once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby rips black christians about crime at NAN Conference

-

Check Two, are you trying to tell me my responses aren't the truth? You know what i said is the truth and that's the reality for most black men. Bill Cosby needs to go to the hood and talk to these ignorant black men about why they do the stupid stuff they do and he would understand why they do it. I don't believe that ignorant black men wanna sell drugs and rob and kill their own people. They do that because they can't get a job and that's because there aren't any good jobs in their neighborhoods. Ignorant black men do need to read books though because knowledge is the key to having a better life. There's some books at the library that may not be as boring as school and the books can help them to have a better life and get a good job. I don't like school but i do like to read books sometimes. Ignorant black men should read Bill's Come On People book and Why Are So Many Black Men In Prison book by Demico Boothe because those books are very good.

Charles...do u know there are a ton of successful black men who came from the hood? With little to nothing?

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

what does it mean to be successful ?

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

lol @ 5 percent

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWrists View Post
    This is good

I agree with Dr. Cosby, I do. The only thing I don't like about his statements is that Dr. Cosby doesn't have the right approach to guide blacks into a direction that will be in our benefit. To be honest, no black leader doesn't have a unique approach how to guide us.

President Obama said that individualism is what makes a person great. He also said the responsibility plays an important role when it comes to personal achievement.

We need to get it together.

Bill Cosby is an idealist. He holds people to his own standards, which is unrealistic.

And no this observation isnt based on his treatment of theo huxtable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Bill Cosby is an idealist. He holds people to his own standards, which is unrealistic.

And no this observation isnt based on his treatment of theo huxtable.
    You're right, Sosa, it is unrealistic to expect greatness from people in today's society. In terms of blacks, this "We can do it" speech has gone on too long. It's getting old even for myself and I'm 26.

People can't approach problems and then conjure up solutions that won't be effective in the black community. The solutions Dr. Cosby is discussing cannot be applied in today's black society. There's too much ignorance and laziness that cannot be undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    There's too much ignorance and laziness that cannot be undone.

so what should happen to a people who can't shake being ignorant and lazy ?

Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    so what should happen to a people who can't shake being ignorant and lazy ?
    I repeated what Dr. Cosby stated about my generation. Dr. Cosby isn't approaching the problems in a correct way. The drug dealer that's on the corner doesn't have any options. The single mother who's on welfare doesn't have many options. What are their alternatives? They don't have much to choose from in the area they live in. Their families don't have old money.

When you have limited resources, a limited education, knowledge and skills, the odds of you succeeding in life aren't great.

People are trapped and Dr. Cosby doesn't understand this at all.

he does understand it - believe me he does - he's put in an incredible amount of work attempting to repair people and open up opportunities for them - maybe he doesn't understand the lengths his enemies would go to undo any good he given - maybe he doesn't understand how the return fire effects those he's tried to help - why was

Richard Pryors Mother a prostitute and his Father a Pimp ?

why was Louis Armstrongs Mother a Prostitute ?

these 2 men were well known entertainers - people see them as "Successful" Men - but were they ?

does having a high level of spending power make you a successful person ?