Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah: “Let Me Make A Wu-Tang Album”

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    Very seriously. This discussion and hearing the Hollow Bones beat made me want to hear the fantastic Campire Fire beat right now!

Be bumping 8D in the whip in a minute! Looking forward to it with great anticipation.

No artificial sleazy

LOL "the fantastic camp fire beat"

Peace CT

To my knowledge 8D was recorded as a group. There is some footage even on the DVD with the album. N I remember RZA saying the Clan was in studio for like a month or so while Ghost was only there for a week. Just because there were recycled verses doesnt mean RZA copy and pasted. Maybe they just re-used these verses. But in the end we dont know. I have always been a 8D fan and pretty sure I am not a Euro-fag. I feel if you dont like "Wolves" or "Windmill" then maybe Wu-Tang isnt for you. And yes they do need to be all together and locked in a studio to record this last album. Will it happen is a different story. Peace

HERES ANOTHER OPINION THATS GONNA ROCK EUROPE AUSSIE AND CANADAS WORLDS

BRING THE RUCKUS GHOST>>> SUPREME CLIENTEL MUMBO JUMBO

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO AKA HEAT View Post
    HERES ANOTHER OPINION THATS GONNA ROCK EUROPE AUSSIE AND CANADAS WORLDS

THANX I USED THAT PIC FOR A THREAD IN JOE BUDDENS FORUM CALLED " Durag Dynasty - 360 Waves (2013)"
    THIS WAS THE FIRST POST

No artificial sleazy

ahahahaa

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Sonning me constantly.. yeah yeah. I'm pretty sure it was you who replied to my message with the very strong "euros-argument". I am not mad. In my opinion 8 Diagrams has far better production than Iron Flag. How does that make me a hippy? Iron Flag is grimey shit? Rushing Elephants is too real for you. I didn't even compare the rapping and yet again you start about GZA. To be honest GZA destroyed that both lyrically and his flow was on point. You can't say he was performing lazy there. But to get back to the point - I said the production was a lot better and I feel like Iron Flag is a bunch of tracks thrown together.

That's probably the weirdest list I have ever seen. I will give you probs for having producers like Nujabes and Fat Jon on there though.

I won't sit in the corner until Dark Matter comes out. I get what you are trying to do, very predictable, by the time it gets released you will say: "I told y'all", even though everyone pretty much expected it. I will say this once again since you don't understand: I have no expectations of Dark Matter. I expect him to rap with no energy since that's what he's been doing heavily the last couple of years. Don't spam me with this shit when it arrives.

Last but not least:

WE CRITICIZE PRODUCERS TILL THEY JOINTS ARE RIGHT, THEN ACUPUNCTURE THE TRACKS WITH PINPOINTS OF LIGHT. HITTING THEM FROM WELL CONCEILED FIRING POSITIONS WITH EXPLOSIVENESS THAT'LL MAKE THE DEAF LISTEN.

Banned

I don't get how hard it is to pick a good beat (Vinnie Paz is still the best at it, don't deny it). give me a stack of 100 beat and I'll pick the best ones out of the bunch. RZA cannot be trusted with this duty anymore, he's lost it

BIG TWINS EAR FOR BEATS>>>>> VINNY PAz

Banned

on an unrelated note, did anybody see Topanga on the latest Maxim cover

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    being familiar with the original song that they sampled for hollowed bones, i think its an incredible beat and screams authentic wu tang sound. campire was meh....
    Campfire drums are more complex. I like The W more than 8D. 8 Diagrams did not have a beat like Gravel Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Campfire drums are more complex. I like The W more than 8D. 8 Diagrams did not have a beat like Gravel Pit.
    You're right, it didn't. But I don't think RZA was aiming for beats like that. I think he wanted more of an organic, mood-piece type record and 8 Diagrams is a great final product reflecting his vision, imo.

RZA was experimenting with 8 Diagrams and I respect him for going for the difficult road instead of sticking to the same formula. Most likely he knew people would criticize him for doing that. I hope RZA experiments with the next Wu album as well just to make you fans angry. If you want the old Wu-Tang sound back just listen to 36 Chambers.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

just listened to Campfire, track gives me the chills. 8D is the sounds much better than W or Iron Flag.