Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times do you listen to an album?

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

It depends on the album.

Usually a week of non stop playing gives me a good indication if I like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    I listened to old Wu albums 80+ times at least

Aesop Rock's Labor Days is a good album indeed. I like his abstract lyrics. What does a lyrical play mean though, does it even exist?

I listen to an album as long as it entertains me, sometimes 3 times other times 20+ times. It depends on the quality and the longevity.
    this

like I've heard Fantastic Volume 2 like 300 times, same for Wu Forever, Moment of Truth

I'll put one of those on any morning and be happy, it'd be too hard to count

but to take an album that I copped and wasn't enamored with but enjoyed, I liked Saigon's Greatest Story Never Told (1), and heard it probably ten times. Certain songs off it many times that.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    It depends on the album.

Usually a week of non stop playing gives me a good indication if I like it or not.
    So in that week of focused playing, do you listen to solely that album, or do you intersperse it with other albums?

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

depends on what i am in the mood for

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    So in that week of focused playing, do you listen to solely that album, or do you intersperse it with other albums?

That depends.
    For instance the album PWOWR I listened to it non stop the entire week. Something about it was off to me and I could not place it, so I listened to other albums that weekend and then came back to the PWOWR and was able to pinpoint what I thought was off.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    That depends.
    For instance the album PWOWR I listened to it non stop the entire week. Something about it was off to me and I could not place it, so I listened to other albums that weekend and then came back to the PWOWR and was able to pinpoint what I thought was off.
    Which disc did you like better Master Pai?

How can someone know how many times they have listened to an album? Ive had 36 Chambers and the like since i was 13 and ive heard them fuckin loads of times fuck knows if its hundreds or thousands.

I dont listen to an albums as many times nowadays as i did when i was younger. Back then i didnt have fuck all money so the little that i did have went on 1 album and id listen to that shit over and over again, wheras now i have the coin ta buy a few and i dont have as much time to listen to them over and over again.

If an album doesnt hit me after 5-6 listens or has wack fuckin beats then i am not listening to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    this

like I've heard Fantastic Volume 2 like 300 times, same for Wu Forever, Moment of Truth

I'll put one of those on any morning and be happy, it'd be too hard to count

but to take an album that I copped and wasn't enamored with but enjoyed, I liked Saigon's Greatest Story Never Told (1), and heard it probably ten times. Certain songs off it many times that.
    Damn, that's a lot of Fantastic Vol. 2 plays. Album truly has the most incredible beats. I'm glad they did a reissue in 2010 with instrumentals. I like SV raps, but they are clearly not as good as Wu-Tang for example. I'm listening to the instrumentals for months now. Definitely didn't listen to it as much as you, but the instrumental version will get there haha.

everyone in sv was real nice on the mic man. they spit about real world stuff

t3 baatin elzhi jd

such underrated mcs

those guys just make me happy when they spit on the right beat

i've prob heard instrumentals like 50 times too lol
    Non Ignorants

RIP

If a producer uses heartbeats instead of kicks you know he's the greatest.

Ridin' On Trichomes soul controller's Avatar
    Chillin on sesame street puffin a 10th letter

i dont know how many times ive listened to say G&E or the takeover, or G&E vol 2.. or heroes...

i use to have those cd's/playlists on repeat all day.. in my car, in my house.. and i made sure friends had copies.. lulz..

countless times.. i still listen to them

Quote Originally Posted by SPAMELA YAMDERSON View Post
    i dont know how many times ive listened to say G&E or the takeover, or G&E vol 2.. or heroes...

i use to have those cd's/playlists on repeat all day.. in my car, in my house.. and i made sure friends had copies.. lulz..

countless times.. i still listen to them
    lol, I wish I had friends who made sure I had the latest and greatest albums haha

i wouldnt say latest and greatest,

i use to pick tunes that i thought they would like.. (a few liked the old wu.. but they was never into them like me)

i dont do latest anymore.. i just stick to the latest albums by the artists i like.. lol

out the wu albums. i think heavy mental is my most played album..(without skipping any tracks)

I'd hate to re-preach it, but the mp3-era has killed the value of music (for me at least). I feel incredibly guilty in never supporting some artists that I listen to frequently or periodically. The only thing I'm grateful for with the mp3-era is the fact that I'm not ruining/scratching CDs since I was never good at taking care of them. None of my purchases of CDs in the 90s have survived or seen the light of day in years. I would purchase almost ever wu and wu-related release and play them for months on end. For me and I assume for most of you, these releases were fairly solid all the way though to listen to. Now, it's hard for me to find more than 3 tracks on a release that will make the ipod and the rest of the album is discarded. I listened to the Demigodz album once through (and I use the term listen loosely, as the beats made me skip most tracks) and I probably won't ever revisit it because it wasn't memorable. Even with different genres, like the last couple Neil Young albums, I only found 1-2 tracks that I liked. As an artist, he's pretty vocal about the mp3-era, even on some of his tracks, yet I still can't see the point in purchasing the albums even though I should for listening to it.

Listening to an album for it's entirety regularly is few and far between these days.

^^ i actually prefer it, ive listened to albums of artists, that i would have never got the chance too, then bought their entire catalogues(most of living legends, no emotion/reef)

I've not wasted cash on old ganxta/im a g type braggadocios time childish shit, as none of them shits is any good., so i listen then delete. usually before the end of the 1st spin