Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 days of listening to 12 reasons to die and?

Where does it say that orders will be shipped out on the 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    If you think all RZA did on this was talk a few times, then you don't fully understand what it means to a project if RZA executive produced it.

Cohesiveness, when its at this level, does mean a lot. With that said, there are a couple of tracks on BW I like more than anything on 12 Reasons (The Forest, for example). But there are clear dipping points on BW, whereas there are no dipping points on 12 Reasons. Which is to say, if I were to make Ghsotface compilation, BW tracks MIGHT have more presence on it than 12 Reasons, but as an album...I don't see any argument for BW being a better album than 12 Reasons. Ghost is consistently dope on this, even if he doesn't reach the highs that he does on BW (which in large part has to do with sticking to a concept). The beats, vibe, and guest spots on 12 Reasons sort of speak for themselves.

I need more time with this album, but after about 12 straight listens I'm liking this album more than any of Ghost's albums not named Ironman and Supreme (Fishscale is close, but still not as cohesive).
    Yeah, executive producers are very important in guiding the direction and sound of the overall project and like you said, it shows that RZA did it with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Where does it say that orders will be shipped out on the 30th?
    Their site did say that at one point in time. Guess they realized that wasn't going to cut it.

you might be confusing things with the 2 getondown versions: those are announced to ship on the 30th

http://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=16285

"Pre-order only.
    Product starts shipping on April 30, 2013"
    Last edited by Reccollectah; 04-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Dope album, don't know if it's better than the best 11 songs on Fishscale yet...
    Shakey Dog
    Kilo
    The Champ
    9 Milli Bros
    Crack spot
    Ragu
    Back like that
    Clipse of Doom
    Jellyfish
    Big Girl
    Under water

I received a response from Soul Temple
    First off we would like to thank you for your pre-order of Twelve Reasons To Die and for supporting Ghostface Killah, Adrian Younge and Soul Temple Records. We are committed to putting together first class Hip Hop packages and we cannot do that without your support.

Secondly, we would like to apologize for the delay in shipping your Ghostface pre-order.

We want to assure you that we have all of the Ghostface 12RTD inventory in-stock and we are packing orders now. We expect that all orders will be shipped by this weekend and that you will have your product shortly there after.

The reason that we had a delay was that wanted to ship all of the packages with tracking/delivery confirmation and we had to upgrade our mailing system to handle the large volume of packages we are dealing with.

We know that this delay is entirely our fault and that you should have had your purchase by now.

As an offer of good faith, we would like to offer you a free digital download of The Brown Tape as well as 20% off discount code for your next purchase of any item in our catalog
    That's cool with me.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

This is the best shit the Wu has released in a looooong time.....prolly since Supreme Clientele

Ha

Most impressive.. 'best' dunno..
    1-DAY

BUILD STRONG...

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Got to say I really like both versions and they work as almost 2 entirely different records

So what yall think, is this on the level of Psychic World?

Peace CT

My Wu album rankings for 2013.
    1. 12 Reasons to Die
    2. Czarface
    3. PWOWR

peace everyone, i havent logged on here in a minute! i bought this album off itunes the first night it dropped. im a big ghostface fan, and i had little to none expectations for this album. never heard any singles, didnt know the back story, etc..

but this album right here, has to be one of ghosts top 3. he lryics are dope, sticking to the story they created. the beats are amazing! its real musical, and i love the way it was put together. its one of those albums you wish it didnt end. i really wish he rapped to the last outro beat at the end. it is kinda short, but i still give it a solid 10/10. id rather have 12 bangers, then a album thats 17 tracks with corny skits, filler tracks, etc.

12 RTD has made me now hype for the new clan album! bought tickets to see ghost in philly next month as well. GREAT album

oh yeah, best track to me is "Revenge is Sweet" everyone kills that track! Especially Killa Sin...

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    So what yall think, is this on the level of Psychic World?
    Musically, it's very interesting. But KP's lyrics are way better than Ghost's.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

I'm a pretty big ghost fan, but i haven't liked any albums he's done since SC on a whole. This is no exception. Very forgettable album really, pretty much like every other Wu release from the last 10 years. I'll probably listen to it a couple more times and then not bother.