View Poll Results: Has Priest done it again?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

30 44.12%
  • Superior

18 26.47%
  • Banger

15 22.06%
  • Average

4 5.88%
  • Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 1.47%
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest - The Psychic World of Walter Reed (Official Thread)

So, I should listen to the album and then do a thread about what?

I seriously think most of you people are beyond help. Reading comprehension is something you learn in elementary school, and I find it fascinating, how low of a percentage on here actually has that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

heart to heart

well for a start you said the"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonna do something I've never done before...

I'm gonna review this as I'm listening live for the first time...

without sitting on the songs you did somthing your not really skilled in you said it your self now that you listen to the pwowr you should do a fair one thats all im saying. one

I thought u were complaining or something. I'm not hating this album at all, in fact just the opposite, and yes, I will rewrite a review later.
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Yea, I'm gonna need a little more time on this one. I'm still digesting it all. I mean, he has entire songs on here that are quotable.

CORNED BEEF CUNT

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I thought u were complaining or something. I'm not hating this album at all, in fact just the opposite, and yes, I will rewrite a review later.
    ahh nigga quit bullshittin...u been hatin since this album came out...talkin bout "disc 2 aint all that" and "its too much filler"...now u wanna dick ride?

Ok. First of all, the use of the phrase "ain't all that" has never been uttered by me in the 34+ trips around the Sun, because A). I'm not a old black woman, and B). I didn't watch Nickelodeon in the 90's.

You have misquoted and taken what I said out of context, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post

I'm gonna have to give this album some thought and smoke on it some more. One thing that stands out to me, was that it was looking like another Wu-atang Forever after the first disc, but disc 2 failed to live up to the first. It may just be too much. I feel like condensing it would have produced a sure fire classic. As it is, this is pretty good.
    I said disc two wasn't as good as the first, that's all. And if you look here at this poll, in which YOU voted, you seem to agree with me,

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/pol...ts&pollid=5672

Finally, I said there is some filler, which is to be expected from an album of 41 tracks. I never said there was "too much" filler.

Does anybody could post the lyrics of "Currents Of Events" ? Priest drops an amazing story of it, but my English is still not good nuff to hear all of these words !

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I've read most of the comments here.

I listened to this album and honestly I was not impressed. It doesnt sound like the producers collaborated with Priest.

Tracks are hit or miss.

My issue is with Priests delivery/cadence and how he structures his rhymes with several tracks on this album.

As I was listening I felt something was off and after listening to other albums by Priest and various other artists I returned to this album and realised it was the way Priest was delivering his rhymes/bars.

IMO Great artists have the ability to have their voice and rhymes add to and compliment the overall production/music. And their rhymes are usual indictitive of the music. (I.E. Ominous sounding beats are complimented by ominous lyrics, which adds atmosphere to a song - for example see Carefull, Click Click - Wutang, Thug is a Drug - Mos Def.)

On several tracks Priest delivery doesnt compliment the music, his rhymes seem to be competing with the music for the listeners ear.

Priest sounds like he isn't feeling/emoting what he's rhyming.

Other times it just seems like Priest is just rhyming with no regard to the beat.

I didnt notice and emphasis in his rhymes (I.E. No pause to emphasize words No change of voice during delivery.)

This album has a lot to digest. I am still listening. I do however like

Listen To Me
    Salute
    Fire Stone
    The Park
    Lotus Flower
    Energy Work

Theres more but I cant think of them because the track "Music of the Spheres" is so fucking aweful I was scratching my head as to what he was trying to accomplish. The Beat is chopped and edited as if the engineer/producer was'nt paid or just didnt give a shit so they pushed this out trying to be original and different. It doesnt work.

Before everyone starts to bash me remember this is just my opinion.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying.

On several tracks Priest delivery doesnt compliment the music, his rhymes seem to be competing with the music for the listeners ear.

This I completely agree with.

I actually do think there is a lot of emotion in these tracks, I just don't think Priest goes out of his way to emphasize those emotions. Remember, we live in an emotionally dead society, and displaying emotion simply isn't cool.

Music of the Spheres has great lyrics and an abhorrent beat. It could have been a classic.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Shits still incredible to me

Devotion of the Saints
    New Reality
    Lotus Flower
    L Thianine
    Think Priest
    Salute
    Peace God
    The Winged People
    Shadow Landz

are all on constant repeat

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Spheres could have been great but the Rza didnt get a hold of it to make it work.

"I actually do think there is a lot of emotion in these tracks"

I agree. There are tracks with some emotion, but those are the exception.

"Remember, we live in an emotionally dead society, and displaying emotion simply isn't cool. "

^ If Priest took that and used it as the concept for this album It would have been better. His lyrics are deep. If he had that concept then went in with his lyrics I believe the album would have had a better cohesiveness.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

I would give this a perfect rating after a week of listening there are of tracks (Super God, Lord Marduk) that are out of place but this is an astonishing record

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

TONITE WE RIDE IS A BANGER UP THIS VERSION WHERE ITS PRIEST DOIN THE HOOK SO I CAN DELETE THE ALBUMS HORRIBLE VERSIoN
    Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 03-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.

its hit and miss but the tracks that work are nuggets of genius.

i kind of know what bens saying, but imo thats just the way priest always sounds, slightly offbeat. less rhythmic and more spoken word.