Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Important question

  1. #1
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Important question

    Peace

    Since the majority of the world's religions and faiths possess a mono-theological belief, why can't people use this commonality to promote peacefully coexistence? I have my views and answers on why we can't and how we can, but I want to hear your opinions, beliefs, and facts.

    Hotep

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  2. #2
    Semi Retired Prolifical ENG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,643
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Important question

    Its because people are egocentric. We are naturally inclined to defend/favour ourselves in values, traditions, etc. in which we IDENTIFY ourselves. Also people will just resist that change of who we are....perhaps superiority of religion..."my ideas, values are better".

    Of course some people can....however, most people cant.



  3. #3
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Important question

    ^Thank you for your honest and articulate words.

    Hotep

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  4. #4
    The Fast Shadow The Unknown Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of gold with hearts of cold.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Important question

    One reason would have to be, many religious peoples beleifs are so strong they don't want another religion to be somewhat on a higher level then there own religion, Like many Christians beleive that buddhism, astrology, and other things in that matter are the work of satan. They beleive that there people (christians) were only saved by christ, and think that believing in these other ways (including other religions) are like a one way ticket to hell. So there beleiving so strongly makes them hard headed believe christianity is the richous religion. In a way that they can keep order in there people, this may sound wrong but its almost like Hitler believing that Jewish people were wrong, so destroy them all and his beleive would be the only one. Its very much bullshit, but people with beleifs as strong as that think they dont have to respect people of other religions, races, or ways of life, because its not the one they beleive in. This may not make sence to others but thats cause im not the greatest with words...
    I don't give a god damn, on the shows you did
    How many rhymes you got, or who knows you kid?
    Cuz I don't know ya therefore show me what you know
    I come sharp as a blade and I cut you slow

  5. #5
    The Fast Shadow The Unknown Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of gold with hearts of cold.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Important question

    Well it looks like Prolifical ENG took the words right out of my brian....
    I don't give a god damn, on the shows you did
    How many rhymes you got, or who knows you kid?
    Cuz I don't know ya therefore show me what you know
    I come sharp as a blade and I cut you slow

  6. #6

    Default Re: Important question

    Because how many gods you believe in is quite irrelevant to everyday matters that cause conflict.
    And what shall we toast?

    Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!

  7. #7
    The Fast Shadow The Unknown Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of gold with hearts of cold.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Important question

    Quote Originally Posted by Os3y3ris
    Because how many gods you believe in is quite irrelevant to everyday matters that cause conflict.
    But not as irrelevant as you may think, because alot of everyday conflicts end up with at least a small link to someones beliefs
    I don't give a god damn, on the shows you did
    How many rhymes you got, or who knows you kid?
    Cuz I don't know ya therefore show me what you know
    I come sharp as a blade and I cut you slow

  8. #8

    Default Re: Important question

    Peace Blackwisdom In My Opinion The Reason There Is No Peace Is Cuz The World Is Based On Mans Belief(bomb)and When U Get All Types Of Beliefs Put Together Egos Get The Best Of People And Disagrements Start And Conflicts Happen Then Someone Dose Something To Someone That Has A Differnt Belief And There People Do Something For Reveng And There Stuck In A Circle Of Getting Reveng And There Offspring Are Raised With These Views U Know So Many Say They Want Peace But Only Use The Word As A Weapon To Get People To Join There Coast And Convince Them There Doing The Right Thing (for Exsample The War In Iraq) When There Only Adding Fuel To The Fire And Are Relly Helping Those Who Want The Power To Rule And The Only Reason Most Want The Power Of Rule Is Cuz The Power Of Money Humans Always Say They Want Peace But The Only Thing We Do Is Kill Eachother We Could Have Peace If 1.we Did Not Judge Eachother By Skin Color 2. We Did Not Get Mad If Someone Had A Differnt Belief 3.if People Like Bush Did Not Run Any Country 4.if We Allwork Towards Equality. There Is Much That Would Help Towards Peace What Is Your View Blackwisdom? Please Tell Me How We All Can Work Towards Peace Also Peace For The Good Topic Your Wisdom Is Deep!

  9. #9
    The Fast Shadow The Unknown Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Land of gold with hearts of cold.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Important question

    I aggree with hectis. This world could be more peacefull, but everyone of all beleifs would have to settle them together by putting together there thoughts about life and actually listen to each other. blackwisdom I'd like to hear your opinion too.
    I don't give a god damn, on the shows you did
    How many rhymes you got, or who knows you kid?
    Cuz I don't know ya therefore show me what you know
    I come sharp as a blade and I cut you slow

  10. #10
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Important question

    people may all love god
    but
    they love $$ more


    and nobody wants to let go of the $$ system
    and everybody wants to be #1 in the $$ game
    your mother's dick

  11. #11
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Important question

    Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Disciple
    One reason would have to be, many religious peoples beleifs are so strong they don't want another religion to be somewhat on a higher level then there own religion, Like many Christians beleive that buddhism, astrology, and other things in that matter are the work of satan. They beleive that there people (christians) were only saved by christ, and think that believing in these other ways (including other religions) are like a one way ticket to hell. So there beleiving so strongly makes them hard headed believe christianity is the richous religion. In a way that they can keep order in there people, this may sound wrong but its almost like Hitler believing that Jewish people were wrong, so destroy them all and his beleive would be the only one. Its very much bullshit, but people with beleifs as strong as that think they dont have to respect people of other religions, races, or ways of life, because its not the one they beleive in. This may not make sence to others but thats cause im not the greatest with words...
    Very well stated. I see this and would like to see a greater understanding achieved. I'm a big dreamer in some regards, but an even greater visionary. Thank you for your comments, they were well received.

    Hotep

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  12. #12
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Important question

    Quote Originally Posted by hectis
    Peace Blackwisdom In My Opinion The Reason There Is No Peace Is Cuz The World Is Based On Mans Belief(bomb)and When U Get All Types Of Beliefs Put Together Egos Get The Best Of People And Disagrements Start And Conflicts Happen Then Someone Dose Something To Someone That Has A Differnt Belief And There People Do Something For Reveng And There Stuck In A Circle Of Getting Reveng And There Offspring Are Raised With These Views U Know So Many Say They Want Peace But Only Use The Word As A Weapon To Get People To Join There Coast And Convince Them There Doing The Right Thing (for Exsample The War In Iraq) When There Only Adding Fuel To The Fire And Are Relly Helping Those Who Want The Power To Rule And The Only Reason Most Want The Power Of Rule Is Cuz The Power Of Money Humans Always Say They Want Peace But The Only Thing We Do Is Kill Eachother We Could Have Peace If 1.we Did Not Judge Eachother By Skin Color 2. We Did Not Get Mad If Someone Had A Differnt Belief 3.if People Like Bush Did Not Run Any Country 4.if We Allwork Towards Equality. There Is Much That Would Help Towards Peace What Is Your View Blackwisdom? Please Tell Me How We All Can Work Towards Peace Also Peace For The Good Topic Your Wisdom Is Deep!

    I can tell you how Africans and African decedents can regain their natural peace and tranquility. If "we" re-learn what was whole (holy) we can regain our holistic health and well-being. Cultural rebirth will place Afrikan people in a position where no wo/man can determine nor control our fate (that's the abbreviated answer).

    Now for the world... The originators have to seek and return to their origins in order to restore order and teach all of the rest of the Earth's residents how to live correctly.

    To clarify. When Europeans robbed the tombs of the Gods they spread a 15% understanding of the holistic sciences that they stole. This distortion of supreme knowledge and lifestyle has polluted the minds bodies and spirits of the planet for thousands of years. The architects have to reprogram the mental computers of the misinformed to promote proper living.

    This is like me stating the demands of the Black Panther Party to the President of the US and him concurring, I understand this, but this is but a snippet of my views.

    Hotep

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  13. #13
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Important question

    Quote Originally Posted by LHX
    people may all love god
    but
    they love $$ more


    and nobody wants to let go of the $$ system
    and everybody wants to be #1 in the $$ game
    Not everyone. Some of us just want to survive and be able to facilitate resources to our people.

    Hotep

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

  14. #14

    Default Re: Important question

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom

    I can tell you how Africans and African decedents can regain their natural peace and tranquility. If "we" re-learn what was whole (holy) we can regain our holistic health and well-being. Cultural rebirth will place Afrikan people in a position where no wo/man can determine nor control our fate (that's the abbreviated answer).

    Now for the world... The originators have to seek and return to their origins in order to restore order and teach all of the rest of the Earth's residents how to live correctly.

    To clarify. When Europeans robbed the tombs of the Gods they spread a 15% understanding of the holistic sciences that they stole. This distortion of supreme knowledge and lifestyle has polluted the minds bodies and spirits of the planet for thousands of years. The architects have to reprogram the mental computers of the misinformed to promote proper living.

    This is like me stating the demands of the Black Panther Party to the President of the US and him concurring, I understand this, but this is but a snippet of my views.

    Hotep
    THANK U FOR UR VIEWS

  15. #15
    Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Important question

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom
    Peace

    Since the majority of the world's religions and faiths possess a mono-theological belief, why can't people use this commonality to promote peacefully coexistence? I have my views and answers on why we can't and how we can, but I want to hear your opinions, beliefs, and facts.

    Hotep

    To more specifically answer why we can't, I have a real story that can explain.

    I had a person steal some Cd's from me. He scratched my name off of them and wrote his name on them. Brought them in the attention of everyone, to claim his ownership of them. He was from Texas and listened to Screwed up music, the Cd's he stole were Wu and Nas. Everyone with a clear understanding could easily determine that my claim to them was authentic due to the following facts:

    -There was evidence of an attempt to destroy the original distinguishing markings on the item.
    -There was evidence of an apparent remarking (renaming) of the item.
    -The item was not of the nature of the possessor.
    -The item was of the nature of the person that claims that it was stolen.

    Apply this story to the story of the grave robbings of Africans by Europeans, add the understanding of the escalation of "modern" technologies around that time, and you'll get evidence that the original holistic (holy) way of being was stolen misinterpreted and disseminated to the world through racism and imperialism. This abomination has destroyed humanity and its relation to the one Supreme Being.

    If someone steals something they will not return it because it would be know that they are thieves and criminals; therefore they would have to relinquish control of all stolen rights to the goods and services stolen and be held accountable. The powers that be will never freely incriminate themselves.

    I apologies if I offend but I state my understanding as of present. I'm tired so please excuse any laziness in my verbiage and articulation. TBC.

    Hotep

    "Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

Similar Threads

  1. question of the day
    By RADIOACTIVE MAN in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
  2. Cassidy hott Yes or No?
    By 18thdesciple in forum Audio Booth
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 12:22 AM
  3. New Trife The God interview... link inside!
    By wu-tang1988 in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 03:28 PM
  4. --New Quest-Rah!--
    By Golden_Armz in forum Audio Booth
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
  5. new mobb deep album titled infamous big bang!
    By jaywoods27 in forum Hip-Hop Shop
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •