Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeezus leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    This is why kanyes albums are anticipated. Hes not a static artist. The majority of the rest of hip hop, actually music in general is content to stand still. Kanye is one of the few pushing himself outside of his comfort zone with each album.

Some of the elements hes used before, but really this doesn't sound like anything. Its rock-ish but not rock rap like the beasties or run dmc, its something new and different. Genius.
    agree 100 %. What I like about him is that he never settles for something but always looks to push the boundaries, not only of hip hop but in music in generel. He might not be a Rakim or Biggie on the mic but he has so much else to offer in terms of creativity.

Not as good as his last solo effort but a hell lot better than that WTT and Cruel Summer bull...

salute
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

2 little known facts about "Yeezus".

#1: Kanye was originally going to name the album "Music to Suck Dick To", but the higher ups at the label disapproved of that title.

#2: There was originally a hidden diss track directed to the sign the beat 'Ye's ass but the owners of the severe tire damage sign threatened to sue and it was removed.

"Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Yeah, people who think this is 'ground-breaking' or 'revolutionary' really need to broaden their listening horizons.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

^^^^^^Finally some people with sense came back to Wu-Corp.
    bring back begongo!!

Im not feeling this album but then again this isn't my type of music. Kanye is way overrated imo & none of his music has caught my ear. AOTY ?! not even close, GOAT?! not even close to close. The music on this album is nothing but noise, that aint hip hop to me. And just for the record, he aint shit cuz he got Kim, anyone could bag Kim K, shes an emotional hot mess!

Wu Vatican

undecided leaning towards not liking it. will need to listen to it some more.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Trash

Every track is ether Auto tuned, Kanye Screaming, trying to sing or he is crying on a track.

most of the beats are annoying as well. I usually like a track or 2 from west but this is trash

now he is going scream at fans again for not buying his shit and complain he is supposed to sell out arenas but he cant and cry about him not getting any awards cuz he is god he is the best rapper

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    This is why kanyes albums are anticipated. Hes not a static artist. The majority of the rest of hip hop, actually music in general is content to stand still. Kanye is one of the few pushing himself outside of his comfort zone with each album.

Some of the elements hes used before, but really this doesn't sound like anything. Its rock-ish but not rock rap like the beasties or run dmc, its something new and different. Genius.
    haha, what the fuck are you talking about chief? All of the "experimentation" Kanye has done (Graduation and onwards) has been the result of pilfering other genres and musicians that were in vogue at the time. He's not even coy about his influence and the music that he appropriates - he's got them producing on the fucking album.

As others have said, parts of this sound like Death Grips, reinterpreted for soft cunts like you. Other parts are facsimiles of UK beat music and everything that came out of that bungled together with random electrohouse shit.

I know taste is subjective or whatever, but if you think he's breaking new ground or is a "genius" musically, you're ignorant or simply a dumb cunt.

Kanye - the only dunce still persisting with autotune bullshit in 2013. What a musical genius.

Ahahahahahahahaah

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    Kanye - the only dunce still persisting with autotune bullshit in 2013. What a musical genius.
    36 Chambers was fucking average because they were still rapping in '93.

Yeah man, Kanye like, reinvented the human voice and shit.

Does this album finally make it official?

Brian Eno of the rap game?

oh shit, sorry, he's the black american mozart:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ngle_page=true

Like I said the rock/techno has been done before, there are a lot of other acts who killed it. When I listen to this album the first thing I want to listen to is the techo sound beat by Jay Dee.

This Kanye album is garbage. Like Durag said broaden your listening horizons. Even 808 is more original than this.