibilities. Maybe they did just kill and take what they want from other groups but I don't think its impossible to believe that people could have traded things back then, I'd have to look into it some more and know about how they lived etc as to what type of things would be commodity

  13. #73
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    if one group was chasing a buffalo and the buffalo ran into another group's territory, does that mean the group that own that territory own the rights to that animal and take over from the first group?




    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    Maybe, but I really don't think it was anything like it is these days, remember how much people have developed since then. I think peoples tastes back then would have been a lot simpler back then

    They probably did mind about going hungry, thats why I'm saying I dont think they would be arguing about what was on the table, Of course some things might have tasted better than others but I think they would just be grateful to have food! Plus they were probably adapted to going for longer periods of not eating than what people are today

    people's tastes might have been simpler back then, they may have been able to go without food for longer periods but hunger is hunger. they would have eaten whatever they managed to come home with but they were short most days, they would have resented the other groups that were better off. if they were losing out to the same group all the time, there would have been bitter resentment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  14. #74
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    Well I never claimed to be an expert, I'm just suggesting possibilities. Maybe they did just kill and take what they want from other groups but I don't think its impossible to believe that people could have traded things back then, I'd have to look into it some more and know about how they lived etc as to what type of things would be commodity

    you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

  15. #75
    Wu Tang Clam Ol' Dirty Trixˣ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    G-Spot, PuNarnia
    Posts
    8,043
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    Maybe but I just don't really think they would have been as fussy as what people are today. With the abundance of different types of food, choice and availability that we have now I think peoples tastes/preferences are hugely different to what they would have been like. When food was scarce you probably would just be grateful for whatever you got to eat

    if their skills only allowed them to eat fruit and veg and perhaps rabbit. do you think they were happy to eat the same shit everyday? the same shit that doesn't really satisfy their hunger (say they had a big clan to feed).


    if they'd been trying to catch a buffalo for years, and year in year out they lose to the next group, it wouldn't matter at all they would just be happy they tried?
    Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 12-04-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

    Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

    Decipher, son.


    Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •