Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah: “Let Me Make A Wu-Tang Album”

i agree that GZA, while a founder and legend in the game, needs to have his shit under the same scrutiny that Uey or any of the others would. Cap needs to check his bars, energy is no prob but his lyrics need a bump at times

bottom line is, they can put out another 9/10 album if they want to. its just a matter of timing of willingness
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

they were all in the studio for 8 Diagrams, maybe not all together at the same time but RZA recorded all their vocals. nothing emailed. i was there helping a friend shoot a Bodog EPK in mid-June 2007. meth/rza/deck/uey/killa all were there recording. didn't see raekwon but my friend shot him the following evening.

After listening to Wu-Block I am confident Ghost could make a new Wu album for less than $20.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Ghost will never stop bitching about 8 Diagrams. .
    ONLY EURO FAGGiTS LIKE 8 DIAPHRAMs

GHOSTFACE>>

Quote Originally Posted by V1LLAIN View Post
    8 Diagrams, I couldn’t stand it ‘cause I know us, and then I know my man [RZA] even more,” he says. “I’m like, ‘Yo, how could you give our fucking people that?’ Now you had people that said, ‘Oh no, I liked it.’ That might be the ‘yes men’ niggas.

Ghost also said that he feels that the Wu needs to return to sampling in order to provide the best possible sound for the fans, something that RZA opposed with the last LP. While he maintains his love for his partner-in-rhyme, he says RZA may need to take a backseat role if it guarantees the album will meet its expectations.

This man speaks the honest TRUTH.

GOD BLESS GHOSTFACE.
    I DONT SEE WHY THE WU DOnT FORCE PUNK ASS RZA TO DO SAMPLES AGAiN,

IM SURE ON HIS WORST DAY HIS SAMPLED BEATS WOULD MURDER EVERYoNE

BUT I BELIEVE HE LOST HIS DARK VISION AND IS NOW FULL BLOWN HOLLYWOOD QUEER

Quote Originally Posted by WuBizzie View Post
    When Ghost is talking about sampling he's talking about the old school soul and R&B Rza used to sample to make those ill tracks back in the days. Not the live instrumentation shit RZA been on lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The best albums were executive produced by rza. you can look at ghost's catalog to see this.

i don't want a ghost produced album. keep rza on board. do what you guys did for your first 3 group albums.
    YEA RZA IS STILL THE RZA FROM THE FIRST 3 ALBUMS
    Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 03-22-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The best albums were executive produced by rza. you can look at ghost's catalog to see this.

i don't want a ghost produced album. keep rza on board. do what you guys did for your first 3 group albums. just show up for your studio session. don't be emailing verses. lock yourselves in the studio until it's complete. if everyone is together in the same spot, their is cohesiveness. yes rza will be making the final decisions, but with 8 other people there, rza can get feedback and come to a decision.
    This ^^^

Ghost is cool and all and a monster on the mic, but what makes Wu-Tang is RZA's magic touch on the production. Everybody knows that, even Ghost.
    Comme les anges ŕ l'śil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    This ^^^
    YOU AND ART ARE TWO FAGGiTS RZA ISNT THE GRIMEY CUBAN LINX RZA RECTAH ANY MORE U PUSSYS

THIS IS THE NEW RZA HES THROWS UP THUMBS UPS

EVEN THE WACKER BOBBY DIGITAL

IS BETTER THAN THE NEW RZA
    Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 03-22-2013 at 07:51 PM.

No artificial sleazy

Rofl RZA is pulling a Billy Mitchell

Ghost is talking about Exec producing, not literally being the person making beats...

Banned

Ghost is basically saying that he wants to pick the beats for the album, and I think he might have the best ear for beats of all the generals. but there's only one mc whose ear for beats I trust...

I want vinnie to pick ALL the beats for the next wu tang album, just not rap in them

Rza has a great ear for beats.

The issue is that 8 diagrams (good as it was) was not him trying to make a wu album. It was him trying to appeal to rock music critics.

And from what we've heard, hes repeating this mistake.

RZA has an ear for RZA's beats, his guitars and stuff are fine for his soundtracks and LP's but that's not the music that belongs on a Clan album.

Ghost also has delivered on projects over the past 10 years... some of them have been delayed but you can't argue the fact that Ghost has delivered 90% of the time. He's dropped like 13 projects over the last 13 years.

THEN AGAIN.

RZA is the Exec Producer on 12 Reasons To Die, and maybe he can dig himself out a bit with his beat decisions with this release (which i think will be classic). Then again (again) Adrian Younge could be 100%, musically, in charge of this release and RZA might end up getting more credit than he deserved because it's his label it's being put out on.

8diagrams dropped the same time with bigdoerehab...

be honest.. b.d.r. was bullshit next to 8diagrams and ghost puted more energy in that project than emailing 8diagrams verses...

i love 8 diagrams... in an other way than the other wu lps but no clan album sounds alike to another...

Compared to Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams production was legendary.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

The best thing that could happen is for all the generals, 4th Disciple, and some Killa bees like Priest to all meet up and convene in Staten Island or Manhattan, and hit up 36 Chambers studios or The Hit Factory, lock themselves in there for a month or two, and just bang out a classic album.

No bitches, no distractions, no label people.....just music.....

We of course know that ain't gonna happen.

RZA's Hollywood ass will probably record that shit in LA with Dr. Dre and Game......lol
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"