once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah: “Let Me Make A Wu-Tang Album”

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Compared to Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams production was legendary.
    Did you think Iron Flag sounded too commercial.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

8 Diagrams was recorded in 36 Chambers in Manhattan. No emailed verses. All the generals came in to record their verses. RZA handled production. A lot of weed in the air.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    Ghost is basically saying that he wants to pick the beats for the album, and I think he might have the best ear for beats of all the generals. but there's only one mc whose ear for beats I trust...

I want vinnie to pick ALL the beats for the next wu tang album, just not rap in them
    Logout.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    The best thing that could happen is for all the generals, 4th Disciple, and some Killa bees like Priest to all meet up and convene in Staten Island or Manhattan, and hit up 36 Chambers studios or The Hit Factory, lock themselves in there for a month or two, and just bang out a classic album.

No bitches, no distractions, no label people.....just music.....

We of course know that ain't gonna happen.

RZA's Hollywood ass will probably record that shit in LA with Dr. Dre and Game......lol
    You're still talking this shit....not happening kill yourself

Compared to Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams production was legendary.
    Of course to euro/overseas niggas haha, iron flag the beat is better than 8 diagrams itself

"No emailed verses. All the generals came in to record their verses"

Like how RZA reused lyrics copying/pasting old verses from Deck, MK & GZA on "Unpredictable", "Windmill" & "Face The Problems"? Yeah uh huh

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post

THEN AGAIN.

RZA is the Exec Producer on 12 Reasons To Die
    OF COURSE HES GONNA WIN WITH EXEC PRODUCING A YOUNG, THATS LIKE EXEC PRODUCING WIT ALCHEMIST OR PRiMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Of course to euro/overseas niggas haha, iron flag the beat is better than 8 diagrams itself
    Iron Flag is dope, but the beat is nothing special. Lol if you think that beat was better than Rushing Elephants. Stop talking about beats man, Swizz is one of your favs. You don't know a single thing about programming beats. Your eardrum is weak so you don't hear what's dope and what's not. Iron Flag drumbreak has been used a million times. What's special about that? I see Ghost' dick is still in your mouth.

8 DIAPHRAMS MAKES THE W SOUND LIKE ILLMATiC

>>>> 8 DIAGRAMS

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO AKA HEAT View Post
    8 DIAPHRAMS MAKES THE W SOUND LIKE ILLMATiC
    Beat is good, rhymes are ill, but I'd take any 8 Diagrams beat over this any day.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    >>>> 8 DIAGRAMS
    True this beat is dope. And then it goes down hill for the rest of the album.

8 Diagrams CD >>>>> Iron Flag CD

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    Beat is good, rhymes are ill, but I'd take any 8 Diagrams beat over this any day.
    THIS IS WHY YOUR A SOFT FOREIGNER

INSTEAD OF A EASTCOAST OG

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Iron Flag is dope, but the beat is nothing special. Lol if you think that beat was better than Rushing Elephants. Stop talking about beats man, Swizz is one of your favs. You don't know a single thing about programming beats. Your eardrum is weak so you don't hear what's dope and what's not. Iron Flag drumbreak has been used a million times. What's special about that? I see Ghost' dick is still in your mouth.

Lol you're still mad about me sonning you constantly. I didn't even attack you this time. So what if swizz is one of my favorites, so is alc, rza, 4th, fat Jon, Chris devoe, tommy Guerrero, nujabes....lol haha you're mad. Iron flag beat is grimey wu shit nigga, rushing elephants loop gets tired out by the time gza comes in, Rae bodied the track. That switching the beat up every time masta killah came in got boring. Album is for hippies. Exactly why you like it. Haha go sit in the corner until dark matter drops hahahahahahahahahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    True this beat is dope. And then it goes down hill for the rest of the album.

8 Diagrams CD >>>>> Iron Flag CD
    This nigga is an rza troll. Digi snax was a classic right? Lmao

People...call in 4th disciple when in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    seriously?
    Very seriously. This discussion and hearing the Hollow Bones beat made me want to hear the fantastic Campire Fire beat right now!

Be bumping 8D in the whip in a minute! Looking forward to it with great anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Lol you're still mad about me sonning you constantly. I didn't even attack you this time. So what if swizz is one of my favorites, so is alc, rza, 4th, fat Jon, Chris devoe, tommy Guerrero, nujabes....lol haha you're mad. Iron flag beat is grimey wu shit nigga, rushing elephants loop gets tired out by the time gza comes in, Rae bodied the track. That switching the beat up every time masta killah came in got boring. Album is for hippies. Exactly why you like it. Haha go sit in the corner until dark matter drops hahahahahahahahahaha!!
    Sonning me constantly.. yeah yeah. I'm pretty sure it was you who replied to my message with the very strong "euros-argument". I am not mad. In my opinion 8 Diagrams has far better production than Iron Flag. How does that make me a hippy? Iron Flag is grimey shit? Rushing Elephants is too real for you. I didn't even compare the rapping and yet again you start about GZA. To be honest GZA destroyed that both lyrically and his flow was on point. You can't say he was performing lazy there. But to get back to the point - I said the production was a lot better and I feel like Iron Flag is a bunch of tracks thrown together.

That's probably the weirdest list I have ever seen. I will give you probs for having producers like Nujabes and Fat Jon on there though.

I won't sit in the corner until Dark Matter comes out. I get what you are trying to do, very predictable, by the time it gets released you will say: "I told y'all", even though everyone pretty much expected it. I will say this once again since you don't understand: I have no expectations of Dark Matter. I expect him to rap with no energy since that's what he's been doing heavily the last couple of years. Don't spam me with this shit when it arrives.

Last but not least:

WE CRITICIZE PRODUCERS TILL THEY JOINTS ARE RIGHT, THEN ACUPUNCTURE THE TRACKS WITH PINPOINTS OF LIGHT. HITTING THEM FROM WELL CONCEILED FIRING POSITIONS WITH EXPLOSIVENESS THAT'LL MAKE THE DEAF LISTEN.