Thread: Phife Dawg-Ventilation

-

Default Phife Dawg-Ventilation

This is Phife of A Tribe Called Quest's only solo album. It's a decent album. I like the songs Flawless, Bend Ova, Ventilation. I like a few other songs but i can't remember the song titles. He had 2 songs produced by Pete Rock. I think J Dilla produced a couple of songs also. He had a video for Flawless. If ya'll haven't seen it, check it out. Nice album cover. I was disappointed he didn't do some more solo albums. I always liked him more than QTip. I was kinda sad to hear he has diabetes. I'm glad he's doing alright. I remember reading in Slam magazine that he was a basketball scout at a middle school in Connecticut. I wonder if he's still doing that. I know he loves basketball.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Yeah the beats were really good hi tek pete rock and jay dee had some bangers it's an ok album surprisingly much better than amplified

-

I'm not surprised his album is better than QTip's gay solo albums LOL. Phife doesn't seem like the type to crossover and do radio songs like QTip.

Amplified rap was terrible, but had great beats. Ventilation is underrated, it's a good album, but obviously not as good as the Tribe classics.

Listen to Q-Tip - Let's Ride and then listen to Phife Dawg - Ben Dova. Dilla gave a similar beat to Phife which I like more.

I'm a huge Tribe fan and I haven't checked out any Phife or Q-Tip solo albums. Are any worth the time? It looks like you guys think this one is decent.

-

I hate QTip's Let's Ride song. Wack song. I don't think Let's Ride beat is similar to Phife's Bend Ova beat. Phife says some funny lyrics on Flawless and Bend Ova. I like when he said on Flawless, talking tough but be dressing on some wussy shit LOL. Tight see through shirt on some hard nipple shit LOL. Fake Versace shades while all up in the club and shit LOL. Sports bra, halter tops. What the fuck is this? LOL. Dudes be pussied out just to sell some records shit LOL. They wanna be voice of the street. You see this bullshit? LOL. Go ahead. Play yourself with them ho like hooks. Sing ballads if it's all about the Maxwell look LOL. Phat Farm shirt with a garter belt looking like a whore LOL. Now tell me what you rhyming for. This shit is all about flows. Fuck a fashion show LOL.

KJR, don't waste your time with QTip's solo albums. Check out Phife's Ventilation album and you won't be disappointed. Go to Youtube and watch his Flawless video.

Alright, will do. I always loved Phifes voice. I'll let you know what I think about it after I give it some time.

Q-Tip's Renaissance is a good album. Way better and more cohesive album than Amplified.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I find that hard to believe. Move is the only song of his i like on that album. Props to him for using The Jackson 5's Dancing Machine sample.

-

Yeah right hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

About that life

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.