Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Wu-Tang album "A Better Tomorrow" dropping in July

This summer promises to see the first true Wu-Tang Clan album in six years.

The legendary nine-man collective Wu-Tang Clan have gone nearly six years without a true studio album. That appears to be changing this summer, as 8 Diagrams will no longer be the reported final album from the Staten Island-Brooklyn-and Bronx, New York representatives. The eight living members of the Wu are said to be releasing A Better Tomorrow in July. The effort comes 20 years after the classic debut album, Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), released on Loud/RCA Records.

HipHopNMore reported that a U.K. press release coinciding with overseas dates confirmed the title and anticipated release season.

Next wee, Ghostface Killah of the Clan, will release Twelve Reasons To Die, with producer Adrian Younge. The Soul Temple Records release is executive produced by RZA.

If this actually releases in the summer, I'll be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Staten Island-Brooklyn-and Bronx, New York representatives
    who in the Wu is from the Bronx?

this is great news cant wait for the album.
    N.I.

Not only is this announcement weird, this album is not dropping in June. GZA didn't even know about this. Ghostman (from House of Hiphop, tourmanager Raekwon, Method Man & Redman) confirmed GZA said this. I think we'll get more information soon.

^ yep!

Wu-Tang Clan are currently working on their upcoming album A Better Tomorrow, due for release in July 2013.
    it's just a quote from the press release, which has not been seen
    but there is no smoke without fire

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Not only is this announcement weird, this album is not dropping in June. GZA didn't even know about this. Ghostman (from House of Hiphop, tourmanager Raekwon, Method Man & Redman) confirmed GZA said this. I think we'll get more information soon.
    why would someone else's manager know what he said? GZA is not touring with any of those guys currently
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Maybe because he has connections with the Wu-Tang Clan? He asked GZA and he didn't even know. I could ask you the same. Why are you believing a leak from a press release without the generals confirming this. I'm sure there will be more info soon. Not one clanmember co-signed.

Maybe because he has connections with the Wu-Tang Clan? He asked GZA and he didn't even know. I could ask you the same. Why are you believing a leak from a press release without the generals confirming this. I'm sure there will be more info soon. Not one clanmember co-signed.
    Several members already confirmed that they laid down verses for a new Wu album (Ghost, Meth and Deck). An album is in the works, regardless if you believe this "press release" or not.

Where did I say that they weren't working on the album? I said the album won't be released in June (meant July, my mistake). I never said they weren't working on it and maybe the album name is real, but I can't take this announcement seriously. GZA doesn't know anything about it, that's not weird to you?

Wu Tang nigga that's wussup!

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

They should try and get 4th Disciple and Killah Priest up on the album.....they deserve it....esp since the album will be titled A Better Tomorrow supposedly, a track that 4th produced....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

CORNED BEEF CUNT

lol
    lol did lil b, drake post that?...Anyways Wu-Tang at there laziest is still better than 95% of the bullshit thats out now. Jus hope Rza doesnt try to do anything weird production wise. Id love it if he went back to his old style of production one last time, but i doubt it.... Still good news to hear anyway.
    Last edited by GhostlyRaes; 04-12-2013 at 05:38 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

lol at the subliminals, chamber music was nice, legendary weapons was a failure lets admit that

CORNED BEEF CUNT

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    They should try and get 4th Disciple and Killah Priest up on the album.....they deserve it....esp since the album will be titled A Better Tomorrow supposedly, a track that 4th produced....
    On that p.w.o.w.r. priest has a line where he says somethin bout "a better tomorow"(cant remember which song rite now)...maybe this shits been under wraps for a min.