Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Besides Will Smith....

What rapper turned actor/actress has done the best at going from being a rapper to being an actor/actress?
    Last edited by hectis; 10-26-2013 at 06:07 PM.

-

Queen Latifah
    Ice Cube
    LL Cool J
    DMX(he could still be doing movies if he wasn't acting crazy and staying outta trouble)
    Ice T(he's done a lot of wack straight to video movies but he's done a few good movies like New Jack City, Surviving The Game, Ricochet. Plus he's been on Law and Order SVU for a long time.)
    Treach of Naughty By Nature
    50 Cent

Will Smith has done a lot of wack movies and i don't care if his movies have made a lot of money. He's a decent actor. I also like his music especially the stuff he did with Jazzy Jeff. People may say his music is soft and he's wack for not cursing but so what. Every rapper doesn't need to curse and every rapper doesn't have to be from the hood. Him and Jazzy Jeff's Summertime song is a classic and always gets played on black radio stations during the summer. Love the video too. Another good underrated song that he did with Jazzy Jeff that doesn't get a lot of play is I Wanna Rock on their last album Code Red. The video is good. Props to him and Jazzy Jeff for sampling Rob Base's It Takes Two on I Wanna Rock. I also like his Gettin Jiggy With It and Miami songs.

About that life

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

will Smith is a better actor that all the people you named though.

Marky Mark.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Yeah^ Mark Walburg has been the best transition.

I forgot he was ever a rapper, lol.

Will Smith is awful at acting thats why hes always in dumb space movies and when he tries to go serious he flops. He has charisma, but he isn't a great actor.

Puff Daddy is actually a decent actor, at least from the few things i've seen him in. A lot of these rappers just play a version of themselves tbh they're entertaining in spite of not being good actors.

Theres a whole bunch of actors like that though, that only play themselves like Marky Mark is always himself, Nicolas Cage just does the same wooden shit in every movie, Keanu Reeves etc.

Ok, someone change the name of this thread to "What rapper turned actor/actress"
    Last edited by hectis; 10-26-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Surprised no one said pac

Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Surprised no one said Raekwon

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Mos def

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Queen Latifah
    Ice Cube
    LL Cool J
    DMX(he could still be doing movies if he wasn't acting crazy and staying outta trouble)
    Ice T(he's done a lot of wack straight to video movies but he's done a few good movies like New Jack City, Surviving The Game, Ricochet. Plus he's been on Law and Order SVU for a long time.)
    Treach of Naughty By Nature
    50 Cent

Will Smith has done a lot of wack movies and i don't care if his movies have made a lot of money. He's a decent actor. I also like his music especially the stuff he did with Jazzy Jeff. People may say his music is soft and he's wack for not cursing but so what. Every rapper doesn't need to curse and every rapper doesn't have to be from the hood. Him and Jazzy Jeff's Summertime song is a classic and always gets played on black radio stations during the summer. Love the video too. Another good underrated song that he did with Jazzy Jeff that doesn't get a lot of play is I Wanna Rock on their last album Code Red. The video is good. Props to him and Jazzy Jeff for sampling Rob Base's It Takes Two on I Wanna Rock. I also like his Gettin Jiggy With It and Miami songs.
    I thought Will Smith did come from a rough area? West Philly is one of the worst parts.

Getting Jiggy with it song sucks. lol
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Brian Austin Green. Also, Ice T was good in New York Undercover.
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Ice T was good in New York Undercover.
    When was he in New York Undercover?