Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keynote Speaker>>>12 Reasons

No artificial sleazy

I'm feeling 12RTD right now over keynote on production alone, but Uuey came with some real fire on select tracks. Both albums get props.

[QUOTE=hotnikks;2341082]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    12RTD could be a classic in time. The production is excellent, Ghost sounds hungry and his flow is on point. I don't think he ever made a serious album like this before.

Seriously??

Fishscale could be near classic, 12 reaons?? far from it hell no.....
    FishScale has great tracks, but it does not feel like a cohesive album. In my opinion 12RTD is a lot better as an album. The production on 12RTD is brilliant, people around here still underrate Adrian Younge's qualities. He actually takes his time creating a sound, being creative and not just imitating the old Wu-Tang sound.

U-God on KS >>> Ghost on 12RTD

The production and guest spots on 12RTD are basically flawless, 5 star material. BUT Ghost's effort is lackluster, to say the least. At times he just sounds corny. The way he paints the story is meeeh, could have been done much better (see Prince Among Thieves for a prime example of how to pull of something like that). That's especially annoying considering that Ghost is one of the best when it comes to story-telling. Guess he just wasn't into the whole thing. Points in case: He didn't even promote the album, referred to it in funny ways ("the album I'm doing for RZA"), said it was all Adrian Young's thing, didn't take part in the video etc... All this, sadly, reduced the replay value for me. Will have to see how KS does on a longer term to give a final verdict on which album I like more overall...

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
    U-God on KS >>> Ghost on 12RTD

The production and guest spots on 12RTD are basically flawless, 5 star material. BUT Ghost's effort is lackluster, to say the least. At times he just sounds corny. The way he paints the story is meeeh, could have been done much better (see Prince Among Thieves for a prime example of how to pull of something like that). That's especially annoying considering that Ghost is one of the best when it comes to story-telling. Guess he just wasn't into the whole thing. Points in case: He didn't even promote the album, referred to it in funny ways ("the album I'm doing for RZA"), said it was all Adrian Young's thing, didn't take part in the video etc... All this, sadly, reduced the replay value for me. Will have to see how KS does on a longer term to give a final verdict on which album I like more overall...

Peace.

That pretty much sums up how I feel as well. U-God took his time making a solid release, while Ghost seemed to rush his end of 12 Reasons. The production is spot on but more time could have been put into the story. Quality over quantity, and Ghost seems more concerned with quantity rushing 7 albums in a 3 year span.

12 reasons fukkin murders keynote soeaker
    Last edited by gamefacekillah; 07-28-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    That pretty much sums up how I feel as well. U-God took his time making a solid release, while Ghost seemed to rush his end of 12 Reasons. The production is spot on but more time could have been put into the story. Quality over quantity, and Ghost seems more concerned with quantity rushing 7 albums in a 3 year span.
    Im glad to hear someone finally sees the truth.
    N.I.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    english?
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

dude said Keynote Soaker?? lmao
    N.I.

Lol like someone already said even those of you who like Keynote Speaker will forget about it in a couple of months when the next ''big thing'' arrives. Keynote Speaker is the definition of a rushed album. Seriously what is the theme of the album? It's mixtape material. The beats don't even have 1 sound, it's all thrown together. You have some trapbeats (you people like this?) and you have gritty but awful sounding beats.

Dopium's God Is Love >> Entire Keynote Speaker

In my opinion U God's pen, delivery and flow on KEYNOTE are better than Ghosts on 12rtd.
    Keynote>12rtd

I'd have to say that both albums are very different & great in their own way. You have 12RTD which is a solid effort that has the listener taken thru a story by 1 of the best storytellers of the game. Classic production by Rza protégé Adian Younge. Then you have KNS which imo is another solid effort by 1 of the best hook song writers & unorthodox flows in the game. At first listen Ill admit I was a little discouraged by what I was listening too but as I really listened closer Uey was spittin some crazy bars on this & basically transformed what most of us may or may not call hit or miss beats into really solid songs with his delivery. This is what Ugod is best at doing. I really love the joints he did with Rza, dude is def mad underrated. I do agree that 12RTD sounds a little rushed, but Ghost is 1 of those Mc's that stays in the studio & can drop album after album. That is what Ghost is best at doing. Both are equally DOPE! peace

who actually bought a copy? cause im thinking less than 20 (that's being generous) of us on this forum...