once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Production on Reunited

Question Production on Reunited

Peace y'all!

Does anyone of you have any infos on how that song was produced? Any interview piece or sth like that? Did RZA actually compose the violin part? Or did he just hire that violinist, gave her some direction and then she did her thing?
    I'm wondering because it's just such an awesome thrilling musically supreme composition. But back then, to my knowledge, RZA didn't know too much about "music" in terms of writing notes and stuff...
    Well, even though I regard RZA as a musical genius to some extent: It would really surprise me if he pulled it off like that!

On a related issue:
    Who really came up with that strange rumor that there are only four samples on Forever? Did RZA himself say so?

Peace.

Yea, I would love to know more about Reunited also. I do know that the violins were provided by famed hip hop violinist Miri Ben-Ari. Also, the video, which never was released commercially, features GZA's former manager Angela Yee, of Power 105's Breakfast Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40a5UNO5T44
    Last edited by WuBizzie; 08-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.

I've wondered about that many times too... I think RZA didn't write the notes as a whole. He just gave her tips how it should sound to get sound of the Wu and she did it. It doesn't mean that he didn't have a major contribution to this though.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by WuBizzie View Post
    Yea, I would love to know more about Reunited also. I do know that the violins were provided by famed hip hop violinist Miri Ben-Ari. Also, the video, which never was released commercially, features GZA's former manager Angela Yee, of Power 105's Breakfast Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40a5UNO5T44
    Heard that too about Miri Ben-Ari. But is that really true though? I know it says so on her Wikipedia page and all, but except for some likely copy/pastes I did not find any independent evidence for this. Considering her DOB and what it say on her bio part of the wiki page (came to NY after serving the Isreali army - which as far as I know - is two years), it does not seem so super likely that it's her. If so, Wu would have basically discovered her (I think all the feature tracks in her discog are newer than Reunited)...

Peace.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

It seems that RZA whistled the tune and let the violinist did his shit. He said that somewhere. I do think the violinist did his own thing based on the tune Rza whistled.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

I thought it was Miri Ben Ari or Bjork.....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

I like the "Reunited" beat much more than the "Triumph" beat.

Yeah, Reunited was banging every where when Wu Tang Forever came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    Bjork? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
    Peace y'all!

Does anyone of you have any infos on how that song was produced? Any interview piece or sth like that? Did RZA actually compose the violin part? Or did he just hire that violinist, gave her some direction and then she did her thing?
    I'm wondering because it's just such an awesome thrilling musically supreme composition. But back then, to my knowledge, RZA didn't know too much about "music" in terms of writing notes and stuff...
    Well, even though I regard RZA as a musical genius to some extent: It would really surprise me if he pulled it off like that!

On a related issue:
    Who really came up with that strange rumor that there are only four samples on Forever? Did RZA himself say so?

Peace.
    I know this post was posted a while back but I thought I'd answer it. The violinist is actually a violinist who played in Yanni's band by the name of "Karen Briggs" and thus we have ended the mystery of who played "Violin" on "Reunited"

http://www.karenbriggsviolin.com/#!k...ggsviolin/cjg9

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

One of the sickest beats of all fucking time.
    We do it for the people.

Veteran Member

It's a real violin RZA told her how to play it. I met him a couple years back and asked him about it. Don't remember the name of the female he Said playing it. Yumi or something like that? She has played in front of Taj Mahal. Dont know if she Did it solo or in an orchestra or band.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Me too. So fucking majestic. I listen to that shit and see golden falcons descending from the heavens above.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDCAGE View Post
    Bjork? LOL
    Lol yeah that guy talks strange.
    Last edited by THUGNIFICENT; 04-04-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    EASILY, i have heard nothing else that sounds like it. Reunited is dope but i have heard hundreds of beats similar.

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    One of the sickest beats of all fucking time.
    No doubt