Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Do you guys think it's weird when white folks listen to "black" hip-hop?

  1. #16
    Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Depths of Shaolin
    Posts
    77,780,496
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    It is weird but not for the reasons you think. Why wouldn't a forward thinking white devil like myself not be in favour of minority groups obtaining equal rights and being empowered? The anti white sentiment in rap is in line with my own opinions of these caucazoids also, so i don't see how that's weird either.

    As a rule, i pretty much don't listen to white rappers because they have no soul


    Bwahahahaahah I gotta admit. You have the best responses.

  2. #17
    Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Depths of Shaolin
    Posts
    77,780,496
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWrists View Post

    WTF That dude took a shit and ate it then wiped it all over his face all while performing a song

  3. #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    O-Block
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Disgusting!!!!!

  4. #19
    Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London, U.K.
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    That is like saying why doesn't anyone that is not Italian American watch Sopranoes.

    It completely underestimates the achievement of the musician. OB4CL it is a good album because it is a good piece of music. Just like Hell on Earth or Illmatic or Ironman or 36 Chambers or Ironman. Sure the guy that made these were black. But come on, let us pay our repect to these guys, they are talented regardless of the colour of their skin.

    I mean common on, how many of you went and beame doctor because you like House or Scrubs?
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

    I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

  5. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    O-Block
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    That is like saying why doesn't anyone that is not Italian American watch Sopranoes.

    It completely underestimates the achievement of the musician. OB4CL it is a good album because it is a good piece of music. Just like Hell on Earth or Illmatic or Ironman or 36 Chambers or Ironman. Sure the guy that made these were black. But come on, let us pay our repect to these guys, they are talented regardless of the colour of their skin.

    I mean common on, how many of you went and beame doctor because you like House or Scrubs?
    You've got a point. It is art and it does not matter what the artist looks like. Focusing on what the artist or what the listener looks like misses the point.

  6. #21
    Wu Vatican
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    to me its whatever. were all humans. people who look at another human like they are different because of the pigment of their skin is beyond me.

    like get over it. were all the same, its been artificial boundaries and mental conditioning that have made us look at each other like we're different.



    in light of the aforementioned, i dont find it weird that i enjoy public enemy.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

    People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

  7. #22

    Default

    Scarface: “Hip Hop Is Too White”

    http://shot97.com/2013/04/scarface-h...-is-too-white/

    lol scarface the joo hater

  8. #23
    Master Ninja KJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    You've got a point. It is art and it does not matter what the artist looks like. Focusing on what the artist or what the listener looks like misses the point.
    Yeah but that's not what we are discussing. We're talking about being able to appreciate and relate to a racially specific "message", that the artist has indebted their music with the task of carrying. The question is whether it's normal for a white person to be able to relate to a "pro-black" or "anti-white" agenda in an artist.

    We're not debating how a person can enjoy Chuck Berry, Miles Davis and Kool G Rap when they aren't the same color.

  9. #24
    Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1344 Queens Blvd. (with my parents)
    Posts
    16,588
    Rep Power
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWrists View Post
    haha, i saw a documentary on GG Allen back in the day. dude was nuts.

  10. #25
    Rum Ham ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MAFIA LAND
    Posts
    13,025
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    BIBLE is a great song and i'm sure everyone here loves that. It has a very strong black empowerment message.

    I can understand the need for black empowerment and I enjoy the song.

    At the same time, it probably won't have the same impact on me that it might on a black kid hearing this stuff for the first time. But I definitely feel that song on a personal level, because that was a big song for me. it was that kind of shit along with Public Enemy, Blackstar and whoever else I was listening to as a teenager that opened my eyes to whats going on in society, and also the possibilities of the meaning of life.

  11. #26
    Master Ninja KJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    BIBLE is a great song and i'm sure everyone here loves that. It has a very strong black empowerment message.

    I can understand the need for black empowerment and I enjoy the song.

    At the same time, it probably won't have the same impact on me that it might on a black kid hearing this stuff for the first time. But I definitely feel that song on a personal level, because that was a big song for me. it was that kind of shit along with Public Enemy, Blackstar and whoever else I was listening to as a teenager that opened my eyes to whats going on in society, and also the possibilities of the meaning of life.
    Damn best response yet! Stuff like that can still be highly influential to the listener (regardless of race) but the effects might be slightly different depending on that race.

    As a teen, I've listened to Public Enemy (grown up with them) and I totally relate to the simple fact that they were pissed and rebelling against the powers that be. Blackstar on the other hand is so introspective that I could connect their philosophical musings in different ways.

  12. #27

    Default

    No
    A wise man told me don't argue with fools
    cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
    - Jay-Z

  13. #28
    Master Ninja KJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8 View Post
    No
    Do you kinda agree with Sosa's reasoning?

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    Do you kinda agree with Sosa's reasoning?
    Of course, that's a great point.
    Didn't elaborate, because some of ya'll already gave reasons i agree with
    A wise man told me don't argue with fools
    cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
    - Jay-Z

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •