Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: The cross

  1. #16
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    O-Block
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Translations.

  2. #17
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post


    This mentality is popular in certain circles, not all. Sex and violence. Animal nature. I think we heard of some "people" who lived like this, but it did not turn out right for them in the long run!
    it's popular culture - not just a few circles

    it's the american way - and america has influencedand fooled the whole world.

    every one wants to be macho and this isn't limited to just men




    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    "people" who lived like this, but it did not turn out right for them in the long run!

    - but it's not turning out right for anyone

    most are blind to just how wrong it is -

    it turns out way worst for those who mean well
    Last edited by LORD NOSE; 02-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.

  3. #18
    ...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Within the ALL...
    Age
    33
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    17

    Default


    Odin hung from the World's Tree


    Moses and the caduceus


    Christ on the Cross


    Ixion on the Solar Wheel


    The Sun God in the middle of the Solar Wheel

    The Tree and the Cross are the same symbol.

    The only problem is those who wear it thinking that some external savior is going to make their wrong-doings vanish (until of course they do wrong again). If they use that symbol to remind themselves of the constant journey of the Self to uphold Truth then more power to them. It IS a symbol of sacrifice like Sunny said, one must take up their cross daily, that is walk the path of Truth, and again like Sunny said people will throw stones at you for doing that because it shines the light of Truth back in their face.

    Req Em Ab



  4. #19
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    but also - those who chose to walk that path are expected to be perfect - if they sneeze, they could be burned at the stake

    people expect these men to never fall down and scrape their knees - Muhammad Ali is still the champ even though he doesn't fight any more



  5. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    O-Block
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Great points.

  6. #21
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Maybe you did not pay attention to what I wrote. A cross is used to nail people to it and hold them there til they pass away. Where is the "sovereignty, holiness, justice, goodness, lovingkindness, mercy, and graciousness" in that????? If you see goodness in that, then there's a problem with the way you see.

    Is a man being punished for the sins of others fair? What if humans punished some for the crimes of others. Does this sound like justice to you?????
    in God's justice, holiness, and goodness he exacted punishment for sin by crushing Christ(isaiah 53).

    God's love, mercy and grace is for his elect people who are sinners destined for holiness, whom Christ in their place, took the punishment for their sins.

    by this method God displays all these characteristics. God's holiness, justice, and goodness is displayed in punishing sin and his love, mercy, and grace is displayed in taking the punishment for the sins of man.

    the cross is the symbol of the mercy of God for those will receive his mercy.
    Last edited by THE W; 02-21-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  7. #22
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    how does one "partake in jesus' flesh and blood" ?
    by abiding in Christ by obeying his law.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  8. #23
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    by abiding in Christ by obeying his law.

    his law is Gods law - he didn't come here to change that, but to be it

    New International Version (©1984)
    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.




    they give out wine and hard bread chips that look like casino coins at church instead of obeying the law - throughout the bible, the law is exclusively for the children of israel and not the gentiles -







    when you have a people masquerading as "the choosen people of god", and establishing then promoting that as truth, you'll have the majority of earths population being used and abused by said people -





    these used and abused people will then begin to feel and act unworthy.

    perhaps these used and abused people really are the choosen people of god and those who are pretending to be, are really the satan written about who fooled the whole world into believing they were god

  9. #24
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon View Post


    The Sun God in the middle of the Solar Wheel

    how did these symbols of spliced animals and humans come about ?


    can't really come from connecting stars/suns with lines to outline the shapes of these creatures

    that shit is really strange - today i'm seeing astrology as a bigger deal than we as people thought it was - it's just so misunderstood. and like everything else sacred, it's been made complex and technical to mislead and discourage


    " Associations made with the astrological sign Pisces have shaped centuries of mythology, including the story of Christ. "
    Last edited by LORD NOSE; 02-22-2013 at 12:11 AM.

  10. #25
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post

    God's love, mercy and grace is for his elect people who are sinners destined for holiness,




    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post





    perhaps these used and abused people really are the choosen people of god and those who are pretending to be,
    are really the satan written about who fooled the whole world into believing they were god


    i say he connected jew and gentile by sharing his blood and flesh

    and that the cross is also the symbol of beast and man connected

  11. #26
    ...born of a future war Face of the Golden Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Within the ALL...
    Age
    33
    Posts
    758
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    how did these symbols of spliced animals and humans come about ?
    Good question. From my understanding it was through an understanding of the archetypal forces that influence mans psyche. These archetypes are reflected all through out the universe. From the movement of the heavenly bodies to the 7 visable colors of the light spectrum.

    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    can't really come from connecting stars/suns with lines to outline the shapes of these creatures

    that shit is really strange - today i'm seeing astrology as a bigger deal than we as people thought it was - it's just so misunderstood. and like everything else sacred, it's been made complex and technical to mislead and discourage


    " Associations made with the astrological sign Pisces have shaped centuries of mythology, including the story of Christ. "

    Req Em Ab



  12. #27
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    his law is Gods law - he didn't come here to change that, but to be it

    New International Version (©1984)
    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.




    they give out wine and hard bread chips that look like casino coins at church instead of obeying the law - throughout the bible, the law is exclusively for the children of israel and not the gentiles -







    when you have a people masquerading as "the choosen people of god", and establishing then promoting that as truth, you'll have the majority of earths population being used and abused by said people -





    these used and abused people will then begin to feel and act unworthy.

    perhaps these used and abused people really are the choosen people of god and those who are pretending to be, are really the satan written about who fooled the whole world into believing they were god
    you are correct in saying that Christ's law of love is the fulfillment of the law.

    gentiles were also included in israel. israel symbolizes God's chosen people not by biology, but by promise.

    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NASB

    its for this same reason that Jesus is regarded as the son of David.

    also

    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NASB
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  13. #28
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    i say he connected jew and gentile by sharing his blood and flesh

    and that the cross is also the symbol of beast and man connected
    Christ's sacrifice was for those whom God the Father gave to The Son to be raised up to eternal life.

    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...0&version=NASB



    and Christ's salvific work had nothing to do with animals.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  14. #29
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Originally Posted by LORD NOSE
    and that the cross is also the symbol of beast and man connected






    and Christ's salvific work had nothing to do with animals.






    i was more on to why this is


  15. #30
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,093
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    and......







    Upright being man

    flatline being beast


    or man in his god state vs man at his lowest, in his lowest form due to the choices he makes knowingly or not

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •