Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is "Vol 1. In My Lifetime" underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The Blueprint is terrible even though i like The Takeover and Izzo(HOVA)songs and Blueprint 2 is worst LOL. I haven't heard Blueprint 3 and i'm sure it's terrible.

Yes, terrible trio of albums, with each being worse than it's predecessor

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post

Yes, terrible trio of albums, with each being worse than it's predecessor
    Blueprint was amazing, Blueprint 2 was aight, Blueprint 3 was pretty bad though (by Jay standards), I'll give you that.

-

LOL@Longbongcilvaringz posting a picture of Robert Deniro clapping hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Still don't understand why IML is so over looked within Jay's discography. Hell, Dynasty gets more love than IML!

-

Who cares why it's overlooked. If you and i like In My Lifetime, that's all that matters. I don't care about other people's opinion. In My Lifetime must not be overlooked because it sold a lot of copies. It may not have sold as much as his other albums but it's a good album and it's better than the shitty albums he did after that.

Who cares why it's overlooked. If you and i like In My Lifetime, that's all that matters. I don't care about other people's opinion. In My Lifetime must not be overlooked because it sold a lot of copies. It may not have sold as much as his other albums but it's a good album and it's better than the shitty albums he did after that.
    True that. What are your thoughts on Vol 3?

-

Is volume 3 The Life And Times Of Shawn Carter album that has the songs Do It Again and Big Pimpin? If that's the one, i didn't like that album. I liked a few songs. I thought it was odd that he did a collabo with UGK for Big Pimpin and i think the beat is wack because it's mainstream. I didn't think he liked UGK. I'm kinda surprised that he stopped collaborating with Foxy Brown. I think they made a good team because i like their collabo songs I'll Be, Ain't No Nigga, Sunshine. They also did a song called Paper Chase on his Hard Knock Life album that i didn't like and they did a song called Bonnie and Clyde on her Chyna Doll album. Foxy Brown used to be so cute and sexy. I've seen a couple of not too old interviews with her on Youtube and she doesn't look as hot as she used to be. I love her Ill Na Na and Chyna Doll album pictures. I still wanna fuck her LOL. I watched her in Firm Biz video with Nas and AZ yesterday on Youtube and she was looking good. I really like the scene when she's laying in the bed with money covered over her while she's naked.

Wait you thought Big Pimpin's beat was wack SIMPLY because it was mainstream? Personally, I think that beat was Timbalands best of ALL time. It's so catchy and intricate and the way Jay, Bun, and Pimp flow over it is impeccable. Jay actually loved UGK, UGK on the other hand weren't huge fans of Jay's work.

-

I could see UGK not liking Jay-Z's music hahahahahahahahahaha. I bet they were surprised when they got a phone call from him saying he wanted to do a collabo.

I could see UGK not liking Jay-Z's music hahahahahahahahahaha. I bet they were surprised when they got a phone call from him saying he wanted to do a collabo.
    Yeah they were! From the story I heard, Bun B didn't want to do it but Pimp C convinced him to. Pimp C saw the possibility in helping them break through the mainstream through working with Jay. And to be honest, he was right, that was the most popular song UGK was ever on and it did get people checking for them.

-

Bun B shouldn't have let Pimp C convince him to do Big Pimpin because the song sucks. I don't like the beat because it's too mainstream and UGK don't do mainstream songs.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Jay Z was better when he had the faster flow. Since then he always sounds like he's about to fall asleep.
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

Bun B shouldn't have let Pimp C convince him to do Big Pimpin because the song sucks. I don't like the beat because it's too mainstream and UGK don't do mainstream songs.
    UGK definitely tried a few times to hit the radio I think.

In My Lifetime has a lot of bangers but a few ultra wack songs as well. Jay Z's career took a fuckin serious nose dive after this album

most of the album is solid but the shitty crossover attempts make it seem worse.

he obviously got a lot better at crossover records after this album.