once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's face it - a 2013 Wu-Tang album isn't happening

Default Let's face it - a 2013 Wu-Tang album isn't happening

Ghostface is on tour for like the rest of the year.

RZA is doing all kinds of shit - landing acting roles on network television shows, gearing up to direct his next movies, as well as f-cking around with music....he has like three careers!

The other members are all working on their solo albums.

As a group, they'll be together at Coachella, and maybe they'll do some 20th anniversary concert in the fall, like AllHipHop rumored. But I don't see how they can do another album before the end of the year.

And even if they do...it's not going to be a great Wu-Tang album. ODB is dead. The experiment of adding someone "ODB-like" on group albums didn't work. Some members sound like shadows of their past selves. And the rest are past their prime. (except maybe U-God, who may have slightly improved.) Everyone's comfortable, and not hungry. Moreover, as a group, they don't seem to see eye to eye on any musical direction.

Some members want to move forward and let RZA take the reigns, though he's not the producer he once was. Others want to try to recreate the past, and make punch you in your face music about a life they haven't lived for 20 years.

Obviously Wu can still make quailty music, but there's no way these guys are going to put together an album this year, let's be real. And if they do, it's going to be another okay-to-good 8 Diagrams.

Yeah, hopefully not man.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    post nudes of your chin

Realistically, you're right. There's no way they can orchestrate all of these MCs getting together in a working environment and creative mood. Just won't happen, even if they were all free and not busy, it'd be difficult. (*cough*MethodMan*cough*)

Cappa just laid verses for the project yesterday which is in progress as we speak
    42E4GQ9rC90">42E4GQ9rC90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

https://soundcloud.com/graveyardshif...prod-by-king-h

^^^^^BREAKING IN 2017

Ghost and Cap already have laid down verses, and if you didnt notice Dirty was on 1 track on the past 3 albums. they proved on The W they can make a banger w/o him

will it be on the level of the first 3? prolly not, but they can pull off a 4 mic album in 2013. no doubt in my mind
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

its funny, I really love ODB and some of his tracks specialy on "return to the 36 chambers" and on Wu first LP " 36 chambers"

but I think my favorite Wu-Tang tracks are the ones wich he is not featured, like "Visionz", "Its Yourz" and "Deadly Melody" , "MGM", etc.

but like Raekwon said some time ago Wu-Tang lost his freedom when ODB passed away...

well..i have inside knowledge {if its not already publicly known} that they were already in the studio recording. Meth included

Some members sound like shadows of their past selves. And the rest are past their prime. (except maybe U-God, who may have slightly improved.) Everyone's comfortable, and not hungry. Moreover, as a group, they don't seem to see eye to eye on any musical direction.
    if they're just gonna mail one in just to say they made another album they can keep it.

they really dont need to anyway. they have enough classics.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

CORNED BEEF CUNT

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    well..i have inside knowledge {if its not already publicly known} that they were already in the studio recording. Meth included
    Exactly...This thing has been in the works for years. Look back at all the rza interviews from over year or two ago and youll see there have been plenty of hints dropped. Ghost and capp have already given there darts to rza and rza already has gold from u-god...If cilvaringz can cut and paste verses into an album than so can rza. The main thing we as fans should be worried about is the production.

Banned

how much you wanna bet the production in Cilva's album will be better than the Wu album?

I'm really not interested in hearing an album where they just email beats and verses back and forth. Wu needs the chemistry, they all need to be in the studio gettin' loose dropping verses IMO

Is there anyone out there who actually wants a new wu album at this point apart from a couple of dozen people on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    post nudes of your chin

If they actually put the time and work in, I'd love to hear a new Wu album.

Believe it or not..they have a huge following that exists outside the Internet smh
    42E4GQ9rC90">42E4GQ9rC90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

https://soundcloud.com/graveyardshif...prod-by-king-h

^^^^^BREAKING IN 2017

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    if they're just gonna mail one in just to say they made another album they can keep it.

they really dont need to anyway. they have enough classics.
    exactly this, if they're not going to put in the passion then keep that.

But if it's everyone trying to out rhyme one another on hot beats by adrian yongue, rza making some epic unheard-of shit , then sign me up jim