Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canibus-New Mind Control Album

85 %ER

Default Canibus-New Mind Control Album

I am a big Canibus fan and I haven't yet bought the new album "Mind Control" yet but sampled the tracks online and so far I feel a let down from this album, it's not Canibuses style, yeah the tracks Mind Control and 33 3's which were the singles sound just great but the rest of the album sounds rushed or either old unreleased material. Is there anybody that can shine some light on this?

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

Default Re: Canibus-New Mind Control Album

Yeah, I got it too...you have to consider that he basically came out of oblivion to announce there would be an album produced by Mark Sparks, who is NOT known for his work in Hip-Hop...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

85 %ER

Stoupe did the best production work for Canibus and Canibus should have stuck with him on this new album, Canibus and Stoupe already said that they are going to do a Rip the Jacker 2.

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

^^^^^Are you serious? DOPE!!!!!! The best thing about the first RTJ was that 'Bis recorded his vocals before he shipped out to Iraq, and Stoupe made the beats around them...you can kind of tell on "No Return"...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

Veteran Member

i might cop it, here the cover and list

in stores June 21, 2005

33 3's
    Canibus Man
    Atlanta
    Gybaotic
    In The Rain
    Mind Control
    Last Laugh
    Not 4 Play (feat. Kurupt)
    Stupid Producers
    Talk The Talk
    Nobody

Vote for Chamillionaire
    &
    CHECK OUT THE MESSAGE BOARD
    Music, Video, Women, for all registered users.

Another so-so release. I thought Canibus had it all figured out after Mic Club and RTJ. Those were 2 classic albums.

I actually spoke to Stoupe after a show in Santa Barbara (during the Living Legends tour) and he said he would "no doubt" work with Canibus again, although he hadn't spoken to him in about 2 years. I don't know if he was just being diplomatic (seemed like a really nice guy) or if there's any truth to it. I hope to God that he was being serious. Canibus needs this guy.

yea stoupe (enemy of mankind) did a good job on canibus' album, the production in Poet Lauerete II was beautiful

still standin tall

this shit sucks something serious, honestly its really terrible. if you havent heard it try hard not to because you will dissapointed. wait until hip hop for sale comes out

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

FRESH FISH

From what I've heard, "Mind Control" is just a bullshit album atempt with old songs finally being released commercially and some new mainstream songs that really weren't in the views of Canibus and that "Hip-Hop For Sale" will be the real Canibus album for the real fans. <--Heard lots of people saying that on the Canibus website forum.

P.E.A.C.E.
    Iron Fingaz "Revenge of the Iron Fingaz Part II" OUT NOW!!!!
    Iron Fingaz "Iron Fingaz of Death Part I" OUT NOW!!!!

Straight Outta PHX

I bought it today, but only flipped through it before work and it sounded pretty weak, music wise. He's doin' like crunk shit with 'Atlanta', whassup with that? He always goes off and on with tha shit, Can-I-Bus sucked, 2000 B.C. ruled, C True Hollywood Stories sucked, Mic Club and Rip The Jacker ruled, now he's back to shit, I seriously hope that Hip-Hop 4 Sale shit is way better.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

I heard its nice

Quote Originally Posted by bringoutthegimp
    this shit sucks something serious, honestly its really terrible. if you havent heard it try hard not to because you will dissapointed. wait until hip hop for sale comes out
    Yeah I feel the same way about this one. When I was younger I thought Canibus was amazing, then eventually I like grew out of it. I think his flow is constanly the same, and I'm gettin tried of these emcees gettin scientific words out of the dictionary just to use them. Bis has talent but he is washed up.

www.614hiphop.com - Columbus's lost and found for underground sound.
    You used to be fly but you crashed your plane.

LOL

Not 4 Play was recorded a long time ago, while he was in a group called The Four Horsemen that was made up of, Canibus, Rass Kass, Kurupt and Killa Priest himself on the one and only extreamly rare album The Hoursemen Project (which i have)....this albums FUCKIN SICK, the horsemen one i mean....ima bootleg that new canibus tho.....fo sho..Canibus wont mind..

Quote Originally Posted by CeeDub204
    Yeah I feel the same way about this one. When I was younger I thought Canibus was amazing, then eventually I like grew out of it. I think his flow is constanly the same, and I'm gettin tried of these emcees gettin scientific words out of the dictionary just to use them. Bis has talent but he is washed up.
    u judge to quickly, Canibus is smart man, u really think he grabs a dictionary to help him spit? nah man, he uses big words to explain or conver a complex point....hes what u call a lyricist more then a emcee,

IP RELAY OPERATOR R3beLuTionAry's Avatar

a canibus fan of mine bought it. he took it home and read some reviews on it. Despite bad reviews he said he opened his sealed copy. He said the first 2 tracks were cool until track 3 when it turned into a 3 6 mafia show.. lmao.