once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody heard Apollo Brown's "Brown Tape"?

I have the "Brown Tape", mine is white though. This shit right here is, dusty. Like boom-bap back from the tomb! Awesome, it has a Supreme feel with Apollo dropping Noir movie dialogue throughout. Capp's verse on The Center Of Attraction with Apollo's beat is just mind-tingly. I've banged it in my 02 Maxima's tape-deck for a straight week. Awesome story and the classic Wu sound that we all love. What a treat to have two totally different landscapes for Ghost's story. YOU MUST PLAY IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

They should put a lot more albums on cassette tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I have the "Brown Tape", mine is white though. This shit right here is, dusty. Like boom-bap back from the tomb! Awesome, it has a Supreme feel with Apollo dropping Noir movie dialogue throughout. Capp's verse on The Center Of Attraction with Apollo's beat is just mind-tingly. I've banged it in my 02 Maxima's tape-deck for a straight week. Awesome story and the classic Wu sound that we all love. What a treat to have two totally different landscapes for Ghost's story. YOU MUST PLAY IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
    Mine's white too. I can't listen to it due to the prehistoric format though!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Ammunition View Post
    Adrian Younge's record shop is right here in LA. I'll stop by tmrw, see if they have any more Apollo Brown cassettes and try to convert and upload it to mp3 format
    bless you for that, because it doesnt look like its coming anytime soon
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

I have a vynil record player that also has a tape deck and can convert to MP3. I was looking forward to using it but no luck.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Illest Killa Bee
    Bring back the essence...

I pre-ordered the deluxe from Soul Temple that comes with the cassette, but it hasn't even shipped yet.

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Also if somebody doesn't have a cassette player for some reason, it's not going to break the bank to get one. lol
    Last edited by check two; 04-23-2013 at 01:40 AM.

I Dont Walk I Get Carried kingwu's Avatar

I still rock tapes

So I stopped by the record shop and talked to Adrian Younge's "partner" who worked at the front and he had told me they never received any cassettes of any kind. They were all upset because they were suppose to get a few but nothing. But they are going do another re-release of the vinyls and "Collectors Pak" which includes the cassettes of about 30 or so and should get them by next week. The reason for it was because some people weren't being credited on the LP for their work, some errors and shit.

But yeah, I pre-ordered the Collectors Pak too, and still haven't gotten it yet. But when I do, I'll up the cassette then.

No artificial sleazy

Have you ever ripped a cassette?

Some converters are either dirt cheap or hundreds of dollars. Curious what the difference in quality is.

still waiting on mine... do rippers for cassettes still sit on store shelves tho?

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Have Soul Temple shipped this shit yet? According to their website it was supposed to be shipped on the 16th of this month.

Gentleman, The brown tape is free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now everyone can hear the dopeness.