once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: some modern boom bap albums !!!!!!!!!

Default some modern boom bap albums !!!!!!!!!

do you know some ya know some real shit, some 90s NY golden era boom bap feel..

i know a few:

Beneficence - Sidewalk Science (2011)
    Flowetic-Beyond_Description-2011
    Purpose & Confidence - The Purpose Of Confidence
    Beneficence-Concrete_Soul
    Rashad & Confidence - The Element of Surprise [2011]

and here is one track that really describes what I mean

Beneficence feat. Grap Luva & Rob-O - "Cold Train"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45dvLHxE-Q

I got a new boom bap lp coming out next month. Check the post I made about T-Rocc in this same section of the forum. The boom bap is mos def back!!!

Fuck it I'll post a youtube vid of the track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ5PfjWWcuA

Dirt Platoon and Kyo Itachi - WarFace
    John Robinson and Kyo Itachi - The Path of Mastery
    7 GEMS - Golden Era Music Sciences
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes
    Hannibal Stax and Marco Polo - Seize the Day

Apollo Brown & Guilty Simpson - Dice Game

thank yall

also, I think Audible Doctor is an underated producer, check for exemple his "Brownies" LP and be amazed...

some good examples in here for sure... 100% agree about Audible Doctor, he's been absolutely killing it lately. he's got an LP coming out with Fredro Starr of Onyx and every single that has dropped has been mindblowing with that good ol' boom bap feel. also peep his seasons oriented EP:s "The Winter Tape" and "The Summer Tape", very good stuff.

the new Guilty Simpson project with Small Professor is a good one.

i can't go on YouTube right now, but check out the latest release by J57 & Blame One, an album called "Walk in the Sun" that has some crazy boom bap oriented beats to say the least...

also the MC/producer duo Professor P & DJ Akilles has a dope sound that pay respect to the classic styles, with fat drums and a lot of ill turntable work. check out the singles with AG and Blu, respectively, and grab their new EP on Ill Adrenaline.

also I got to give it up for DJ SKIZZ who dropped an absolutely insane joint called "BQE: Brooklyn to Queens Experience". Skizz is very dope behind the boards and on the turntables and with apperances by Masta Ace, Cormega, Lil' Fame, ILLBILL, Roc Marciano, Rasheed Chappell, OC & AG, Big Twinz, Al' Tariq, Shabaam Sahdeeq, Malik B., Hannibal Stax, Big noyd, Craig G, FT, Steele, and many more I can promise you this is a real knockout.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

also check out K-DEF (who produced the Beneficence / InI collabo you posted OP), most of his latest releases are instrumentals, but check out a track called "Riot Material" featuring Has-Lo, Kaimbr, Insight from his latest EP "The Meeting" to get a feel for that record which is brilliant in every way and well worth the money for a copy.

i don't know if you have heard The P Brothers, a production duo from the UK, that dropped "The Gas" a few years back.. some of the hardest boom bap type of shit released in many years, exclusively featuring tracks with Roc Marciano, Milano, and Bo$$ Money (the latter group are real underrated cats too).

Showbiz & AG - "Preloaded"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^^ just dropped on digital.