Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated hip hop albums? Most underrated hip hop albums?

Quote Originally Posted by jayrob View Post
    overated --heltah skeltah nocturnal
    underated --da bush babees ambushed
    how is Nocturnal an overrated album? Since when is it widely talked about and praised apart from by backpacker nerds?

I mean, your taste is horrible, considering it's obviously a classic and probably the best BCC related album - but calling it overrated is objectively stupid also.
    Last edited by rat fakerman; 03-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.

overated-obfcl2
    ilmatic

underrated -roots of evil
    untitled

Second Roots of Evil... lyrically it is one of the best albums I've heard and the beats are pretty solid Hell On Earth type cinematic mafia bangers.

^Hmm, I love RD personally. The production is timeless and Jay-Z was friggin hungry! I think Jay's most overrated is definitely the Black Album.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

Jay-Z's Blueprint is overrated. Lot of great tracks but I skip a few songs.

Three 6 Mafia's first album, Mystic Stylez, is very underrated. So is UGK's Dirty Money.
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

^yep, great album. Dirty Money also.

Quote Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
    Jay-Z's Blueprint is overrated. Lot of great tracks but I skip a few songs.

Three 6 Mafia's first album, Mystic Stylez, is very underrated. So is UGK's Dirty Money.
    I'm curious, what songs do you skip?

I've been meaning to get Dirty Money. Is it actually near the level of "Ridin Dirty"? Is it as good as "UndergroundKingz"?

DAS EfX's Hold It Down is definately underrated

^Good call on that one.

I'd also say ATCQ's "Beats Rhymes and Life" is also pretty underrated. That was their darkest effort imo (on a lyrical level)

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    I'm curious, what songs do you skip?

I've been meaning to get Dirty Money. Is it actually near the level of "Ridin Dirty"? Is it as good as "UndergroundKingz"?
    Well first, I'll always be a bigger Nas fan. I got this when it came out, same with Illmatic, this was when they were throwin shots at eachother so there's that. I remember people arguing who was better for the longest time. Jigga that Nigga and Hola Hovito were the main ones I skipped. Just didn't like them. I know it'll sound biased but I didn't like Takeover either. Didn't feel the beat and the parts goin 'LAAMMMMEEE' were pretty weak to me. Renegade is only good for Eminem's part. Even Royce da 5'9 out did Jay on the original version. Not a classic at all or crazy good like people say it is, he's had better albums.

Dirty Money is the shit all the way through. I think this and Ridin Dirty are their best two cd's. It's underrated to me because It's 5 years after Ridin Dirty, no one really checked for it and it's a hard hitting album nonstop. They got some reggae soundin shit with Gipp from Goodie Mob, storytellin' with Devin the Dude, Like a Pimp with Three 6 got some cool lil scratches, the ups and downs of cash flow on the title track and let's not forget Wood Wheel. Probably my favorite track by UGK period.
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

Quote Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
    Well first, I'll always be a bigger Nas fan. I got this when it came out, same with Illmatic, this was when they were throwin shots at eachother so there's that. I remember people arguing who was better for the longest time. Jigga that Nigga and Hola Hovito were the main ones I skipped. Just didn't like them. I know it'll sound biased but I didn't like Takeover either. Didn't feel the beat and the parts goin 'LAAMMMMEEE' were pretty weak to me. Renegade is only good for Eminem's part. Even Royce da 5'9 out did Jay on the original version. Not a classic at all or crazy good like people say it is, he's had better albums.

Dirty Money is the shit all the way through. I think this and Ridin Dirty are their best two cd's. It's underrated to me because It's 5 years after Ridin Dirty, no one really checked for it and it's a hard hitting album nonstop. They got some reggae soundin shit with Gipp from Goodie Mob, storytellin' with Devin the Dude, Like a Pimp with Three 6 got some cool lil scratches, the ups and downs of cash flow on the title track and let's not forget Wood Wheel. Probably my favorite track by UGK period.
    Fair enough bro, but I LOVE that Takeover beat. Sampling The Doors' "Five To One" was pure genius! It's hard hitting and aggressive like a diss track should be.

Cool, I'll definitely have to check out "Dirty Money" then.

Non Ignorant Math Team

is there a difference between underrated and not recognised?

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    is there a difference between underrated and not recognised?
    Not really.

Non Ignorant Math Team

what if something doesnt get much attention but the people who do listen to it rate it very highly

NON-IGS