Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 days of listening to 12 reasons to die and?

OG-18* WAT

P.s

free the brown tape!
    La Connoisseur Life

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    Some of Ghosts lyrics seemed rushed. The writing is OK in my opinion.
    didnt listn to the lp yet...

"As those involved tell it, the story came first, the music second and the lyrics last. Twelve Reasons to Die is the creation myth of a black superhero set in 1960s Italy, which looks a lot like 1990s Scorsese."

http://www.npr.org/2013/04/08/176043...reasons-to-die

CORNED BEEF CUNT

The more and more i listen the more and more im feelin the vintage wu feel of this album. Ghost did a great job and so did the features. It is a very short album and some of the songs orchestra like singin b4 tracks annoyed me but i understand why there on the track but i often find myself skippin past the singin. Ghost is great of course, with his lyrics painting a perfect picture 4 the story on each track. I dont think its classic but it should get no less than a 8/10. My only worry as far as Ghost goes is that it seems as if his voice is extra dry and raspy like it hurts for him to talk. I notice it in interviews now too. I know tat everyones voice changes but ghosts seems to get worse everytime i hear him. I hope its just because of all the touring and shit...nigga may need to rest his voice b4 he starts recording that supreme clientele 2.

I listened to it yesterday. It's a great album. It is very short, but overall I enjoyed it. The production was excellent and really brought you into the album.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
    Some of Ghosts lyrics seemed rushed. The writing is OK in my opinion.
    I agree with this in terms of Ghost at his absolute best; it's a step down from Supreme or even Bulletproof, but his writing on this one still fucks with 36, Cuban, or Ironman...overall, I love this album; they execute the storyline well and the overall aesthetic is really dope ...one of my best friends since I was a little kid who has little time for any post Swarm/Pillage/Heavy Mental era Wu shit fucks with this album hard (so homo) and ended up ordering the vinyl/remix tape combo...point being that Adrian Younge gets it, and is a good person for to possibly consult or produce on the next Wu album
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 04-20-2013 at 01:17 AM.

^You think his writing on this fucks with Ironman? Hmm, must say I disagree, the writing here is way too linear to be on Ironman's level imo.

I like this album, but I do need to give it an in depth listen. But it's definitely solid, and the features compliment the tracks.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

its really gooooooooooood

Did everyone get thier soultemple pre orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Did everyone get thier soultemple pre orders?
    No. On anther forum someone said they told him they haven't shipped yet. lol That's just sad. The damn album's been out!

FREE THE BROWN TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one that didn't get mine because I keep seeing the brown tape pop up on ebay and everyones saying how good it is. I should have just canceled my preorder because I ended up getting the private press edition when that came out.

Soul Temple failed miserably on this deal.

Peace CT

As well as Iron Fists deal^. I think theres still people who didnt get their packages. I only ordered the shirt this time around. I wanted the CD ASAP and that wasnt happening thru Soul Temple. Peace

They should sell the Brown Tape separately. That'd be nice.

Tactical Expert DYPthaGoldynchild's Avatar

What an INCREDIBLE record...

Just got my copy on Friday and am still absorbing it, but I knew it was a true CLASSIC after the first spin...

The creativity and atmosphere of this album blew me away...Props to Ghost for being open-minded enough to fully immerse himself into the concept and to trust a young gun like Adrian Younge's direction. That's not easy for an established veteran like Ghost to do. But Ghost has always been good with taking chances and experimenting, so it's not that surprising.

The attention to detail on this album is ridiculous...Adrian Younge is an absolute MONSTER.

Best Wu release since.........Supreme Clientele? I think so.

-DYP-
    @DYPgoldynchild on Twitter

http://illegitrecordz.blogspot.com
    >>> OUT NOW: TRUE MASTER "Persian Legacy" Mixtape
    SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 3 [DYP Edition]"
    >>> RE-UP: SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 2"
    60 SECOND ASSASSIN "The Retrospective"