Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 days of listening to 12 reasons to die and?

^ Nice review.

Ghost can't spit no more....i don't care how hot the beats are....very amateur lyrics in my opinion.
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=410&dateline=12174845  45

Peace CT

I feel if you dont like this album then you probably shouldnt be checking for Wu releases anymore. Obviously people are entitled to their own opinion. But what did you want from this album? Ghost is a top 3 storyteller so this is perfect for him. Great beats and great guest spots as well. peace

I pre-ordered from Soul Temple and haven't gotten shit yet. It's been a week since the release and I don't even have a tracking #.

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"

Quote Originally Posted by DYPthaGoldynchild View Post
    What an INCREDIBLE record...

Just got my copy on Friday and am still absorbing it, but I knew it was a true CLASSIC after the first spin...

The creativity and atmosphere of this album blew me away...Props to Ghost for being open-minded enough to fully immerse himself into the concept and to trust a young gun like Adrian Younge's direction. That's not easy for an established veteran like Ghost to do. But Ghost has always been good with taking chances and experimenting, so it's not that surprising.

The attention to detail on this album is ridiculous...Adrian Younge is an absolute MONSTER.

Best Wu release since.........Supreme Clientele? I think so.

-DYP-
    Nice review but you really feelin' this more than Fishscale?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz36 View Post
    I pre-ordered from Soul Temple and haven't gotten shit yet. It's been a week since the release and I don't even have a tracking #.
    I emailed them two days ago, no response. I regret ordering from them, and may try to cancel the order.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Tactical Expert DYPthaGoldynchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    Nice review but you really feelin' this more than Fishscale?
    Yes.

They're obviously two completely different records, and I think Fishscale was dope as hell, but if I had to nitpick I would choose 12RTD because it blows away Fishscale on an originality level. Fishscale was a little bloated (too many tracks & skits) and thematically was all over the place. 12RTD is just a tighter, more cohesive package.

The thing with this record is that it is MEMORABLE even after just one listen...The second time I spun it I felt like I knew all the songs so well already. You know, there are some movies that you watch ONCE and you can remember every scene and line of dialogue so clearly...That's how I feel about this project.

-DYP-
    @DYPgoldynchild on Twitter

http://illegitrecordz.blogspot.com
    >>> OUT NOW: TRUE MASTER "Persian Legacy" Mixtape
    SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 3 [DYP Edition]"
    >>> RE-UP: SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 2"
    60 SECOND ASSASSIN "The Retrospective"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz36 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I emailed them two days ago, no response. I regret ordering from them, and may try to cancel the order.
    It stated clearly on their website that orders would be shipped on April 30th. That's why I chose not to order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    I feel if you dont like this album then you probably shouldnt be checking for Wu releases anymore. Obviously people are entitled to their own opinion. But what did you want from this album? Ghost is a top 3 storyteller so this is perfect for him. Great beats and great guest spots as well. peace
    Co-sign. I don't see how any of this is amateurish lyric-wise either. This album is a lot more grounded than albums like Fishscale because it follows a beginning to end narrative. As mentioned, if you're not feeling this project as a Wu fan, then just admit you're not into Wu that much anymore. It can happen. But if this came out along with Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, and the like it wouldn't feel or sound out of place.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Good album. Id rather have RZA produce a ghost album though.

I dont think its better than fishscale or bulletproof wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Good album. Id rather have RZA produce a ghost album though.

I dont think its better than fishscale or bulletproof wallets.
    You really think those two albums are more cohesive than 12 reasons? The dipping points on those albums go way lower than anything on here.

RZA also executive produced this album, just like he did Supreme Clientele, and it shows.

On supreme clientele he produced songs and remixed other producers beats. All he does is talk a few times on this.

And cohesiveness isn't everything, bulletproof wallets had better stories and concepts even with a few wack beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    On supreme clientele he produced songs and remixed other producers beats. All he does is talk a few times on this.

And cohesiveness isn't everything, bulletproof wallets had better stories and concepts even with a few wack beats.
    If you think all RZA did on this was talk a few times, then you don't fully understand what it means to a project if RZA executive produced it.

Cohesiveness, when its at this level, does mean a lot. With that said, there are a couple of tracks on BW I like more than anything on 12 Reasons (The Forest, for example). But there are clear dipping points on BW, whereas there are no dipping points on 12 Reasons. Which is to say, if I were to make Ghsotface compilation, BW tracks MIGHT have more presence on it than 12 Reasons, but as an album...I don't see any argument for BW being a better album than 12 Reasons. Ghost is consistently dope on this, even if he doesn't reach the highs that he does on BW (which in large part has to do with sticking to a concept). The beats, vibe, and guest spots on 12 Reasons sort of speak for themselves.

I need more time with this album, but after about 12 straight listens I'm liking this album more than any of Ghost's albums not named Ironman and Supreme (Fishscale is close, but still not as cohesive).

To put it another way, I often feel in the mood to hear individual tracks on Fishscale, Bulletproof Wallets, Pretty Tony, but rarely feel like hearing them from beginning to end. With this release so far, I find myself just wanting it to play out from beginning to end. I don't want to skip any tracks. And although I have couple tracks I favor on here over others, I still want to hear it all play out. It plays like a short film to me more than any of his albums before. Props to all involved for putting this out. I wish more artists would release albums like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
    It stated clearly on their website that orders would be shipped on April 30th. That's why I chose not to order from them.
    It's my fault then for not noticing that but my main point still stands- I should have received a response to my email.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut