Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jay-Z and Raekwon together for future projects?

Surprised jigga wasn't on the "W" also...

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Can you honestly say there is no difference in his subject matter, style and flow since RD? Put aside any bias you have and look at it objectively. His lyrics have become much more reflective as he's grown older, which is a natural progression for an artist, not to mention an adult. I don't think I can say that about anyone in the Clan, maybe Rza.
    Hes always been reflective. Reasonable doubt for example was full of reflections on life. The issue is that his records now are all about him being rich and pretending hes in the illuminati.

I cant say that about any member of the clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Hes always been reflective. Reasonable doubt for example was full of reflections on life. The issue is that his records now are all about him being rich and pretending hes in the illuminati.

I cant say that about any member of the clan.
    Of course you can't say that about the clan, they don't have anywhere near the money Jay-Z does. Pretending he's illuminati? No, that's the paranoid Internet geeks who try to find meaning in any gesture.
    He's rich. Should his records all be about being poor and struggling, something he hasn't been in 20 years?
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Of course you can't say that about the clan, they don't have anywhere near the money Jay-Z does. Pretending he's illuminati? No, that's the paranoid Internet geeks who try to find meaning in any gesture.
    He's rich. Should his records all be about being poor and struggling, something he hasn't been in 20 years?
    Im saying he shouldnt make records; theyre just lists of things he bought and records he sold. I get it, actually i got that he was rich and successful 10-15 years ago. Its boring now.

Theres definitely been records where he mentions the illuminati. Him and his wife love playing up to that bs.

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    can u elaborate on this ?
    Songs like Minority Report , where he admits his mistakes

Sure, I ponied up a mil' but I didn't give my time
    So in reality I didn't give a dime
    Or a damn, I just put my monies in the hands
    Of the same people that left my people stranded
    Nothin' but a bandit, left my folks abandoned
    Damn, money we gave just a band-aid

Other songs like History, or when he talks about his relationship with his father I think show a certain level of maturity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Im saying he shouldnt make records; theyre just lists of things he bought and records he sold. I get it, actually i got that he was rich and successful 10-15 years ago. Its boring now.

Theres definitely been records where he mentions the illuminati. Him and his wife love playing up to that bs.
    I'm, not denying that he makes records like that, or that it's not tiresome when he does. It's boring when any rapper does it. I'm disputing the idea that that's the only type of record he makes.

As for the Illuminati stuff, I haven't heard it, not saying it's not there, but if he does talk about he's probably not pretending lol.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Rae has had the same subject matter for 20 years.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

To be honest this news bores me... Both can flow and could write the Illest jewels but all they talk is that street shit, same ol BS man.. Put both em together damn even worst If you ask me! Lol I would rather hear a RZA and KRS album/project!

Just because the subject matter is repetitive doesn't mean they won't come with some mean verses.