once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Top 5 Wu-Fam Albums?

  1. #16
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,507
    Rep Power
    105

    Default

    Wait....why hasn't anyone mentioned the most classic wu Killa flea album of all time

    Dlah-deja wu?

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Wait....why hasn't anyone mentioned the most classic wu Killa flea album of all time

    Dlah-deja wu?
    never heard of it.............





















    so i did a google search






















    doubt it's any good

  3. #18
    El Don of this shit TAURO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the minds of women everywhere
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,382
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VallKano View Post

    doubt it's any good
    Ya Think?

    LOL



    "I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

  4. #19

  5. #20
    PRODIGAL SUN soob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Końskie, Poland
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,302
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Moongod Allah is Wu-Fan Fiction
    Moongod is better than 95% of Wu-Fam.

    Dlah ain't even close to Wu. He's fake as fuck
    He tried to diss Cilva

    "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

  6. #21
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,353
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Moongod is better than 95% of Wu-Fam.

  7. #22
    The Legacy starts now ZUPPO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Parts unknown
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Solo, no groups:

    1. Heavy Mental
    2. Freedom of Speech
    3. Grandday Flow
    4. Return Of the Prodigal Sun
    5. The Great Migration


    If adding groups roll out the bottom 3 to add these.

    Killarmy, Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars
    SOM , The Last Shall be First
    Gravediggaz, The Pick, The Sickle and The Shovel


    I say Cappa is General. Some say he's not but The Pillage is great.

    No where to run to, no where to hide. Its the kid from the other side. "ZUPPO" World Wide!

  8. #23

    Default

    all for different reasons, I wouldn't count Cappadonna, Wu-Syndicate, King Just, Shyheim or Gravediggaz. only the 2nd lp was a Wu-Tang project. the 3rd had just 2 members and the 1st was really a prince paul project.

    cappa is more Wu-Tang Clan than he is Wu Fam. bronze, wisemen, cilva, moongod are more wu fan than they are wu fam. bk zu was dirty's crew, icewater was rae's and theodore was ghost's. (does anyone count hillside scramblers?) if shyheim, king just, gp wu, shaolin soldiers, camouflage large, et al are wu fam, then so is half of staten island.

    I think wu fam is a million times smaller than wu-international would have you believe. sunz, killarmy, timbo, 12, &street
    Last edited by Sparrow Daene; 02-27-2013 at 06:05 PM.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Moongod Allah is Wu-Fan Fiction
    holy shit this is perfect! 1,000,000 points

    it's also why I could never really get into that cilvaring album. sorry, nerds.

  10. #25
    Wu-Tang Martial Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Heaven or hell.....
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    all for different reasons, I wouldn't count Cappadonna, Wu-Syndicate, King Just, Shyheim or Gravediggaz. only the 2nd lp was a Wu-Tang project. the 3rd had just 2 members and the 1st was really a prince paul project.

    cappa is more Wu-Tang Clan than he is Wu Fam. bronze, wisemen, cilva, moongod are more wu fan than they are wu fam. bk zu was dirty's crew, icewater was rae's and theodore was ghost's. (does anyone count hillside scramblers?) if shyheim, king just, gp wu, shaolin soldiers, camouflage large, et al are wu fam, then so is half of staten island.

    I think wu fam is a million times smaller than wu-international would have you believe. sunz, killarmy, timbo, 12, &street
    This is true man its like half the time I don't even know who is true Wu-fam and who isnt......Are dudes like Bronze Nazareth, Kevlaar 7, King Just, the Wisemen, Darkim Be Allah, GP Wu, and Moongod really true Wu Fam?? I don't know....

    The groups/people who I know are ACTUAL Wu-fam are Killarmy, Sunz of Man, Gravediggaz, Timbo King, Brooklyn Zu, Theodore Unit, Icewater, Streetlife, etc bc they are ALL CO-SIGNED by actual Generals.....

    Just because Bronze had a few beats on Birth of A Prince 10 years ago doesn't really make him true Wu-fam...
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"


  11. #26

    Default

    see with gravediggaz though, it was just a one-off kind of thing. like prince paul's next project. but then it got popular and fans screamed for more, the label saw dollar signs and got them to do another. but since it was never meant to be a real group - just the team assembled for paul's horror-themed project - he wasn't involved in the next album. it was right after Forever and during Wu-Tang's peak, so naturally it was put in rza's hands, so rza and his team handled most of the production. so I think the picksickle and shovel is a Wu album by a non Wu group. does that make sense? like Charli Baltimore's stand up is a Wu-Tang song by a non Wu-Tang artist.

  12. #27

    Default

    I don't know though. raekwon cosigns jd era, but he's definitely not wu. I think of icewater (the group, not the label, theodore, house gang, etc) more like a business expansion and nothing beyond that

  13. #28

    Default

    and to go one further, black market militia would be a non wutang group made of (mostly) wutang artists

  14. #29
    Wu-Tang Martial Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Heaven or hell.....
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    see with gravediggaz though, it was just a one-off kind of thing. like prince paul's next project. but then it got popular and fans screamed for more, the label saw dollar signs and got them to do another. but since it was never meant to be a real group - just the team assembled for paul's horror-themed project - he wasn't involved in the next album. it was right after Forever and during Wu-Tang's peak, so naturally it was put in rza's hands, so rza and his team handled most of the production. so I think the picksickle and shovel is a Wu album by a non Wu group. does that make sense? like Charli Baltimore's stand up is a Wu-Tang song by a non Wu-Tang artist.
    I consider The Pick, The Sickle and The Shovel true Wu because it had all RZA or Wu Elements production and it also had Wu fam and general guest appearances.....

    What about popular Wu fam afilliates like Bronze, Kevlaar 7, The Wisemen, Wu syndicate, Darkim Be Allah, etc all those dudes....I mean are they true Wu?

    Pop Da Brown Hornet is Ghost's cousin but do you consider his solo album Wu?
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"


  15. #30

    Default

    I wouldn't, no.

    any of those guys connected to bronze naz are not wu - most of the clan aren't even aware of them like that. they sound like wu and might buy a few wu features etc but they don't count. to other people they might tho

    am I crazy, or is some of that d lah mixtape kinda nice ? I don't know what the joke is about him but the songs I heard were alright

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •