Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just got the new Streetlife

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

Default just got the new Streetlife

i completely forgot about streetlife's new release today...i was at a plan 9 music record store when i saw it and immediately picked it up. i'm on the second track so far...i'll post later with my conclusions...
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Default Re: just got the new Streetlife

Word??? I want to know if its dope.....I might cop it.

I'm picking up mine tomorrow.

im going to buy it the end of this week.

tell us what u think ballistic.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

excellent production is about the most favorable complement i can give to this album. streetlife disappointed me a bit here, offering his best mobb deep impersonation for the duration of the album. although still noticeably a cut above most MCs that infest our headphones with boastful nonsense, streetlife doesn't do much to separate himself from the rhyme-uttering masses, spewing recycled themes with a banality that will make even the most devoted Wu-Tang fan swoon. even more infuriating is the absence of even a semblance of a method man verse, despite the fact that the tracklisting suggests so by attractively placing the phrase "feat. Method Man" adjacent to no less than three songs. instead, we hear an uninspiring Mr. Meth in the background, occasionally repeating a couple of Streetlife's end rhymes. happily, Streetlife's flow is intact, meshing beautifully with the atmospheric production provided by allah mathematics, china black, inspectah deck, and hitman, among others. soul samples and loops reminescent of the Clan's golden days are rampant on Street Education, but Street's lyrics still leave something to be desired. it is not a hideous compilation by any means, but like a jackson 5 reunion without michael, one wishes it could've been embellished with a little more.

i'll give it a 6/10.

hard times...i'm kinda bummed, cause it's what i expected...

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

i wasn't sure what to expect, but i know that i have been far more impressed with streetlife's work in the past than i was with street education.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic
    excellent production is about the most favorable complement i can give to this album. streetlife disappointed me a bit here, offering his best mobb deep impersonation for the duration of the album. although still noticeably a cut above most MCs that infest our headphones with boastful nonsense, streetlife doesn't do much to separate himself from the rhyme-uttering masses, spewing recycled themes with a banality that will make even the most devoted Wu-Tang fan swoon. even more infuriating is the absence of even a semblance of a method man verse, despite the fact that the tracklisting suggests so by attractively placing the phrase "feat. Method Man" adjacent to no less than three songs. instead, we hear an uninspiring Mr. Meth in the background, occasionally repeating a couple of Streetlife's end rhymes. happily, Streetlife's flow is intact, meshing beautifully with the atmospheric production provided by allah mathematics, china black, inspectah deck, and hitman, among others. soul samples and loops reminescent of the Clan's golden days are rampant on Street Education, but Street's lyrics still leave something to be desired. it is not a hideous compilation by any means, but like a jackson 5 reunion without michael, one wishes it could've been embellished with a little more.

i'll give it a 6/10.
    6 out of 10?! Damn, i guess I'm holding off on this one. Or I'll aquire it in other ways.

shit is pritty wack, i had it like almost 2 months ago (leaked)

i would upload it for every1 but we aint alowd to up shit here

i gotta see for myself

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

i wanna here it for myself
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

oviously it's the only way...i wish it miraculously ends up sounding EXACTLY like GRID IRON RAP!!! haha fuckkkkkkk

Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

well check it out for yourself anyway, this is just my opinion. the beats are pretty nice, if nothing else...

Damn I love Street, but I haven't picked it up yet because I'm worried it'll end up wack. Ahhhh!!