Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: U-God: The Keynote Speaker (album sampler)

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

solid album, no complaints here. some can't be satisfied i guess...

solid, yeah i'd agree with that. I can't say its wack but imo Uey is better as part of the clan. on his own he lacks good songwriting ability. he can write verse but not songs.

RZA is literally shitting into synth's on Be Right There....awful

album is dope imo.

some really good tracks and a couple duds but overall a good album.

cant complain with this release.

plus you actually get bonus shit when you buy a physical copy. haven't listened to it yet, but the Soul Temple Music sampler disc seems like it will have some goods on it. you get that new Wu track on it I think

It's not like the wackest album ever. It's like three different ep's stuffed into one. Stars and Room Keep Spinning belong on a P.Diddy album, not in this one.

I have no hate towards U-God, this was just a big disappointment cause the singles were epic.

As sosa put it:

"on his own he lacks good songwriting ability. he can write verse but not songs."
    Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.

I knew this would happen. The first the singles were excellent but all featured guests, and then we head the two solo tracks and they were no where near as good. They released the best songs first im guessing. How fuckin hard is it to make a consistanly good album? He got it right on those three singles, and considering this is supposed to be 'what the fans want' and the fans liked those tracks, why not have the rest of the album in a similar vein?

I like artists exterimenting and switchin up their sound and not staying with the same boring fuckin stale sound all their carrers but lets face it U-Gods carer IS trying to experiment with some techno house bullshit on half album tracks and fuckin his albums up.

I havent heard this shit yet and hope its better than what people are saying but i didnt like those two solo tracks and have a fear the rest of the album will be in a similar vein. And after the first three singles i couldnt wait for it.

Oh ya and he told us to get with the game when questioned about Soul Temple not shipping orders so if thats the way he thinks bout his only fanbase getting screwed over then i have no problems downloading this shit illegally.

/\ You & I both, I knew the leaks he threw at us would be the best ones (the ones with guests, the song structure Uey works the best in). When his solo songs dropped, you could see a drop in quality. He hooked & baited everyone.

CORNED BEEF CUNT

bout 2 give dis shit a spin now

U-God is like ketchup. He mixes well with other rappers. But you don't want him on his own.

Golden Arms Redemption - @@@
    Mr. Xcitement - @
    Dopium - @@@1/2
    Keynote Speaker - @@@

The best U-God album would have two guests on every track.

checking out the snippets, sounds like a solid album.

Rza is like michael jordan playing for the wizards. he's running on fumes.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Wigzaw View Post
    Just listened this album, it's fucking bad. Mr.Xcitement is back.
    Oh really? Guess I gotta go listen to Mr. Xcitement again then...

Album is really dope. Best Wu album in a while (with the exception of 12RTD perhaps). No clue what some of y'all been smokin?!
    Also, to everyone saying U-God can't hold it down on his own: I would have agreed before I heard that Enter U-God mixtape back then before Dopium dropped. But ever since, I think he is among the best!

Great comeback Uey, keep it coming!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
    Oh really? Guess I gotta go listen to Mr. Xcitement again then...

Quote Originally Posted by Wigzaw View Post
    It's not like the wackest album ever. It's like three different ep's stuffed into one. Stars and Room Keep Spinning belong on a P.Diddy album, not in this one.

I have no hate towards U-God, this was just a big disappointment cause the singles were epic.

As sosa put it:

"on his own he lacks good songwriting ability. he can write verse but not songs."
    It's not that bad, maybe it was the first reaction for hearing songs like stars for the first time.

I formed a playlist with 10 songs:

Keynote Speaker
    Heads Up
    Fire
    Fame
    Zilla
    Get Mine
    Mt. Everest
    Tranzform
    Be Right There
    Days Of Glory

Then it's as good as dopium. The songs I left off, doesn't fit IMO and the album lacks overall direction.

Within a year we've had this , 12 reasons and Man with the Iron fists OST

I'm a happy Wu fan!
    Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.

I think this a solid release from U-God, there are a couple of misfires but overall its a strong effort! No doubt though that he is best when there are other mc's on the track!
    I would rank this his second best release, Golden Arms Redemption is to me better.

CORNED BEEF CUNT

Its a couple nice solo tracks on here dont know where all the hate is comin from. I wasnt expecting a classic album or even a very good one from dis nigga at this stage of his career but this shit is definitly between being solid and good upon my first few listens. Only big complaint i have is limited replayabilty because even as of now i am skippin some of those earlier leaks cuz im jus tired of hearin them shits already...Not sayin they arent good, jus that i think they were easily forgettable....BTW some nice production on here.

Banned

LOL @ get mine

OMG

u-god got the BLUES brothaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u-god is killing it with those pocket 80s style power rhymes...

hes such an entertaining listen even when its bad...

id rather listen to u-god flub a track than listen to bronze nazareth rap about stone tablets and brass flutes for the millionth time with no personality...

mt everest is the crown jewel... INS destroys all of czarface with that verse... he needs to be isolated from wigger geek rappers to come with it like that...esoteric gets nothing but deck full of esos milk and cookies bars... mercenary raps...

LOL @ room keeps spinning

uey took a purple rock candy at the dubstep festival...

maybe INS took one when he did this...

u-god is a comedian... one of the funniest rappers of all time and he has no idea