once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: Has Priest done it again?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

30 44.12%
  • Superior

18 26.47%
  • Banger

15 22.06%
  • Average

4 5.88%
  • Mediocre

0 0%
  • Wack

1 1.47%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Killah Priest - The Psychic World of Walter Reed (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    This album makes me wish Killah Priest never fell asleep while MK did Mystery of Chessboxin'. Can you imagine if he was the 9th member? No offense to MK but nobody would doubt Wu-Tang was not only the best hip-hop act of all time, but any genre of music. No offense to the Beatles....
    Ladies and gentlemen....the best comment on this thread thus far? YES I THINK SO

I never realised people here regarded KP so highly, i just figured most people thought Heavy Mental was classic and that's about it. I better listen to this album i guess.

Disc 1 is dense.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

After letting this soak in for almost two weeks, I have come to four conclusions.
    1. Not better than Heavy mental in any way, beats, lyrics, flow
    2. I might've put this over the offering if this were one disc. MIGHT'VE .
    3. This is neck and neck with black August, I would give this the edge due to the fact that this is a double disc.
    4. 1. Heavy Mental 2. The Offering 3. The PWOWR 4. Black August 5. Elizabeth 6. Behind the Stained Glass. 7. Priesthood 8. View From Masada

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

^ I'm in agreement with that list

though I'd say this is very close to The Offering... for me its Heavy Mental/The Offering/PWOWR at the top and then everything else far down below

mainly because we get everything Priest has to offer on here: gigantic stomping battle tracks, zoned out cosmic trips, his signature accapella poetics, Wu bangers, intricately-crafted storytelling, conspiracy Da Vinci Code shit

all of it in abundance.... there's really nothing lacking here

some of the beats I'm not crazy about but they perfectly fit the theme he's going for right from the beginning, a kind of electro-cosmic mystical trip

I really don't see after multiple listens, how you can put the Offering over this. It's really like a beefed up version of the Offering. I'm actually astonished Hollow, that you immediately wanted to call this a classic, and now you're backing off the gas, whereas I wasn't ready to call it a classic, but after several listens and digesting the lyrics, I'm damn close to calling it one. I even don't think Super God or Nazareth are that bad anymore. It's lines like this that are the reason:

"I told him light travels faster than sound, that's why you appeared brighter before you spoke."
    Last edited by beautifulcock; 03-07-2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

heart to heart

^^^ and traveling a space car going faster than the speed of light.. But then he turns his headlights on.....crazy ..my vote
    classic

Wow.

My jaw is dropping listening to "New Reality"

fucking wow.

just...WOW
    Smoking trees EVERY day baby

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

It's lines like this that are the reason:

"I told him light travels faster than sound, that's why you appeared brighter before you spoke."

That line stuck out to me the second he said it.

Okay guys, I just got my copy in the mail, but I already own a digital version of the album. What I'm wondering is, do you guys think I should open this or do you think a sealed copy of this CD will be worth something someday?

There's not anything overly cool in the album is there? (like a poster or something)

Oy vey
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Epic album. Masterclass. This album gets better with time. The more I listen the more I appreciate and uncover the hiidden mystery and genius to this album. Now I'm addicted to Tower(The visitors) track. The music of the spheres track is ridiculously sick. The track was meant to be totally offbeat. Dope

Last edited by money4life; 03-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I guess you can nod off beat to it to^

Oy vey
    Seriously though, do you think it'll be worth anything? Are the lyrics included in the CD?

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

^my primary concern would be whether the sound quality is better with the physical cd instead of the format you downloaded
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"