once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin'' Anniversary: 50 Cent's Debut Album Turns 10

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

I never like this one. I don't consider it a classic and I don't care how much it sold, how much commercial success or radio hits it had. PIMP?!

In '03 I was bumping Total Eclipse, the ownerz, RIP THE JACKER, The Listening, Build & Destroy

omg i was listening to rip the jacker in 2003 too!

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

WHILE U FAGGITS HAD THAT ON REPEAT I WAS BUMPING DIVINE DESIGN

& THE OWNERZ

CANT FORGET ABOUT LITTLE BROTHA

what about britney spears

Banned

I repeat, you're fucking gay as hell if you think anything put out by 50 cent, be it a song or verse, is actually good. he's just a notch above Diddy and Soulja Boy when it comes to the destruction of hip-hop

^
    maybe this will change your mind:

Nas killed that one tho

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    I repeat, you're fucking gay as hell if you think anything put out by 50 cent, be it a song or verse, is actually good. he's just a notch above Diddy and Soulja Boy when it comes to the destruction of hip-hop
    so what kind of party music did you listen to in 2003?

The Master of Equilibrium Origin™'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post

Where is this so called destruction of HipHop?

drama queens..

Commercial aspect of HipHop music may have changed vastly over the last few decades..

but all this hiphop is dead, "Destruction of hiphop" is a crock of shit.

Same artists that were dropping heat in the 90s are dropping heat today.

Stop looking for your music on the radio and MTV

i remember this shit came out when i was 11 or 12... and i simply hated it cuz it was the most mainstream shit out... at the time older cats was puttin me onto golden era shit and all that..... but this shit is actually above decent ... beats are fire and 50s rappin iis tolerable ..... id give it a 6.5/10

I don't have a special opinion about this album. Nobody can deny its classic status. I like 50 Cent as a bussinessman more than a rapper.

He did make a formula for upcoming albums, as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf91 View Post
    i remember this shit came out when i was 11 or 12... and i simply hated it cuz it was the most mainstream shit out... at the time older cats was puttin me onto golden era shit and all that..... but this shit is actually above decent ... beats are fire and 50s rappin iis tolerable ..... id give it a 6.5/10

usually at this age your dumb head cant hate on mainstream, maybe your older brother hated it, so u hate it to. at this age 50cent must be your super hero along with eminem (not hatin on em, never was a fan, but his is ok). so dont lie.

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    I don't have a special opinion about this album. Nobody can deny its classic status. I like 50 Cent as a bussinessman more than a rapper.

He did make a formula for upcoming albums, as mentioned above.

formula ? buissinessman ? nigga would be broke as a fuck and not interesting to any one if not Dre and Em.

Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    usually at this age your dumb head cant hate on mainstream, maybe your older brother hated it, so u hate it to. at this age 50cent must be your super hero along with eminem (not hatin on em, never was a fan, but his is ok). so dont lie.
    ur an idiot... its gona really affect me to lie about corny shit from ages ago .... are u 50s homie or sumthin? when uve heard alot of other shit pre grodt ..wu shit and alot of wild ny rap as a kid that strikes u harder than mainstream... and i did mention older heads put me on

Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    Usually but not necessarily, i was 13 when 50cent came out and i wasn't into it, i knew all the singles and other stuff that was on mtv including eminem, but at that time i was listening to

this

and

this

i liked in da club, where the hood at and other anthems back then but never listened to them at home only through tv and i didn't knew the game back then and didn't realize the importance of mainstream exposure, i was thinking that rap should be strictly underground and dark.

It is a great album. Maybe a classic. But certainly has not aged as well as most classic albums.