Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U-God & Scotty Wotty appreciation!

Default U-God & Scotty Wotty appreciation!

A lot of love to brother U-God for delivering fire since "dopium", and a lot of appreciation for his work with Scotty Wotty. This "Keynote speaker" album sounds HOT, and I hope we'll here more from U-God and Scotty Wotty!
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> Check also on Spotify, Tidal or Apple Music: KAMi "Genesis, vol 1"

-----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> Check also on Spotify, Tidal or Apple Music: KAMi "Genesis, vol 1"

It's dope that Golden Arms is finally getting to shine over the right production. The more I listen to U-God's older work, the more I'm able to connect his lines. For a long while it was common of people to underrate U-God, but I feel that was mostly due to the pictures he'd paint being incredibly dense and can't be immediately grasped like Meth or INS. The big issue has been production though, and I feel that's finally being corrected to translate into a banging album. I think The W said this, but this is his best work since Golden Arms Redemption, makes Dopium look like a warm up album.

im pretty sure Redemption went Gold... MK & Deck cant say the same about their debuts...

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    im pretty sure Redemption went Gold... MK & Deck cant say the same about their debuts...

True. And rightfully so, it's a solid album other than a few missteps.

I always liked Uey a lot: Dope voice, good, complex lyricist (Young Gun put it well), funny dude. Even flow-wise: On pretty much every Clan song he is featured on, he is among the best, often enough outshining his brothers - from way back to now!
    I'm just glad to see he is making better decisions these days and gets his shine. I loved Dopium (one of my favorite Wu solos of the last 5 years or so, and Uey's best IMO), and this new one seems very promising as well.

More power to Baby-U!

Peace.

Oh yeah, and big ups to Jackpot too!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    Nah Deck went gold, he's stated that in a few interviews. Most recently the one he did with Hiphopdx.com when Manifesto was dropping. But with that said This is a good thread. U-God has had his ups and downs, but I finally think he's at that point where he knows what works for him and he's running with it. Don't forget his classics such as "To the rescue", "semi automatic" and a bunch of classic verses on clan projects.

Veteran Member

I have been saying this for years, even in argument with my buddies i always chose u-god as my fav MC from the clan, for some strange reason i liked u-god from the very first minute i heard his verse on da mystery of chessboxing.
    And as has already been said his production choices was always an issue (Mr. Xcitement) but since he's now kinda re-seen the light with regards to his production choices i hope he get all the shine that he deserves.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Yes U-God has been pretty dope at times (early wu albums)..

But it can't be overlooked that he has also made the worst wu album in the catalogue (yes its worse than ying and the yang, Tical 0 etc), that is Mr. Xcitement. Still, this album is funny and entertaining to some extent.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

what's the story on Scotty Wotty? I think Rae shouted him out on Cuban Linx but i never actually heard him until Dopium.

found this...Shadez of Brooklyn feat. Scotty Wotty - Wanted Men (prod. Beatminerz) 1998

looks like he used this on Dopium

Last edited by TommySuits; 06-25-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Hes great on clan albums but his solos are dull, i think hes good at writing verses but not good at writing songs.

I feel the opposite way about masta killa, he just sucks the momentum out of clan songs. But he has a strong vocal presence that works on its own.

IMO Baby U had that style where he was always trying to mimic Ghost and Rae's stream of conscience but his delivery was just way off and brought alot of the clan's stuff down if he wasn't bridging the gap between the other brothers on songs...i think he noticed that and switched his spittin techniques to a more clearer point of view just like Ghost but in his case he was sorta like stepping out of they shadows and into his own and yo the cat is nice as hell like that ...surely he's always been the most underrated out the clan but now that us fans are really starting to notice him he's just gettin better where as sum clan members have regressed to sum degree...turbulence is still my shit tho !
    "Who shot tha duck out tha window" !!!!..Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
    what's the story on Scotty Wotty? I think Rae shouted him out on Cuban Linx but i never actually heard him until Dopium.

found this...Shadez of Brooklyn feat. Scotty Wotty - Wanted Men (prod. Beatminerz) 1998

looks like he used this on Dopium

Do some google research as I did a while ago...

Interview below, GZA talks about teaching Scotty Wotty to MC:
    http://archive.ohword.com/features/33/?pg=all

Here's an old thread where they list where Scotty Wotty is mentioned in songs:
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78395

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Don't forget his classics such as "To the rescue", "semi automatic" and a bunch of classic verses on clan projects.
    Well said Hollow and "To The Rescue" is insanity.