once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin'' Anniversary: 50 Cent's Debut Album Turns 10

  1. #16
    meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I never like this one. I don't consider it a classic and I don't care how much it sold, how much commercial success or radio hits it had. PIMP?!

    In '03 I was bumping Total Eclipse, the ownerz, RIP THE JACKER, The Listening, Build & Destroy

  2. #17
    Infinite Content spammy sosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Everything Now Corp
    Posts
    2,078
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    omg i was listening to rip the jacker in 2003 too!



  3. #18
    DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NEW JERUSALEM
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14,209
    Rep Power
    91

    Default

    WHILE U FAGGITS HAD THAT ON REPEAT I WAS BUMPING DIVINE DESIGN


    & THE OWNERZ


    CANT FORGET ABOUT LITTLE BROTHA


  4. #19
    Infinite Content spammy sosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Everything Now Corp
    Posts
    2,078
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    what about britney spears




  5. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    DETROIT
    Posts
    3,310
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I repeat, you're fucking gay as hell if you think anything put out by 50 cent, be it a song or verse, is actually good. he's just a notch above Diddy and Soulja Boy when it comes to the destruction of hip-hop

  6. #21
    Veteran Member TheFunkyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMSTERDAMN!
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    ^
    maybe this will change your mind:



    Nas killed that one tho

  7. #22
    Infinite Content spammy sosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Everything Now Corp
    Posts
    2,078
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    I repeat, you're fucking gay as hell if you think anything put out by 50 cent, be it a song or verse, is actually good. he's just a notch above Diddy and Soulja Boy when it comes to the destruction of hip-hop
    so what kind of party music did you listen to in 2003?



  8. #23
    The Master of Equilibrium Origin™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,100
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    I repeat, you're fucking gay as hell if you think anything put out by 50 cent, be it a song or verse, is actually good. he's just a notch above Diddy and Soulja Boy when it comes to the destruction of hip-hop

    Where is this so called destruction of HipHop?

    drama queens..

    Commercial aspect of HipHop music may have changed vastly over the last few decades..

    but all this hiphop is dead, "Destruction of hiphop" is a crock of shit.

    Same artists that were dropping heat in the 90s are dropping heat today.

    Stop looking for your music on the radio and MTV

  9. #24

    Default

    i remember this shit came out when i was 11 or 12... and i simply hated it cuz it was the most mainstream shit out... at the time older cats was puttin me onto golden era shit and all that..... but this shit is actually above decent ... beats are fire and 50s rappin iis tolerable ..... id give it a 6.5/10

  10. #25
    Hungry Hyena From Medina SL33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,157
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I don't have a special opinion about this album. Nobody can deny its classic status. I like 50 Cent as a bussinessman more than a rapper.

    He did make a formula for upcoming albums, as mentioned above.




  11. #26
    PRODIGAL SUN sickdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    35
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airwolf91 View Post
    i remember this shit came out when i was 11 or 12... and i simply hated it cuz it was the most mainstream shit out... at the time older cats was puttin me onto golden era shit and all that..... but this shit is actually above decent ... beats are fire and 50s rappin iis tolerable ..... id give it a 6.5/10

    usually at this age your dumb head cant hate on mainstream, maybe your older brother hated it, so u hate it to. at this age 50cent must be your super hero along with eminem (not hatin on em, never was a fan, but his is ok). so dont lie.

  12. #27
    PRODIGAL SUN sickdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    35
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    I don't have a special opinion about this album. Nobody can deny its classic status. I like 50 Cent as a bussinessman more than a rapper.

    He did make a formula for upcoming albums, as mentioned above.

    formula ? buissinessman ? nigga would be broke as a fuck and not interesting to any one if not Dre and Em.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    usually at this age your dumb head cant hate on mainstream, maybe your older brother hated it, so u hate it to. at this age 50cent must be your super hero along with eminem (not hatin on em, never was a fan, but his is ok). so dont lie.
    ur an idiot... its gona really affect me to lie about corny shit from ages ago .... are u 50s homie or sumthin? when uve heard alot of other shit pre grodt ..wu shit and alot of wild ny rap as a kid that strikes u harder than mainstream... and i did mention older heads put me on

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    usually at this age your dumb head cant hate on mainstream, maybe your older brother hated it, so u hate it to. at this age 50cent must be your super hero along with eminem (not hatin on em, never was a fan, but his is ok). so dont lie.
    Usually but not necessarily, i was 13 when 50cent came out and i wasn't into it, i knew all the singles and other stuff that was on mtv including eminem, but at that time i was listening to

    this



    and

    this



    i liked in da club, where the hood at and other anthems back then but never listened to them at home only through tv and i didn't knew the game back then and didn't realize the importance of mainstream exposure, i was thinking that rap should be strictly underground and dark.

  15. #30

    Default

    It is a great album. Maybe a classic. But certainly has not aged as well as most classic albums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •