once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Did u know ( in regards to rza and canibus)

  1. #1
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,756
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Did u know ( in regards to rza and canibus)

    RZA had offered Canibus a slot as a WU-Tang Killa Bee but would have had to wait in line behind the individual Clan members, Sunz of Man, KillArmy, etc prior to his album release.

    (from a convo between Kp, canibus and m eighty)
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 03-16-2013 at 09:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    DETROIT
    Posts
    3,310
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I always wondered why wu tang didn't recruit more well known mcs. I would've gotten everyone from ras kass to sean price

  3. #3

    Default

    Interesting...

    When I'm writing in my room







    It's like a child that's fighting in the womb


    - KP -

  4. #4
    PRODIGAL SUN soob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Końskie, Poland
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Very nteresting... thanks
    I think it would've been good to have Canibus in Wu in 90s

    "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    I always wondered why wu tang didn't recruit more well known mcs. I would've gotten everyone from ras kass to sean price
    Probably because they already had too much talent.
    "When it come to this ish here/y'all about to sit there/soon to rock thaat robe, crouched in a big chair/studded up crown with 40-below wrist wear/prove y'all clowns couldn't uf wit the flow, this here"

  6. #6
    Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    24
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Wow.

  7. #7

    Default

    So did he turn it down based on the fact he wanted to release an album sooner rather than later?

    When I'm writing in my room







    It's like a child that's fighting in the womb


    - KP -

  8. #8
    Peace CT
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I remember seeing in a hip hop magazine back in the days the article about the Canibus n Wu parking lot battle. Obviously dont remember it word for word cuz this was late 90s. I just remember it said it was in a club parking lot n Canibus was spitting. I know it said RZA was there with Clan members and affiliates. N Canibus was on fire until Killah Priest silenced him. Woulda been nice to be a fly on the wall. Peace

  9. #9
    Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1344 Queens Blvd. (with my parents)
    Posts
    16,742
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    RZA had offered Canibus a slot as a WU-Tang Killa Bee but would have had to wait in line behind the individual Clan members, Sunz of Man, KillArmy, etc prior to his album release.

    (from a convo between Kp, canibus and m eighty)




    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...78#post2174578






  10. #10

    Default

    Glad this never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  11. #11
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,370
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    I remember seeing in a hip hop magazine back in the days the article about the Canibus n Wu parking lot battle. Obviously dont remember it word for word cuz this was late 90s. I just remember it said it was in a club parking lot n Canibus was spitting. I know it said RZA was there with Clan members and affiliates. N Canibus was on fire until Killah Priest silenced him. Woulda been nice to be a fly on the wall. Peace
    Basically 9th Prince and a few others got Ate up by Canibus and his squad T.H.E.M.... correct me if i'm wrong...i know someone has a better story description than myself

  12. #12
    Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    24
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Basically 9th Prince and a few others got Ate up by Canibus and his squad T.H.E.M.... correct me if i'm wrong...i know someone has a better story description than myself
    T.H.E.M. (Duo) = Canibus and Webb

    I am not sure which Wu-Tang members/ affiliates were involved but the story goes...

    http://www.wutangcorp.de/forum/showp...0&postcount=15

  13. #13
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,370
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laolu View Post
    T.H.E.M. (Duo) = Canibus and Webb

    I am not sure which Wu-Tang members/ affiliates were involved but the story goes...

    http://www.wutangcorp.de/forum/showp...0&postcount=15
    LOL. exactly. 9th Prince mentioned this battle in one of his track so i'm guessing he was there too. Graveyard probably could correct me if i'm wrong.

  14. #14
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,756
    Rep Power
    108

    Default

    What happened was...the whole clan and some affiliates were battling bis and his dude ,yes that's true and them dudes took out everyone until priest who bodied them..afterwards..rza approached him with the offer under that condition

  15. #15

    Default



    I remember when me and Killah Priest battled Canibus in Atlanta after a party
    Rae and RZA Was loving it hardbody

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •